Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
She well should have been fired. It's good to know that a gov't agency can still actually fire people for some things. If she had been caught stealing stuff from her office, or refusing to dispatch cops for conservative crime victims, she would have been placed on paid administrative leave.
Or rewarded by the IRS.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Americans are quickly becoming idiots.

Between twitter, Facebook and various blogs our hatred for each other is growing by leaps and bounds.

I feel that Americans have become idiots way before Facebook, Twitter, You Tube vidios and other well known blogs.

It is just that since Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other blog sites, putting yourself out there for the whole world to see, makes you more of a idiot.

Only going to get worse, sad but true.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:22 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Internet is a virtual word and our behaviors there do not necessarily reflect our true ego (sometimes yes sometimes no).
Often times people are just acting.

It is invalid to judge a person solely from what they write on a blog.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Internet is a virtual word and our behaviors there do not necessarily reflect our true ego (sometimes yes sometimes no).
Often times people are just acting.

It is invalid to judge a person solely from what they write on a blog.
When you put your real name to it then it becomes bigger than "make believe".

Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
She was fired for this?-

upload photos

Lol that's pretty funny but how is it racist?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Let me see if I understand this properly.

If I own a business, and I create a policy that dictates in order for you to keep your job, you must not engage in lesbian or homosexual activity, otherwise you can and will be fired.

Would THAT be an acceptable policy? Would people NOT be screaming how it is completely insane and "unfair"? So why is something that is a natural right, a GOD given right... the right of free will thought and free will speech (opinions), not held up higher than the supposed right to have sex with anything or everything you want, morals be damned?

This is BULLS H!T political correctness. It is NOT based upon anything that makes sense other than because YOU have been programmed by the political correctness NAZIs into believing that certain OPINIONS and THOUGHTS are wrong. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Having and/or expressing opinion, is NOT the same as acting on an opinion. When you commit an act of harm (i.e. physical assault) upon another, THAT is harm. When you have or voice an opinion that is racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist, or in any other way hateful, you have committed no harm. You have a GOD given right to those thoughts and opinions.

Natural law vs man-made law. In order to respect liberty, and demand that your liberty be respected, one must first understand the meaning of and differences between natural law vs man-made law.

I've said enough on the subject. Maybe my comments will make some think. But I probably won't change anyone's mind because the political correctness police have done a very good job at inculcating everyone.

...in real liberty, people are Free To Choose...
Are you free?

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-06-2013 at 11:49 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 11:43 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What I don't understand is why everyone wants to dictate what another person may say or think. Why isn't a person allowed to voice an opinion. The report never said she posted her racism during work hours, so she was fired for violating political correctness. She was in essence fired for having and voicing an opinion that others not only didn't like, but demanded the right to silence.

Makes me wonder which is worse.
First generally speaking, I don't think racists should necessarily be fired for posting racist stuff on social media, but she had a job that dealt with public safety, that dealt with all kinds of people, and if she has a clear racial prejudice towards some of those people, then she may not perform her job, which is too get police officers out to places were crimes are taking place or have taken place.

Also, her freedom of speech was not silenced. She has every right to think and say what she expressed, but she has to deal with the consequences of that expression. This is the only way to go.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
Let me see if I understand this properly.

If I own a business, and I create a policy that dictates in order for you to keep your job, you must not engage in lesbian or homosexual activity, otherwise you can and will be fired.

Would THAT be an acceptable policy? Would people NOT be screaming how it is completely insane and "unfair"? So why is something that is a natural right, a GOD given right... the right of free will thought and free will speech (opinions), not held up higher than the supposed right to have sex with anything or everything you want, morals be damned?

This is BULLS H!T political correctness. It is NOT based upon anything that makes sense other than because YOU have been programmed by the political correctness NAZIs into believing that certain OPINIONS and THOUGHTS are wrong. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Having and/or expressing opinion, is NOT the same as acting on an opinion. When you commit an act of harm (i.e. physical assault) upon another, THAT is harm. When you have or voice an opinion that is racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist, or in any other way hateful, you have committed no harm. You have a GOD given right to those thoughts and opinions.

Natural law vs man-made law. In order to respect liberty, and demand that your liberty be respected, one must first understand the meaning of and differences between natural law vs man-made law.

I've said enough on the subject. Maybe my comments will make some think. But I probably won't change anyone's mind because the political correctness police have done a very good job at inculcating everyone.

...in real liberty, people are Free To Choose...
Are you free?
Then in real liberty, employers are free to choose to keep or fire anyone for any reason they see fit. So you want your "freedom" for the employee, but not for the person of the business.

So you want to take one persons right to chose away from them?

Old 06-06-2013, 12:15 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Then in real liberty, employers are free to choose to keep or fire anyone for any reason they see fit. So you want your "freedom" for the employee, but not for the person of the business.

So you want to take one persons right to chose away from them?

Oh no, no. That is NOT what I said, and is NOT what I have been saying all this time. Some equate the policy as adequate reason to fire, even though the policy is extended into a person's own time, their own life, their own choices. But if that policy discriminated (that is what the social media policy does is discriminates against opinions that are not in line with the employers) against someone because of their sexual orientation, their religion, maybe because they got pregnant, whether or not they participate in political events and rallies, or even just their race... EVERYONE would be up in arms, DEMANDING that employer be strung up because most of these are PROTECTED classes and concepts. But natural law concepts, the ones that are GOD given, are NOT afforded the same protections because YOU demand to be able to impose YOUR opinions and thoughts upon others.

That is what this comes down to. You think other people should only express opinions that are in line with YOUR opinions, even on their own time. Anything less, well then let's fire and roast the racist cracker white b! tch.

Employers should be able to have expectations of their employees WHILE at work and WHILE representing the company. But they clearly should not be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees natural rights, no less than they should be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees "protected class" rights.

I think I made myself perfectly clear, and I honestly believe you are intentionally being obtuse. But in order to assist you, knowing that you are obviously a slow reader, I typed this real s l o w so even you should be able to understand.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-06-2013 at 12:41 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
Oh no, no. That is NOT what I said, and is NOT what I have been saying all this time. Some equate the policy as adequate reason to fire, even though the policy is extended into a person's own time, their own life, their own choices. But if that policy discriminated (that is what the social media policy does is discriminates against opinions that are not in line with the employers) against someone because of their sexual orientation, their religion, maybe because they got pregnant, whether or not they participate in political events and rallies, or even just their race... EVERYONE would be up in arms, DEMANDING that employer be strung up because most of these are PROTECTED classes and concepts. But natural law concepts, the ones that are GOD given, are NOT afforded the same protections because YOU demand to be able to impose YOUR opinions and thoughts upon others.

That is what this comes down to. You think other people should only express opinions that are in line with YOUR opinions, even on their own time. Anything less, well the let's fire and roast the racist cracker white b! tch.

Employers should be able to have expectations of their employees WHILE at work and WHILE representing the company. But they clearly should not be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees natural rights, no less than they should be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees "protected class" rights.

I think I made myself perfectly clear, and I honestly believe you are intentionally being obtuse. But in order to assist you, knowing that you are obviously a slow reader, I typed this real s l o w so even you should be able to understand.
If you don't want to adhere to your employers' policies you can always start your own business. That's the bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies