Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The good guy is probably a dope dealer.
Keep telling yourself that if it soothes your emotions. Because there's nothing in the story that would indicate that's the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
...I never said that? What I said is that murdering someone in cold blood or murdering someone in self-defense is still that: murder.

Objective statement, dude. Learn some reading comprehension. Make all the incorrect assumptions you want, but your misconceptions are making you out to be an ass.
Problem your having here, is that you expect folks to put a different meaning on a word that denotes a crime. Different terminology is used to describe self defense. Saying "murder" , intbe context of a killing in self defense, implies a crime. So folks are getting their hackles up. Don't much give a care , myself. I know the difference, and just kinda yawn at your use of specific vebage. It is rather inflammatory and accusitive, however. Seems like just pushing folks buttons, on cursory examination.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Wouldn't that make things worse? A typical road rage incident or work place disagreement, could get a whole lot worse.
I have pointed out on any number of occasions, that if you really believe this, then look at Kennesaw Georgia. They passed a law years ago, requiring head of household to be armed.

Violent crime rates are some of the lowest in the nation, even though I believe they are considered a suburb of Atlanta. Ranked one of the best 10 places to live, population increase made it one of the fastest growing communities. 25 years murder free.

When Kennesaw passed that law, it was proclaimed they were "Gun Town USA", that there would be gunfights in the street, etc etc.

The 2 items you worry about did not get a whole lot worse.

Just something to consider. If you think I am incorrect, do a little research, and tell me if you conclude anything different.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Look I'm glad that the person who was being robbed is fine and all that, but you're celebrating the loss of human life. Where's the moral purity in that? How is that justified?

I don't get it. Maybe I just have higher and better morals than you. Oh well, looks like my service this country is getting spat on by people who celebrate death.

Wonderful.
You couldn't be more wrong. On this issue I'm Celebrating Pro-Choice. Those scum bags CHOOSE to try and rob someone who was ready to defend themselves with deadly force. Those scumbags are reaping the rewards of their choice.

That is all, carry on with your dirge.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,358 times
I am OUTRAGED that these criminals ignored the law. Who do they think they are?

We need more guns laws STAT!!!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM

945 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Wouldn't that make things worse? A typical road rage incident or work place disagreement, could get a whole lot worse.
Yeah, last time I didn't get the budget I wanted I pulled out the Colt Python for the deal-breaker.

Ring the bell, we got a dumb-dumb.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,640 times
Has Jesse or Al showed up on the TV yet?

Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Do you have the courage to come and put one of those signs in my yard...unarmed?
Yes

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You're pro life only when it suits you.

Got it.

Just saying, regardless of the justification of the murder or murder-in-self-defense it's still that - murder.

And you're celebrating it.

You call yourself American?
Sorry, Murder in self defense? That doesn't meet the smell test. If I defend myself, and the other person dies, it's not murder. Murder requires malice and aforethought.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Look I'm glad that the person who was being robbed is fine and all that, but you're celebrating the loss of human life. Where's the moral purity in that? How is that justified?

I don't get it. Maybe I just have higher and better morals than you. Oh well, looks like my service this country is getting spat on by people who celebrate death.

Wonderful.
I don't know anything about your service record. I , certainly, am not spitting on it, regardless, and I don't celebrate death. I am not mourning over those who are killed attempting violent crime, either. That's just an emotional safety valve. That would be too much death to mourn. So, I tend to ...compartmentalize ...as it were. Since it seems a safe bet, you have known combat, and looked down the sights at another human being, you probably know what I mean.

It is easy forfolks to apply the "good riddance" mentallity, in casez where bipreds get put down, while trying to prey on inno ent people. Used to be in that zone, pretty deep. Still am, to a point. But, I tend to clam up a bit, now, wben looking at other peoples situations than my own.

When my lady defended herself against her, would be assailant, it was NOT pretty, or a reason to celebrate. I just thank God she lived, anx he was unable to complete his intended crime. Nevertheless, it left its mark on her. He will never try that again, with her or any other woman. Going through the aftermath with her, makes me satisfied, with that fact. But I sure don't express thos feelings with her. If it gets broughg up, in any way, I let her field the subject. Which she will do, just out of nowhere, zero to redline in zero flat. One minute, we are havinv supper or a beer, next, storm of the century.

Can't, exactly, bring myself to celebrate anything about it. But, neither would I haveto desired things to have gone much differently. The other options, in her case, were not viable.

Can't say as I am experiencing regret, or emapthy, for her attacker. He jumped the wrong girl. Anx he will be reminded of that for the rest of his, miserable, life. And I am not going to waste a moment, dwelling on him. I prefer to put my energy into my baby, and let her wash out her thoughts on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies