Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
As long as you realize it's YOUR opinion and don't expect others to agree with or abide by it, we're good.
I truly wish this could get tagged on as a signature on EVERY post made at this forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 06:44 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
You're conflicting yourself here. You state that children need both a man and woman, then state that a man can't be a role model to a woman. Which is it?

Also, can you name something that only a mother can provide to a growing daughter? Name me one thing that a mother can provide that no other female present in the girl's life can provide. Because seriously, I can't think of anything I wasn't provided growing up.

What kind of things I should have learned from my mother that could never be learned elsewhere.

So you do recognize that people other than the parents can be role models.

Great thing you aren't a doctor or psychologist, then. Well, actually, if you even remotely learned anything in those fields, you'd see that your assumptions or current opinions are incorrect.

Whereas most people agree that having a loving and supporting family is what is best for growing children.

Pretty much, this.

Role models are not necessarily parents. And parents are not necessarily role models.
All of this rationalizing ... better to be born with just one leg and one arm, than none at all? This is the exercise you're engaging in ... comparing an ideal homosexual family with the worst of heterosexual family experience or no family at all. It's simply not an honest comparison. It's a tactical argument only, and nothing more.

This whole "New Normal" picture that is being painted reminds me of one of the best and my most favorite modern quotes, because it's so true .... “Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.”-Thomas Sowell.

While we have a very long history of traditional male-female couples producing and raising offspring, the actual body of evidence for homosexual couples raising children is quite small due to it being such a modern development. Of that small body of evidence, proponents hand filter through the available cases, picking out only the most favorable situations to create an overly optimistic and flattering narrative, while ignoring the not so complementary cases entirely, as if they didn't exist. And this follows a consistent pattern of deceptiveness that personifies the left's redefinition of reality in all it's many forms, as the "new normal" ... while they silence negative stories with the same lambasting vitriolic claims of homophobia and bigotry that immediately emerges in response to any challenge.

But aside the propaganda and deception emanating from left wing dominated mainstream circles, who are collectively allergic to the truth ... the real truth is, homosexual households are thoroughly ill-suited for raising children, and there are many first hand accounts available from those children raised in that environment that paints an entirely different picture than the propaganda suggests. And it is those voices which the left fears the most, which is why you will not hear them unless you listen carefully.

Here's an example, and you should read the entire article from a bisexual male college professor who was raised by a lesbian mother .... here's a small excerpt:

The other chicken-and-egg problem of Sherkat’s dismissal deals with conservative ideology. Many have dismissed my story with four simple words: “But you are conservative.” Yes, I am. How did I get that way? I moved to the right wing because I lived in precisely the kind of anti-normative, marginalized, and oppressed identity environment that the left celebrates: I am a bisexual Latino intellectual, raised by a lesbian, who experienced poverty in the Bronx as a young adult. I’m perceptive enough to notice that liberal social policies don’t actually help people in those conditions. Especially damning is the liberal attitude that we shouldn’t be judgmental about sex. In the Bronx gay world, I cleaned out enough apartments of men who’d died of AIDS to understand that resistance to sexual temptation is central to any kind of humane society. Sex can be hurtful not only because of infectious diseases but also because it leaves us vulnerable and more likely to cling to people who don’t love us, mourn those who leave us, and not know how to escape those who need us but whom we don’t love. The left understands none of that. That’s why I am conservative.

Growing Up With Two Moms: The Untold Children

There are a multitude of case stories from adults who were raised by homosexuals, who are now free to be honest about the difficulties they endured in such an unnatural environment. But of course, they're attacked just as viciously by the leftists as if they were religious fundamentalists.

It's the same old song and dance.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
The media is known for only presenting people whom they feel fit the criteria or angle of the piece. This video is no different. Just as they put up a presentable and intelligent young girl with two parents, they could have just as easily shown us a decrepit and failing miscreant of a child with two parents.

Though, I hope I'm not the only person who noticed that this girl had to read almost word for word what she said. Good indicator of whether the child or parent is doing the work is the capacity to remember key bulletin points. I might be projecting, though. At 11, I was expected at school to be able to do 2 minute presentations without notecards or a cheat sheet.
I thought the same thing about Robbie Parker, reading from a prepared statement ... what father needs a prepared statement to recount the memory of his daughter murdered at Sandy Hook?

Quote:
Do you have a problem with a straight man raising a girl?
Do you have a problem with a straight woman raising a boy?
Do you have a problem with homosexual women raising a girl?
Are you seriously suggesting that there is no difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals, either male or female? Given the 90-95% likelihood that a child is heterosexual, can you not see the fundamental issues in a heterosexual being raised in a homosexual household, regardless of the gender of the "parents" ?

The reality is, neither a lesbian or gay male are psychologically equipped to deal with all of the issues that will certainly be a part of raising a heterosexual child, and particularly as they come of age, and seek guidance in relationships with members of their same and opposite sex. It's really pretty obvious, when one removes the homo-sympathetic rose colored goggles, and simply views the matter objectively.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Out of the mouths of babes!

11-Year-Old's Question: 'Which Parent Do I Not Need-My Mom or My Dad? - YouTube

That is the way God Made it- Man and Woman. If Only we would listen to these children who have been brought up with the correct role model of a man and a woman family.
Exploiting your own children to further your own political beliefs is trashy.

The parents of this young girl are horrible role models, she got shafted when she was born into that family.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Exploiting your own children to further your own political beliefs is trashy.

The parents of this young girl are horrible role models, she got shafted when she was born into that family.
Stop picking on the kid, and just answer the question. Which parent is dispensible?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Stop picking on the kid, and just answer the question. Which parent is dispensible?
Both of that kids parents. She could go into Chuck E Cheese and randomly find a better parent.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Because a man cannot be a role model to a growing woman, she needs what only a woman can provide and visa versa. That is why we see Big Brother orgs, because boys need a male role model in their lives. Probably also why so many kids join gangs, to have some semblance of a caring family, they are seeking to fill in the gaps any way they can.
I think a lot of gay men are seeking father figures that they never had, or they were molested in their youth. Whatever it is, they've got issues that don't need to be passed on to children seeking guidance in a difficult world. That's my opinion, the nuclear family is best for growing children and society as a whole.
Absolute BS, my fiancee's dad did a great job raising his two daughters and son without their mom around.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 PM

The ideal situation is for both parents, mom and dad to raise a kid, assuming the mom and dad are not dysfunctional, too bad this kids' parents are dysfunctional. I'm pretty sure many gay couples would do a better job than that girl's effed up parents.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that there is no difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals, either male or female? Given the 90-95% likelihood that a child is heterosexual, can you not see the fundamental issues in a heterosexual being raised in a homosexual household, regardless of the gender of the "parents" ?
I am suggesting that there exists no difference, actually. After all, only about 10% of society is left handed, even less for ambidextrous persons. Just because somebody is part of a minority group doesn't make them incapable of raising children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The reality is, neither a lesbian or gay male are psychologically equipped to deal with all of the issues that will certainly be a part of raising a heterosexual child, and particularly as they come of age, and seek guidance in relationships with members of their same and opposite sex. It's really pretty obvious, when one removes the homo-sympathetic rose colored goggles, and simply views the matter objectively.
Citation is needed. Credible sources are preferred.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is an episode of American Dad that pretty much sums this up.
A huge problem in America these days is that people believe what they see on TV is real. I'd be beyond embarrassed to use a TV show as an example of real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies