Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You have surely dedicated a lot of fruitless time and effort to a cause that "really isn't that important" then.

Wish I had that type of free time in my life.....
6,045 posts in 8 1/2 years. Uh....perhaps self reflection isn't your strong suit. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 09:06 PM

11,268 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
6,045 posts in 8 1/2 years. Uh....perhaps self reflection isn't your strong suit. lol
That averages out to less than two posts a day. This is my second post today. Sweet dreams!

Old 01-10-2018, 09:07 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
I see you again you ignored any evidence (including links) that does not conform with your personal views of marijuana. That is what 99% of all prohibitionists do on these threads: Ignore, then pop up later in different threads to spout the same old stuff that has been proven wrong. I was hoping for more from you.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have a question for all the advocates of legal mj.
Why should I have to worry every time I am behind the wheel that some fool high on weed may possible cross over into my lane and smash into me because he/she actually had no control over the vehicle because of his /her intoxicated state?
Now don't go on about all the people intoxicated by boose, I am talking about the dangers of increased uses of mj, as it is becoming legal in many more states.
Sure, some have been smoking it for years and driving, but with it's new legalization, many more will have access to it, and that worries me.

Lets hear from the gallery so my direct question can be answered without all the off subject stuff
Why should I and countless other motorist be put in jeopardy because some fool wants to smoke and drive?
Simple question, so the answer should be simple.

Bob.
How are you NOW getting behind the wheel of your car and driving since alcohol is legal?

How about new drivers?
The elderly?
Someone having a medical episode?
The endless supply of distracted idiots texting on their phones?

You face danger every time you get behind the wheel... and yet you still drive.

Someone driving under the influence of cannabis is probably going to be one of the least of your concerns, I am quite sure.

Further...

Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Quote:
It is well established that alcohol increases accident risk. Evidence of marijuana’s culpability in on-road driving accidents is much less convincing.

Although cannabis intoxication has been shown to mildly impair psychomotor skills, this impairment does not appear to be severe or long lasting. In driving simulator tests, this impairment is typically manifested by subjects decreasing their driving speed and requiring greater time to respond to emergency situations.

Nevertheless, this impairment does not appear to play a significant role in on-road traffic accidents. A 2002 review of seven separate studies involving 7,934 drivers reported, “Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes.†This result is likely because subject under the influence of marijuana are aware of their impairment and compensate for it accordingly, such as by slowing down and by focusing their attention when they know a response will be required. This reaction is just the opposite of that exhibited by drivers under the influence of alcohol, who tend to drive in a more risky manner proportional to their intoxication.

Today, a large body of research exists exploring the impact of marijuana on psychomotor skills and actual driving performance. This research consists of driving simulator studies, on-road performance studies, crash culpability studies, and summary reviews of the existing evidence. To date, the result of this research is fairly consistent: Marijuana has a measurable yet relatively mild effect on psychomotor skills, yet it does not appear to play a significant role in vehicle crashes, particularly when compared to alcohol. Below is a summary of some of the existing data.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:12 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
I don't think all libs do, just most.
Wow. You know a LOT of people.
That is amazing, Sophiasmommy.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
I have a question for all the advocates of legal mj.
Why should I have to worry every time I am behind the wheel that some fool high on weed may possible cross over into my lane and smash into me because he/she actually had no control over the vehicle because of his /her intoxicated state?
Now don't go on about all the people intoxicated by boose, I am talking about the dangers of increased uses of mj, as it is becoming legal in many more states.
Sure, some have been smoking it for years and driving, but with it's new legalization, many more will have access to it, and that worries me.

Lets hear from the gallery so my direct question can be answered without all the off subject stuff
Why should I and countless other motorist be put in jeopardy because some fool wants to smoke and drive?
Simple question, so the answer should be simple.

Bob.
The fools that want to smoke and drive are already doing so. They have been for years.

You act like about 5% of the population currently use marijuana and legalization will cause that to spike to 55%. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Years ago, well before legalization, in Oklahoma of all places, I bought new tires. As a complimentary service, the tire shop cleaned up the console and dash of my car.

I asked what they do if they find something "funny". They told me they find "a lot of green things". They ignore it of course, they can't turn in half their their customers and expect to stay in business.

The moral of the story is that not only are the vast majority of marijuana users already using it regardless of legality, but also the vast majority of people that are going to use it and drive are already doing so. I offer the drop in accidents in Colorado since legalization as evidence. Once the increase in population is accounted for, traffic accidents are actually down slightly over the last 5 years. So sorry, no falling sky here.

We are now 5 years into legalization. If marijuana and driving were going to be a problem, Colorado highways should be strewn with bodies by now.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:30 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
Honest Question for Libs: Why is smoking cigs bad, but smoking pot is cool?

Because cigarettes are a medically proven killer, while marijuana has no direct link to cancer and makes you creative ...and hungry....and tired....

Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 PM

8,563 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Are you worried more now? Just because it becomes legal doesn't mean everyone and their brother will be running out to consume it.

You have been on the road with people under the influence of all sorts of things, and are everytime you venture onto the road.

Secondly, where has ANYONE advocated for driving under the influence?

You present this sky is falling situation where there is none.

According to this picture,and many,many others, the lines are very long to get into mj shops here in Los Angeles.

You really don't expect us to believe all these people were smoking it before it became legal do you?
Newly legal means more people will be using it, increasing the danger of more people driving while high.

Bob.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 PM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand the double standard. Neo Progs detest cigarettes (rightfully so) but think pot smoking is the coolest, trendiest, hippest thing ever. They're both carcinogens, stink like crazy and are terrible for your body, yet leftists are staunch advocates for recreational pot everywhere and staunch advocates against cigarettes everywhere. So please, help me understand the disconnect. Thanks
It don't make no sense.

Progs lionize someone who promotes pot and then reelect someone who wants to ban sugary sodas.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
According to this picture,and many,many others, the lines are very long to get into mj shops here in Los Angeles.

You really don't expect us to believe all these people were smoking it before it became legal do you?
Newly legal means more people will be using it, increasing the danger of more people driving while high.

Bob.
Yes, I do, and while there might be some n00bs in there, I suspect a lot of them are just law abiding citizens, glad to be able to get their cannabis in a shop.

You know why you haven't seen them in lines before? Because it has really been legal to do so.

This isn't rocket science.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean people who didn't use it will all of the sudden go get stoned. Have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies