Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 01:17 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Jackson Jr is heading off the jail as we speak, I believe. Sharpton has been sent to jail (90 days). I also don't consider race baiters role models. Maybe to blacks that see everything through racist eyes, but most people think Sharpton and his ilk are scum.
If sharpton is scum so are most CEOs and most politicians. You can cut the crap with me, we know how politicians work they want votes and give a crap about the rest. That's both parties, you're just a number at the end of the day.

You know I'm not that foolish and dumb. Fact remains for every gangster you label to as a attempt to denounce democrats and blacks they're are blacks using those same democratic incentives to better themselves and get a education. I'm surrounded by black women with degrees at work and some black men, these are facts I don't need to argue with racist to know this.

Under republicans that number is smaller because they'll take away a lot of those perks. You also know this.

All this black bashing isn't changing anyone's mind, you're just quicker to getting arthritis if you keep it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
So you are still defending the democrat's racist quotes.
i am not defending defending any of the quotes are racist. Im saying that all of the quotes listed are not racist ,and im attacking the premise of the quote i responded to, which claimed african Americans should not vote for Democrats based on those quotes.

I then asked if the person posing it believe that Republicans did not do the same.

lets step back for a second, Do you honeslty not understand what im saying, or are you just trolling ?

i mean, i make a lot of grammatical mistakes and some of my comments are a little hard to read, but im not saying anything that alludes to how you are responding to me.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
MLK never used his race as a crutch. Dems do.
Really ? im a Democrat, i dont use it as a crutch. killed your theory in 2 seconds flat.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
absolutly not. It is perfectly reasonable to give opinion and to criticize. Conservatives as a general rule get more than their share of it....

I read the article. It had nice stuff like "fox driven populairty" and other stupid liberal diatribe that lead me to "hey Ben SHUT UP".

It is one thing to look at what someone says and take issue with it. It is another to simply disqualify someone out of hand.

Ben doesnt just get a criticism of his beliefs. he gets the "you need to shut up" stuff. Liberals cannot risk a Black man being successful and having conserviatives like him. They have to shut him up. they have to disqualify him.

This is what happens to nonwhiteman conservatives. they are brutally attacked because liberals cant have folks seeing a minority being loved and respected by conservatives. It blows their carefully crafted image.
That probably has something to do with you thinking that any criticism coming from the left must mean they are telling the right to shut up.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
How can Ben be so dumb? Doesn't he know what has happened to every conservative black politician who made the "keep me on the plantation "statement. He just called all black Democrats ignorant slaves. How do Republicans expect him to recruit minorities now? Time to throw him in the dust bin with Herman Cain, Allen Keyes, Micheal Steele, and all the rest.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
IMO... Ben Carson seems fairly full of self-entitlement.

Black conservatism seems so unappetizing - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course, if statements like those made against Carson were also made against Obama, you would be leading the chorus of those screaming "Racism".

Typical liberal hypocrisy.
Not I. I tend to look at substance of what the person is saying before looking at the color of their skin.

Which is why I consider anything someone says against gay marriage to be a crock of bull and ignorant whining.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh...ok. That's the case in every field.

Either you can do the job or you can't. That's not exclusive to physicians.
There are jobs where folks can fake it.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
I see Dr. Carson as an educated, conscientious person. He gives thought to what he says. I don't care what color he is. I happen to agree with a lot of his views.

Instead of taking a line or two of what he said, people should listen to the messages he gives. Isn't that what the left always says about Obama?

Dr. Carson simply makes sense when he speaks. He did not come from a priveleged background. He knows what it's like to work for what you want. I have a lot of respect for people that do this.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I see Dr. Carson as an educated, conscientious person. He gives thought to what he says. I don't care what color he is. I happen to agree with a lot of his views.

Instead of taking a line or two of what he said, people should listen to the messages he gives. Isn't that what the left always says about Obama?

Dr. Carson simply makes sense when he speaks. He did not come from a priveleged background. He knows what it's like to work for what you want. I have a lot of respect for people that do this.
Comparing gay marriage to bestiality and pedophilia - really does not make sense. When Mr. Carson chooses to use inflammatory language - he really shouldn't be surprised that a lot of people will be instantly turned off. He really doesn't seem to make that connection at all.

I am guessing that his skills as a neurosurgeon are far greater than his skills as an orator or politician.

It really has nothing to do with the color of his skin and everything to do with his beliefs (which I do not share) and what he says.

Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies