Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times

Advertisements

I have never had one negative thought about anyone who has chosen not to have kids.
It really never crossed my mind to give it a moment's thought.

I am WAY more inclined to think you are a psycho weirdo if you say you don't love dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
nope....because their core is twisted up in selfishness.....shes not sharing, shes taking...the youngsters will pick it up in time.

those types will always use treats and money ideas to win the youngsters favor....because those things have won their favor and its all they know... shiny things.... ( in reference to the style of women explained in the thread.

What the hell are you saying, please enlighten us. The only one who is twisted is people who think those that decide not to have kids, should not be around kids. That is the dumbest, most ingorant thing i have ever ever heard.

It is not that they don't want to be around other children, their friends, their syblings, it is a choice they have made not to want childlren.

I have 2 sister inlaws and a sister who chose not to have children. But they are each the best Aunts any child could ask for. They truly are their for the children, in more ways then most.

Their core is being Selfish to you, because they can admit, they don't want children, and at least unlike women who pop out children like pop tarts, and don't know first hand anything about Mothering, at least they know who they are. I find them unselfish, to not have children and then use them. And i respect that, you know how many children are in the foster care system, do you like that, are you happy with that, it is sad, and selfish, on the part of the Moms, who have children but give them away. I knew some children who grew up in the foster care system, and it was not a pretty site, The one teen ended up killing himself, because of what people put him thru, he was merly 17 yrs old.

Don't give us any crap. Problem in this world now, is all these children being raised without a parent, or parents who give a damn about them. No those who know in their hearts they do not want children, are anything but selfish.

And nope your wrong, because i know Moms who use food to bribe their children, or video games. Is that right, other wise the childrlen do not listen. Don't act so rightous. Having a child, does not make one Mother of the year.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What the hell are you saying, please enlighten us. The only one who is twisted is people who think those that decide not to have kids, should not be around kids. That is the dumbest, most ingorant thing i have ever ever heard.

It is not that they don't want to be around other children, their friends, their syblings, it is a choice they have made not to want childlren.

I have 2 sister inlaws and a sister who chose not to have children. But they are each the best Aunts any child could ask for. They truly are their for the children, in more ways then most.

Their core is being unselfishness, because they can admit, they don't want children, and at least unlike women who pop out children like pop tarts, and don't know first hand anything about Mothering, at least the know who they are. And i respect that, you know how many children are in the foster care system, do you like that, are you happy with that, it is sad, and selfish, on the part of the Moms, who have children but give them away.

Don't give us any crap. Problem in this world now, is all these children being raised without a parent, or parents who give a damn about them. No those who know in their hearts they do not want children, are anything but selfish.

And nope your wrong, because i know Moms who use food to bribe their children, is that right, other wise the childrlen do not listen. Don't act so rightous. Having a child, does not make one Mother of the year.
Thats why I enclosed in my comment , in reference to women explained in the OP and accommodating news article....to avoid untrue assumptions in the idea.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you truly believe this, "deranged" is a word that would best describe...you.

BTW...Where did you get this "don't want children in their life at all" stuff?
I donno what your talking about. I was commenting on the article and some posts entered in the thread, this was mentioned in the entry.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
nope....because their core is twisted up in selfishness.....shes not sharing, shes taking...the youngsters will pick it up in time.

those types will always use treats and money ideas to win the youngsters favor....because those things have won their favor and its all they know... shiny things.... ( in reference to the style of women explained in the thread.
You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Long before I was a mother ~ I was a fabulous aunt to my young nephew. I loved to take him places, to the pool, to the park . . . he loved going with me and I gave his mother a much-needed break. It gave me a chance to spend time caring for a young child; before I was ready to have a child of my own. At the time, I had no idea if I would have kids or not. We are still close today.

Your reasoning . . . . well, never mind.

Last edited by Ringo1; 04-13-2013 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-13-2013, 08:02 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I have to ask. What if you were a stay-at-home mom and never went to college? Is it possible you'd regret it and wish you had?

Sometimes we want what we can't have. It sucks to be human sometimes
You can always go to college later but once your children are grown you can't redo your choices with them.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 AM

There are advantages to a kid having a SAHP who went to college/have had higher education.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You can always go to college later but once your children are grown you can't redo your choices with them.
Yes, there is nothing saying that someone has to have college finished by age 22 -- in fact it's rather rare today for someone to have 4 years of college by age 22. Nothing keeps someone from taking classes at later ages.

In fact it can actually be better for those women who want to be stay at home mothers to delay college until it's closer to the time they intend to use their degrees. If they get a degree by age 22, then marry and have children and choose to stay home to raise them and then try to use their degree 20 years later, they'll find it's become obsolete.

If they start taking classes and get their degree right before they intend to use it, it will be current and they'll have a better chance to use it.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 AM

My mom was a SAHP pretty much our entire childhood (though she did a lot of stuff outside the house), but many of my friends' mothers went back to work once they got into high school or college. One was a vice prez at a big tech company, one was a physician, etc.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The woman who wrote the essay didn't have an unplanned pregnancy. She decided to have kids with her husband because he really wanted them, even though she didn't.
The very worst reason to have children -- to try to hang onto a man. She married someone she had nothing in common with just so she'd have a man, too bad for the sakes of both, she didn't see how wrong that was, he could have gone his way and she could have gone her own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies