Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If the safe is closed and locked how do you get to the number?

That kid was not stupid. He probably just looked over her shoulder or found where she had written the numbers so she would not get locked out.
Why does anyone think Adam wasn't given access to the guns? He was mom's shooting buddy.

I'm sure those weren't Nancy's samurai swords either but she probably bought them for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I keep over 20,000 rounds of various calibers in a safe like this.
this is normal in Texas, we go big, cause we are home
You store 20,000 rds of ammo in that? bad move man...... if you insist at least drill a few 2 inch holes in the back in rows to let out pressure. A locked metal cabinet will be just like a bomb if the house should ever catch fire.

That lock box with hold some psi before it rips open .... Ammo should only be stored in small metal tight boxes if you store any in metal...

Lightly screwed or nailed boxes work best, and then maybe stored in a lightly made shed, with maybe a hard door.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why does anyone think Adam wasn't given access to the guns? He was mom's shooting buddy.
He may have been. The point is that we don't know that, and it has been assumed, especialy by the news outlets, that she made the guns available to him.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, and all of that was necessary to protect his home from intruders ... is what the NRA would like us to believe.

It is called the Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs. I could say the same about anyones "Star Wars" figurine collection.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
The idea that having a arsenal is a freedom I just don't get. It isn't a freedom most countries recognize. The supreme court's claim that the 2nd amendment gives it to you is dubious, at best. It isn't deontological (i.e. Bible/Koran/etc don't say that its a human right to own weapons).

If you have a right to own an arsnel, than damn it. . .I have an equal right to 100 gigabit internet to my house. I mean seriously.. .
Sigh....

First of all, we are not most countries.

Secondly, the Supreme Court didn't "claim" anything. They upheld a constitutional right.

Lastly, the internet is not specifically named as a constitutional right. Gun ownership is. And it shall not be infringed.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Thank you. And we still don't know how he got access to the gun safe.
It is exceptionally easy to get into most "gun safes" that people own. Real gun safes are thousands of dollars and weigh thousands of pounds. Most safes people own are meant to keep smash and grab criminals out.
It took them like 40 seconds to get into this safe

Security on Sale Gun safe Prying video - YouTube

Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
No one got this error yet. I am surprised. There is no such thing as a Enfield Albian bolt-action .323 rifle period.

I think it was to meant a British Enfield .303 but in the haste of getting all the plastic bags empty cases, card board boxes, trashy junk quasi blades the weiner who wrote this screwed up AGAIN..... Which is typical of rabid crotch err,uh ahhhhh gun grabbers anyway.

There are 6 guns if you count the WW-2 vintage .303 if it exists.... and also count the .22 rifle. I am not going to count empty boxes, plastic bags, spent cases, toy swords, tooth paste paper cups, plastic forks, and dirty underwear.

Oh Wait! I am going to count dirty underwear, but so far no grabber dweeb has counted any. Dirty underwear is a Bio Weapon ..... Right?

Geeeze, err no WAIT ALL the PC people have DIRTY UNDWEAR WMD"S OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

We'er ALL gonna DIE!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If the safe is closed and locked how do you get to the number?

That kid was not stupid. He probably just looked over her shoulder or found where she had written the numbers so she would not get locked out.

look over moms shoulder and get the number sometime. it isnt like he did not have enough time to get the number.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you are saying a gun safe with 1,400 rounds is light. Good God, your safe must take up half your house.
I don't know why people who are ignorant about guns and ammo make such stupid statements.

If you don't know the subject stay away.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you are saying a gun safe with 1,400 rounds is light. Good God, your safe must take up half your house.

not light as in weight, light as in not enough ammo. I have any times that number of cartridges in my home, and I still think I am just a little bit light on ammo.
I rarely keep any ammo inside my safe, it is stored in my home, but not with the firearms in my safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies