Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Ah, yes, You must be a Republican if you "don't believe the polls." How's that working out for ya? LOL!
So what you are saying is you are a good little sheep and believe everything they tell you. Hate to say it but you are just being fooled. And that probably won't work out in the end.

Getting real tired of the gay marriage subject. I mean they are such a small part of our population why must we spend so much time on it. I do believe we have bigger problems right now. Just another reason the MSM is a waste of time.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I think you all are confused about in what way America was a Christian nation. Our government has always been secular, as established by the Constitution. Culture on the other-hand was still very Christo-centric or Judeo-Christian if you prefer that term. Culture today has completely changed and is no longer in harmony with the Bible or mainstream Christianity. The American government is a reflection of its people. The government that once reflected a Christian America now reflects a post-Christian one, and Republicans are not adapting or accepting the change well.
I'm not the least bit confused. You asserted that Americans are disgusted by the Bible and Christian morality. I pointed out that you are wrong, that you have no foundation for such an assertion, and that your entire premise of a post-Christian society is flawed.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't believe the polls. If close to 60% of Americans supported homosexual marriage then why do so many states have constitutional amendments defining marriage between a man and a woman? Amendments passed by overwhelming public support not all that long ago. Did these people have a sudden change of heart? Did they die?
Both. Remember than many of these amendments were passed 8 years ago. While that may not seem like a lot, it makes a world of difference.

Also remember that 2004 was a hateful time in American politics - now, not so much.

Quote:
Getting real tired of the gay marriage subject. I mean they are such a small part of our population why must we spend so much time on it. I do believe we have bigger problems right now. Just another reason the MSM is a waste of time.
It will NEVER be time for SSM for people like you. There will always be something more important and meanwhile, more people will pass their lives without rights and benefits that should be afforded to them. You may see this as a trivial issue, but when you have a foreign SS partner and you can't do anything but watch them be deported, it IS an important issue.

People capable of empathy see that. You don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
I'm with ya brother. The world is crumbling all around us, and this is all they want to talk about. I'm sick of this topic, and they haven't changed my mind one iota. Truth is they can't win by public vote, so they have to use the strongarm of gov't force, or bully pulpit of the Supreme Court, who isn't above being intimidated by the pressure. I'm sorry but two men or two women are not equal to a man and a woman, they just aren't when it comes to marriage. Civil unions will give them the same benefits, if that's what this is about, but it's not, it's about them destroying religious freedom and a finger in the eye of the last vestige of morality. The traditional family will become obsolete or the non-conformists. Twisted!
I know that Obama's reelection was crushing for your type, but you can't go on pretending that 2012 never happened. If the SC doesn't throw out the ban of gay marriages this year, more states will put it up for a vote in 2016 and it will pass. And then more, and more. As I mentioned above, people with empathy see this, correctly, as an issue of equality, not "I don't waaaaaannnnna! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" while stomping your feet on the ground and bringing up random bible quotes that have no baring on anything.

Twisted!

Last edited by db108108; 03-26-2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post

Getting real tired of the gay marriage subject. I mean they are such a small part of our population why must we spend so much time on it.
They are like a tiny dog hiding under the sofa that won't shut up and stop barking. Small, insignificant, and annoying.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
And once it's legal in all 50 states you'll go about pretending it was never an issue to start with and focus on something else to not care about because it doesn't directly impact your life.

So who thinks the GOP will drop their anti-gay marriage stance from the 2016 convention platform and act like it was never there?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And once it's legal in all 50 states you'll go about pretending it was never an issue to start with and focus on something else to not care about because it doesn't directly impact your life.

So who thinks the GOP will drop their anti-gay marriage stance from the 2016 convention platform and act like it was never there?
Tell me how gay marriage is an issue that would effect our nation. Will our country have problems stemming from gays not being able to marry?

And I am not part of the GOP. Dumped them years ago. I joined the reality party.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is you are a good little sheep and believe everything they tell you. Hate to say it but you are just being fooled. And that probably won't work out in the end.

The audacity to diminish a segment of the population because you think their numbers render their rights insignifigant. Did it ever occur to you that what you "consider a "waste of time" is actually just as important to those law abising citizens as your civil rights are to you. Hiow utterly selfish your attitude is.

Thankfully, gay rights as it pertains to marriage is gaining momentum worldwide despite the bigots, bible thumpers, rednecks and other various ignorant groups that reside in the USA. Your opinion will be the minority in its blatant bigotry and fostering those opinions will be a "waste of time".

Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
But you must understand, true Christians could never join in with homosexuals because it goes against the very teachings in the Bible.
False. You clearly know nothing about the Bible. Let me guess, you cherry pick Romans, Leviticus, or Corinthians out of context and original language and think it's black and white, right?

"True Christian" = No True Scotsman Fallacy. By Jesus' own teachings, anti-gay fundamentalists/evangelicals are the least likely to be "True Christians".

Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
When people are citizens, voting is a right that is conferred by the constitution. The same rule doesn't apply to marriage, since it is not a right.
Actually, no there is no right to vote in the Constitution, just like there is no right to marry.

Who told you voting was a right?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Had it not been for Hurricane Sandy, Romney would very likely have won.
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better. Although, the fact that Romney lost typical red states that he needed to win that were absolutely no where near Hurricane Sandy kinda destroys your theory. How did the Hurricane make Romney lose Florida and Virginia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies