Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is why abortion needs to be legal up until the 20th trimester.
Wait until you have teenagers, you will want to change that to up until the 20th year.....

/joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Clearly a waiting period before having kids would solve this problem....

Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is why abortion needs to be legal up until the 20th trimester.
This is why women should at least be protected and be taught in school the dangers/down side of pregnancy and abortion. Abortion is just as dangerous for women as the fetus. It's just not that easy to say get an abortion.....but for some on here it is. Seems many have never had to make that choice and find it an easy answer.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I hope her kids had a decent dad who did want them.

This is a good example why it's wrong to give custody primarily to mothers.
Exactly. One of my younger brothers just became a single dad with two early teenage sons. The mother was a bit of a parasite who simply got up and left when she inherited a couple of million. There was not need in her mind for a husband or kids. She had kids in order to tap into a source of income. My brothers maternal instincts are powerful and he loves his sons. People assume that all woman have real maternal instincts but some have none- They abuse their ability to reproduce. This is common...I have seen woman have a child just to land a man who will support them.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I agree with the woman 100%. Years ago it drove me nuts to see new mothers go on maternity leave until about 4-6 weeks after the birth, then rush back to work, giving up probably 1/2 their salary on child care and baby needs.

What's the point?

Women used to have kids because it was expected of them. Once they had them, it's too late.

God knows why women have kids these days. Especially single women.
I worked at a daycare when my kids where little. Mainly because I could take them with me to work for free, my kids got to play and I always knew where they were. Many of those kids saw me more than their own moms, they started calling me mom

I saw one lady's bill I knew she worked 9-5 not including getting twins and one girl ready for daycare and school every day, then all that involved picking them up at the end of the day. Those kids would spend more time at daycare than with their parents......... Not sure how that makes for a happy family.

Plus how does one leave their baby under two in the care of strangers.......

Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Those kids would spend more time at daycare than with their parents......... Not sure how that makes for a happy family.
I didn't use daycare myself (worked nights) but it was tough dealing with an infant at times after a shift.

Little things like not having health insurance (which my job provided) can make for a mighty unhappy family as well.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Or she could just have her tubes tied.... problem solved... but I think it is interesting that people jump to abortion as "the" firstline action...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
My experience was the exact opposite. I felt pressure to not have kids, to go to college and "make something more of myself". Stay at home moms were a special kind of "loser" who couldn't hack it in the real world. When I was 20, 21, I was never going to do that, I was getting an education and experiencing life beyond kids and family.

Fast forward 13 years and my biggest regret, hands down, is going to college. I wish I didn't have those loans and could afford to be a SAH mom. I wish I could have more time to experience my daughter.
I have to ask. What if you were a stay-at-home mom and never went to college? Is it possible you'd regret it and wish you had?

Sometimes we want what we can't have. It sucks to be human sometimes

Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Or she could just have her tubes tied.... problem solved... but I think it is interesting that people jump to abortion as "the" firstline action...
Tubal ligation is an invasive, expensive surgery.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:49 AM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Tubal ligation is an invasive, expensive surgery.
Yep....and a vasectomy is relatively easy-peasy outpatient thing.

I think of all these young athletes out dogging around....they should just freeze their sperm and get this procedure done so they don't have to worry about getting turned into a lottery ticket.

Before anyone jumps all over me, you should know that at NBA mandatory rookie orientation they are taught to flush condoms etc. as there have been a number of pregnancies where semen was harvested from the condom after the guy left...among other ways....like Boris Becker the tennis player found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies