Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The entire bible had been cut, chopped, edited, translated, re translated, re edited etc BY RULERS.
They use religion to subdue the masses.

So excuse me, but I refuse to live my life based on a book that has caused more suffering in this world than any other.

I think that Jesus approves of any person who loves, and cares for other people. I don't think that he would be as approving of the high and mighty "christians" who use him to demonize other humans.
Oh, Jesus does approve of people who love and care for other people.We agree on that.. It is the sexual act between two same sex people Jesus does not approve of.. a man can love a man, a woman can love a woman, but when they cross the line into a sexual relationship that is wrong according to God. Don't compare love with a sexual act.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM

977 posts, read 764,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just wondering.
Of course. Why not?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Who cares? We don't live in a theocracy, so public policy is formed from a secular viewpoint.

By the way, the next time you eat pork or shellfish remember that Jesus wouldn't eat what you are eating.
Are you saying that many of our laws do not come from the Ten Commandments?

Jesus never called any food unclean. Look up Peter's vision.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The entire bible had been cut, chopped, edited, translated, re translated, re edited etc BY RULERS.
They use religion to subdue the masses.

So excuse me, but I refuse to live my life based on a book that has caused more suffering in this world than any other.

I think that Jesus approves of any person who loves, and cares for other people. I don't think that he would be as approving of the high and mighty "christians" who use him to demonize other humans.
Dead sea scrolls say it is the same over the centuries. It has not been diced , edited to mean anything different.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I said yes, He would. Yes. From my post #154:

He allowerd Peter with his temper and anger follow Him.
He let Thomas, with all of his doubts follow Him.
He loved Judas, who betrayed Him.

None of His followers were perfect, they were all human.
We already talked about Judas, and as for the others, they had obeyed His command "sin no more" and abandoned willful and habitually sinful lifestyles. None of them (except Judas) were habitual sinners, and Judas was what he was because his was meant to betray Jesus.

Quote:
And where did I get angry with you? Where did that come from? If you follow any of my posts on C-D, you pretty much know I don't care if I offend anyone. I speak my mind (or what's left of it).
Not you. My comment was in reference to those who always play the "offended" card.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM

945 posts, read 968,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
And it is a sin to judge people, but we tend to forget that.

You aren't judging when God/Jesus already expressly judged those actions and told you they were sinful. All sins would be nullified by your logic and the biblical system wouldn't have gained traction.

I've talked about this with some of the most religious people I know (I am agnostic) and the unofficial consensus I have heard is..

1.) If you repent, halt homosexuality and recognize the err of your ways you would be accepted.

2.) If you don't not expressly follow #1, you are unacceptable.

Whether it upsets you or not, that is the way the game is played.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Dead sea scrolls say it is the same over the centuries. It has not been diced , edited to mean anything different.
It was an amazing discovery when the scientists found that the ancient books and the modern ones were practically word-for-word identical.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM

981 posts, read 1,621,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Are you saying that many of our laws do not come from the Ten Commandments?

Jesus never called any food unclean. Look up Peter's vision.
How is that in any way relevant? Many of the laws that we have are also found across the world in places without Judeo-Christian roots. Regardless, US law is not Christian law. US law is secular and should remain as such. I am an atheist, but that does not mean that I cannot recognize that our history is deeply influenced by Christianity. That does not mean it should be given any authority in legal matters, though.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A lot of people are referencing the Bible rather than the teachings of Christ. Keep in mind that Christ did not go by the nonsense in the Bible.
Jesue quoted the old testament many times .YOu are wrong.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
How is that in any way relevant? Many of the laws that we have are also found across the world in places without Judeo-Christian roots. Regardless, US law is not Christian law. US law is secular and should remain as such.
Try to keep up. Laws have an origin. I made my claim as a response on the subject someone else brought up. You don't like my answer? Fine. But it is relevant like it or not. And laws around the world came from somewhere also. Figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies