Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support gay marriage but nobody will ever convince me that the very best model as a generalization is anything outside of 1 man and 1 women. Men and women are different. They provide different things.

That said if we are to argue that a kid must be raised by a man and a women we have to do something to make divorce and single mothers illegal.

Because one model is the very best doesn't mean that other models can't work.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Out of the mouths of babes!

11-Year-Old's Question: 'Which Parent Do I Not Need-My Mom or My Dad? - YouTube

That is the way God Made it- Man and Woman. If Only we would listen to these children who have been brought up with the correct role model of a man and a woman family.
You conservatives are just OBSESSED with gay sex!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Out of the mouths of babes!

11-Year-Old's Question: 'Which Parent Do I Not Need-My Mom or My Dad? - YouTube

That is the way God Made it- Man and Woman. If Only we would listen to these children who have been brought up with the correct role model of a man and a woman family.
The media only focuses on the children of gays that are presentable. If you notice though the always tend to be the kids of lesbians never gay dads. If the show kids of gay dads as there almost always little biracial kids.

I have an issue with white gay men adopting black boys or any boys frankly. I think there is something sexual going on there.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:

That is the way God Made it- Man and Woman.
Did God make the millions of American families with a male father and a female mother who are totally dysfunctional? You know, the ones where the kids are beaten or mistreated or left to fend for themselves while Mom and Dad are stoned/drunk out of their minds?

What happens when Mom or Dad dies? Are those families not a part of "Conservative Wholesome America" because Dad got sent to Afghanistan and came home in a box? Hmm.... I assume you finger shakers have a real problem when Dad takes daughter out to buy her prom dress because Mom got creamed by a drunk driver.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Is someone taking the girl's parent away...why would anyone take that precious child's mommy or daddy away?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You heard it single and widowed parents, give all your children to the states.
You can put in pretend parents, or proxy parents, but they can never replace the genuine article.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The media only focuses on the children of gays that are presentable. If you notice though the always tend to be the kids of lesbians never gay dads. If the show kids of gay dads as there almost always little biracial kids.
The media is known for only presenting people whom they feel fit the criteria or angle of the piece. This video is no different. Just as they put up a presentable and intelligent young girl with two parents, they could have just as easily shown us a decrepit and failing miscreant of a child with two parents.

Though, I hope I'm not the only person who noticed that this girl had to read almost word for word what she said. Good indicator of whether the child or parent is doing the work is the capacity to remember key bulletin points. I might be projecting, though. At 11, I was expected at school to be able to do 2 minute presentations without notecards or a cheat sheet.

Quote:
I have an issue with white gay men adopting black boys or any boys frankly. I think there is something sexual going on there.
Do you have a problem with a straight man raising a girl?
Do you have a problem with a straight woman raising a boy?
Do you have a problem with homosexual women raising a girl?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is someone taking the girl's parent away...why would anyone take that precious child's mommy or daddy away?
Perhaps she meant to speak out against divorce and got confused? She's only 11, after all. It's the adults who push her out front who have no excuse for their muddled thinking.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:

It's all in your head. Why your thoughts jump to something sexual I will never know.

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...traight-men-do
5 Myths About Gay People Debunked | Homosexuality & Sexual Orientation Science | LiveScience

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
You can put in pretend parents, or proxy parents, but they can never replace the genuine article.
My daughter-in-law's mother is an alcoholic and a drug addict, who cleaned out her kids' bank accounts and left them when they were pre-teens. They were raised by their father, with some help from their paternal grandmother, and they turned out very well. Turns out those kids were a hell of a lot better off without "the genuine article."

You make sweeping assumptions about parents that are based in some kind of fairy tale world. You are certainly not dealing in the reality of the here and now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies