Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
AND the point of this thread is? The point is anti gun obviously and lol you have to include a manual and binoculars as a evil arsenal to make it dramatic?

One guy, one gun with one book the Koran, can be more dangerous..........

So the point is?

the point is, is that the OP thinks that what adam lanza had was an arsenal, and it isnt even close.
plus the fact that lots of people need to learn what an arsenal really is before claiming something is when it isnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
and only about 26 kids at an elementary school...

would you say the same about the 70+ people murdered by the feds at mount carmel?

somehow I dont think you will.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you are saying a gun safe with 1,400 rounds is light. Good God, your safe must take up half your house.

I have 3x100 firearm safes, a 85 firearm safe and 3x50 firearm safes. I also have 20 barrels of ammo, and about 120 40mm ammo cans with centerfire cartridges in them. not much in my eyes, and I do know people who have even more than I do.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
I guess Adam was asleep at the trigger then. Or maybe he should've been held back by his NRA instructors. Only 26 kids dead when he should've been able to kill 46...the result of NRA grade inflation?

the largest school murders did not even take place in this century in the USA.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Does it brighten up your day to realize that the amount of school shootings have more than doubled in America since gun free zones went into effect?

it does look like liberals dont like to mention that little fact.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:03 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
AR does not stand for "automatic rifle". It comes from ArmaLite Rifle, which was originally developed as a lightweight semiautomatic survival rifle for the military in the late 1950s.

ArmaLite sold the design to Colt in 1962, who further developed it into the select fire (including full auto) M-16 for the military use. It came to be the standard US military battle rifle in the mid-'60s, supplanting the M-14.

The semiauto version - the AR-15 - was for the civilian & law enforcement market, and is not a battle rifle, nor is it an "assault rifle".

ArmaLite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Damn, I jacked that up huh......

Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You're trying to compare legislation that rightfully makes it illegal to inflict harm on other with legislation that prohibits what items you can carry in a public place? Don't hurt yourself stretching like that.
No, I'm using your logic that having a legislation doesn't accomplish anything. And if it doesn't, we shouldn't have it.

Quote:
Plain and simple: There is a higher annual average of school shootings now, after the Gun Free Zone law went into effect, than before the GFZ went into effect. School shootings have more than doubled since the GFZ was passed.
The question was: Do you blame gun free zone law for encouraging suicidal maniacs to gun down kids?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, I'm using your logic that having a legislation doesn't accomplish anything. And if it doesn't, we shouldn't have it.

The question was: Do you blame gun free zone law for encouraging suicidal maniacs to gun down kids?

no, I blame the murderers. but I blame the gun free zones for making it easier for murderers to do their murder sprees. if they did not exist, then some of these crimes might not have even happened.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,304 times
You forgot to mention his voter registration. He was a registered Democrat...

Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Crazy about guns and ammo? She sure did a bad job of collecting.
That wasn't her collection. it was the kids collection she probably bought for him to make him feel better. Only a small part of that collection can be considered not for a child.

I bet she was a sicko PC that refused to tell her child NO, and the child went off his meds and rampaged..

Happens all the time.... I bet Adam torchered pets to start with too.. pretty typical if this type killer. They have no power and no control and once they get off their meds they go ape.

This is the type that killed my in laws....PC coddled pet on meds.. Got of the meds and went nuts. of course everyone knew he had torchered pets.

98% of that crap was crap. Grabbers can't tell crap from high quality stuff though...

With ease in 20 minutes i could cob up a hunk of foam and a plastic pipe and scare all the grabbers pants off.

Not one would be able to tell is was a cob job....

You can take any real gun and change the parts and do the same thing.

Really the grabbers should have no say since they have no clue what it is they are even talking about. Wouldn't know a bullet from a tube of lipstick.... serious.

Let them make all the paper tiger law they like... So what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies