Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

The involvement of the Jefferson County Prosecutor in the case was one of the reasons the trial was moved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
The whole, sordid story, the girl wasn't drunk, she was drugged with the help of her best friend. Some best friend..!
LocalLeaks - Steubenville Files

Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The whole, sordid story, the girl wasn't drunk, she was drugged with the help of her best friend. Some best friend..!
Some sick bastards will say, "serves her right for picking friends like that" "how were the poor jocks supposed to know that?"

Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's a very interesting link. Look at the prosecutor's non-denial denial.

Update 1:15 p.m.: On January 6, Keenan's mother, Jefferson County Prosecutor Jane Hanlin denied the allegations that her son and her house were involved in the case. She said:

All allegations that me or my son or my home are involved in any way whatsoever in this criminal matter are 100 percent false. None of the alleged events occurred at my home. My son was not present at any time while the victim was alleged to have been unconscious, photographed, videotaped or sexually assaulted. Any statement to the contrary is 100 percent false.

In other words, her son was there at some time during these parties.
Prosecutor Jane Hanlin is also married to a Steubenville police officer.

"The Honorable Jane Hanlin is a Prosecuting Attorney for Jefferson County and the mother of Big Red football player Charlie Keenan, who is suspected of being a member of "The Rape Crew". Jane Hanlin represented Edward "Eddie" Lulla in a civil legal matter this summer (spending a great deal of time with him). Mr. Lulla is an agent for the BCI who was sent by the State of Ohio to lend oversight to the rape investigation in Steubenville. Not surprisingly, the State of Ohio found everything to be going smoothly. In addition, "Eddie" Lulla's son was recently chosen to join Steubenville Police Department out of a pool of three candidates. When ranked, his son was not the first candidate. It is crystal clear why Mr. Lulla was unable to find anything wrong with the current investigation (which is being conducted by SPD) into this horrible crime. Jane Hanlin's current husband is also a member of the Steubenville Police Department."
http://www.localleaks.me/localleaks/...les/index.html

HBO would pass on a show that had this kind of plot. Too unbelievable.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Wow I didn't think it could get worse. Yeah some best friend. Unreal.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll comment as I choose.
Don't like it, perhaps you should avail yourself of the ignore feature.

Chick is nothing but demeaning.
Female is descriptive.
Who has ever said female = livestock. Aside from you, that is.
yea youre crazy.. thank you for reminding about the ignore feature! bye CHICK have a nice day

Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Prosecutor Jane Hanlin is also married to a Steubenville police officer.

"The Honorable Jane Hanlin is a Prosecuting Attorney for Jefferson County and the mother of Big Red football player Charlie Keenan, who is suspected of being a member of "The Rape Crew". Jane Hanlin represented Edward "Eddie" Lulla in a civil legal matter this summer (spending a great deal of time with him). Mr. Lulla is an agent for the BCI who was sent by the State of Ohio to lend oversight to the rape investigation in Steubenville. Not surprisingly, the State of Ohio found everything to be going smoothly. In addition, "Eddie" Lulla's son was recently chosen to join Steubenville Police Department out of a pool of three candidates. When ranked, his son was not the first candidate. It is crystal clear why Mr. Lulla was unable to find anything wrong with the current investigation (which is being conducted by SPD) into this horrible crime. Jane Hanlin's current husband is also a member of the Steubenville Police Department."

HBO would pass on a show that had this kind of plot. Too unbelievable.
I hope there are more arrests in this case, which wold include Jane Hanlin. I think there are enough photos to put her home as the venue where these incidents took place, unless she got rid of the furniture and the rug, which appeared in photos of the other two alleged incidents and this one. She's involved as much as those boys. Clearly whe was attempting to obstruct justice by asking the victim not to press charges (which in fact she didn't, her parents did). Apparently Jane wasn't even home when the most recent incident took place.

Seems Stubenville is deep in all sorts of corruption.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Oh. My. God.

Still want to blame the girl because she was "drunk", still want to say that this kind of thing "happens", still want to insist that the girl is in anyway culpable, responsible, at fault?

Malamute, still want to insist that the drunk boys couldn't help it because she made herself so irresistible a target?

From Donn's link....

Quote:
After being convinced, with some amount of coaxing - to attend the parties that night with the "Rape Crew" by Mark Cole's girlfriend Santoro, Jane Doe was picked up at a volleyball team party she was attending in the early evening of August 11th and transported in a vehicle with Richmond, Mays and Cole in it. Jane Doe was administered a "date rape" drug snuck into her drink almost immediately, possibly while still in the vehicle enroute to the nights "festivities". In any case, she has no memories after being picked up. The first party of the night was at the home of Assistant Coach Rick Cameletti, where Michael Nodianos, Charlie Keenan, Cody Saltsman, and Anthony Craig were already engaged in heavy drinking and drug use. At this location Jane Doe was raped multiple times by Richmond and Mays and at least two other assailants from the "Rape Crew". At that point the "party" went on the move. They first stopped at another Assistant Coach's home, Coach Belerdine. Both Belerdine and his sister were present at this time. Jane Doe was again sexually assaulted at this party. They hit the road again with an unconscious Jane Doe in tow. While en route to Mark Cole's house, Jane was again raped and sodomized in the back seat of a vehicle - and this was video recorded by Mark Cole who was in the front seat. Her attackers in the car were again Mays and Richmond. Once they arrived at Mark Cole's house Jane Doe was carried to the basement where she was again raped multiple times by multiple attackers, one of which was Michael Nodianos. Also at the Cole residence, Jane Doe was orally raped by Trent Mays. Finally, having sated themselves and exhausted any further entertainment that Jane Doe could provide for these animals, she was unceremoniously dumped (still unconscious) onto the front lawn of the Cole residence - where at least one member of the "Rape Crew" proceeded to urinate on her. At some point in the early morning hours of August 12th, a semi-conscious Jane Doe was transported to her home in West Virginia.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh. My. God.

Still want to blame the girl because she was "drunk", still want to say that this kind of thing "happens", still want to insist that the girl is in anyway culpable, responsible, at fault?

Malamute, still want to insist that the drunk boys couldn't help it because she made herself so irresistible a target?

From Donn's link....

Quote:
After being convinced, with some amount of coaxing - to attend the parties that night with the "Rape Crew" by Mark Cole's girlfriend Santoro, Jane Doe was picked up at a volleyball team party she was attending in the early evening of August 11th and transported in a vehicle with Richmond, Mays and Cole in it. Jane Doe was administered a "date rape" drug snuck into her drink almost immediately, possibly while still in the vehicle enroute to the nights "festivities". In any case, she has no memories after being picked up. The first party of the night was at the home of Assistant Coach Rick Cameletti, where Michael Nodianos, Charlie Keenan, Cody Saltsman, and Anthony Craig were already engaged in heavy drinking and drug use. At this location Jane Doe was raped multiple times by Richmond and Mays and at least two other assailants from the "Rape Crew". At that point the "party" went on the move. They first stopped at another Assistant Coach's home, Coach Belerdine. Both Belerdine and his sister were present at this time. Jane Doe was again sexually assaulted at this party. They hit the road again with an unconscious Jane Doe in tow. While en route to Mark Cole's house, Jane was again raped and sodomized in the back seat of a vehicle - and this was video recorded by Mark Cole who was in the front seat. Her attackers in the car were again Mays and Richmond. Once they arrived at Mark Cole's house Jane Doe was carried to the basement where she was again raped multiple times by multiple attackers, one of which was Michael Nodianos. Also at the Cole residence, Jane Doe was orally raped by Trent Mays. Finally, having sated themselves and exhausted any further entertainment that Jane Doe could provide for these animals, she was unceremoniously dumped (still unconscious) onto the front lawn of the Cole residence - where at least one member of the "Rape Crew" proceeded to urinate on her. At some point in the early morning hours of August 12th, a semi-conscious Jane Doe was transported to her home in West Virginia.
That is absolutely heinous and heartbreaking to read. So, so many people saw what was going on, I hope they all rot in hell for doing NOTHING to help her.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
I know this case got sidelined in the press because of Sandy Hook, but I can't believe people have to dig so hard to find information about a case where two individuals have already been convicted. I didn't think this whole thing could get any worse but...wow. Someone else said it earlier--if this was a miniseries, no one would believe the plot line. I just want to throw up.

So it looks like she WAS drugged, although she went to the police too late for the toxicology reports to show it, and an ex boyfriend and his team mates/friends were out to humiliate and hurt her in revenge for dumping him. Your girlfriend breaks up with you so you drug her and have her repeatedly gang raped? Who raises kids like that? They're like feral animals. Adults--including two assistant football coaches--seem to have supported not only the party scene with HS kids, but HOSTED them, and supported the way they treated the girl. The adults in power in the community protected the rapists every step of the way, knowing what was going on. As a mother (or even as a human being), I don't know what to do with this.

Last edited by mb1547; 03-20-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies