Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is no Fall of Angels in the Hebrew Bible. And what makes you think you're not going there?
Because I follow Jesus and repented. Anyone can if they choose to.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is not Christianity it is Paulism. To submit to a governing authority that is corrupt is utter non-sense. The authority was not put in place by God but by man. Paul was very ambitious and desperately wanted a pat on the head by Roman authorities. Christ and Paul are two different entities.
All I'm saying is that conservative Christians take the whole Bible as its guide for Christian teaching. And Paul's letters have been treated (by Christians) as equal to the gospels for centuries. So whenever someone points out that "America was founded upon Christian principles", I always like to bring up this one just to point out how ridiculous it sounds.

And don't get me started on slavery. That, also, is not a Christian principle.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:06 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just wondering.
Hard to say, since the Scriptures never mention gay people. We do know from the Scriptures that His best friend was Mary Magdalene, a former prostitute who was the first witness to the Resurrection.

Since the focus of His ministry was "Love Thy Neighbor", I doubt that there would have been a problem.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And Jesus did add .. go and sin no more..
very true, but reread my entire post and you will note that i mentioned that jesus would have told gays that their lifestyle was wrong.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
All I'm saying is that conservative Christians take the whole Bible as its guide for Christian teaching. And Paul's letters have been treated (by Christians) as equal to the gospels for centuries. So whenever someone points out that "America was founded upon Christian principles", I always like to bring up this one just to point out how ridiculous it sounds.

And don't get me started on slavery. That, also, is not a Christian principle.
Slavery centuries past was a way to exist. Jews who were very poor would sell THEMSELVES into slavery just to exist.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
very true, but reread my entire post and you will note that i mentioned that jesus would have told gays that their lifestyle was wrong.
And no one is stoning gays to death. If a gay person chose to follow Jesus they would have to listen to his message of repentance of sin and enter into the kingdom of God.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:52 PM

209 posts, read 134,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Seeing that homosexuality (a new term) was part of mainstream society and was spoken down upon by Jesus, I don't see why he'd have an issue with it.
Time for some historical facts:

Homosexuality (our modern term) was practiced by the mainstream ROMANS AND GREEKS - not Orthodox Jews. Orthodox Jews did not practice homosexuality - they believed in a sacred marital covenant between a man and a woman. Jesus was an Orthodox Jew.

The Romans had control of the territory at this time. However, Jerusalem was an ancient, international city, so there were Greeks, and other foreigners. The Jews wanted all these groups to leave their HOLY CITY and the territory. These other cultures were considered PAGAN by Orthodox Jews.

Jesus allowed anyone to follow him if they stopped making mistakes in their lives. (Mistake = SIN) Following Jesus meant less focusing on the traps of the material world and striving to become one with the Spiritual world by the development and practice of Spiritual virtues.

Why? Because Jesus was training his followers in leading spiritual lives, which would prepare them to follow Him to Heaven.

See, the Jews weren't just looking for a Messiah to lead them out of bondage on Earth. They were also looking for the Holy One who was going to free their souls from the lower dimensions one went to after death. This Holy One was going to show them the way to enter the highest spiritual dimension after death - Heaven.

So logic would say that a homosexual tendency, or the tendency to engage in unmarried sexual relations, would interfere from the Spiritual Discipline Jesus asked of His followers.

Of course, Jesus' purpose on earth gradually became distorted with the rise of Humanism and The Enlightenment. This history was obscured.

No wonder Jesus' motives are misunderstood and debated today....

Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Hard to say. Jesus wasn't married. And he was always hanging around with the same group of guys.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM

209 posts, read 134,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Hard to say. Jesus wasn't married. And he was always hanging around with the same group of guys.
Good one...

Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
" Would Jesus have allowed practicing homosexuals to follow him?
Just wondering."

Of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies