Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times

Advertisements

Biblical Contradictions in Chart Form. | Misplaced Grace

Anybody who lives their life based on a story with so many errors (and then claim it's the infallible word of God) are delusional at best.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Would Jesus have allowed practicing homosexuals to follow him?
No. He'd want them walking in front.

[where can keep an eye on 'em]

Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How did they do that? there are hundreds of thousands of pieces that are no bigger than a fingernail.
There are books that are not in the modern bible.

Do you honestly think they just unrolled the scrolls and read word for word the whole modern bible?
Do i honestly think something you inserted in my mouth is true.....? No, it took years of scientific research.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
The disciples were not perfect men, two of them betrayed Jesus ,and He knew that from the get go.
Jesus laid out many contingencies for approval IF you actually read His gospel.
First word was repent.
People do and teach things that suit them selves, especially when they believe they are not being supervised.
Jesus both taught an demonstrated God's complete awareness of man, inside and out .
If you take the time to read the things Jesus taught, you would know this.
It is why lies are so offencive to God .
The sin that is The problem is one's Govern.
The self governed do not even look to God for instruction, but use excuses and twist scriptures to fit their own agenda.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit, to both teach and guide the borne again believer, in God's will, thus eliminating the middle man (priest/scripture) frailties.
A man that honestly loves God ,is not going to be looking for excuses to continue in something God did not intend for man, nor in things that abuse them self or another person.
If you want to find the things that will please God , start with repenting for rebellion and need His forgiveness ,ask Jesus to come into your life .
You don't even have to go to church , but when you learn to know His voice in your life a great many more things will be available to you as you learn to obey Him.
Take responsibility for your actions now, knowing you will give account to God for it all .
I have peace in my life ,because I choose to Obey Him.
I have His intervention in my life , because I choose to obey Him.
I have His instruction for my life , because I choose to obey Him.
Not because I am so great, I am insignificant , but God is so great, His attention is worth it .

Old 04-05-2013, 03:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do i honestly think something you inserted in my mouth is true.....? No, it took years of scientific research.
There is only 1 book from the dead sea scrolls that is 100% complete Isaiah.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
You are free to live your life according to how you wish. Don't use the government to force others to believe as you do - which is exactly what homosexual marriage proponents are doing.
Marriage is a secular institution and is thus under the power of the government. Same-sex marriage being legal does not force you to have one, thus your rights are not violated and you have no say in the matter. Deal with it.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't get what I'm saying here.

His omniscience means that he can judge me BEFORE I'm born since he not only created me, but knows what I'm gonna do long before I ever do it. That means that I have no free will to change it.

His omniscience deems the concept of "free will" to be complete nonsense.

Omnipotence and omniscience are mutually exclusive in this case. It means that he can't change things that only he knows will happen.

I'm sorry, but Christianity simply isn't logical unless one suspends all common sense.
Of course you have free will to live your life. you are no robot..

Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Marriage is a secular institution and is thus under the power of the government. Same-sex marriage being legal does not force you to have one, thus your rights are not violated and you have no say in the matter. Deal with it.
Many secular non believers do not believe that homosexuals should be able to marry.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many secular non believers do not believe that homosexuals should be able to marry.
And many christians believed that blacks and whites shouldn't marry.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But God created Satan. So if he loves us like you say he does, why doesn't he destroy Satan and end all of our sins...thereby making the world safe?
That is his plan. Read the ending. Satan is going into the bottomless pit..and many people here will follow him ,just as one third of the angels followed satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies