Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Oh no, no. That is NOT what I said, and is NOT what I have been saying all this time. Some equate the policy as adequate reason to fire, even though the policy is extended into a person's own time, their own life, their own choices. But if that policy discriminated (that is what the social media policy does is discriminates against opinions that are not in line with the employers) against someone because of their sexual orientation, their religion, maybe because they got pregnant, whether or not they participate in political events and rallies, or even just their race... EVERYONE would be up in arms, DEMANDING that employer be strung up because most of these are PROTECTED classes and concepts. But natural law concepts, the ones that are GOD given, are NOT afforded the same protections because YOU demand to be able to impose YOUR opinions and thoughts upon others.

That is what this comes down to. You think other people should only express opinions that are in line with YOUR opinions, even on their own time. Anything less, well the let's fire and roast the racist cracker white b! tch.

Employers should be able to have expectations of their employees WHILE at work and WHILE representing the company. But they clearly should not be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees natural rights, no less than they should be able to violate, impose upon or deny an employees "protected class" rights.

I think I made myself perfectly clear, and I honestly believe you are intentionally being obtuse. But in order to assist you, knowing that you are obviously a slow reader, I typed this real s l o w so even you should be able to understand.
Talk about being obtuse. I guess you will never understand, and probably best to not try.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Americans are quickly becoming idiots.

Between twitter, Facebook and various blogs our hatred for each other is growing by leaps and bounds.
Let`s not forget about talk radio.Some serious nastiness to be heard there.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Oh yes indeed. I heard one talk show that was so far right that the host wouldn't even entertain questions or debate about the issue. Actually hung up on callers and then told the audience the caller was wrong.
I heard about 10 minutes of it and then continued looking for some music. That was just so wrong.

The propaganda and brainwashing done by these extreme people with access to the public is far and wide and is happening on both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Damn right, with people like Norman Goldman and Ed Schultz on the radio, there is nothing but hatred there.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
If you don't want to adhere to your employers' policies you can always start your own business. That's the bottom line.

So it's ok to you for an employer to discriminate against certain things like natural rights, but you would want to fine and jail that same employer for discriminating against "protected classes".

I know statism when I see it. I know fascism when I see it.

Natural law vs man-made law. Natural rights vs man-made rights. One concept is universal in that it is GOD given, and cannot be taken away. Yet YOU want to be able to take it away.

You don't even recognize the possibly that you could have been inculcated, do you?

Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
So it's ok to you for an employer to discriminate against certain things like natural rights, but you would want to fine and jail that same employer for discriminating against "protected classes".

Natural law vs man-made law. Natural rights vs man-made rights. One concept is universal in that it is GOD given, and cannot be taken away. Yet YOU want to be able to take it away.

You don't even recognize the possibly that you could have been inculcated, do you?
God given? I would take issue with that part since there is no god.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:

To be honest, you sound like a racist who is pissed that one his brethren got the ax because of her 'views'.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
I read it the first time. Tell me... Why do YOU have ANY right whatsoever, to dictate what I may or may not say either in a political march, or online etc. if that communication is not a violation of the law i.e. a threat?
None. She is perfectly entitled to be an idiot on Facebook. She is not entitled, however, to hold a position serving the public if she can't at the very least contain her ill-will against a large part of that same public.

You have every right to go to the media and claim that your boss is an idiot with the intellect of a deranged dachshund. He has every right to not sign a paycheck for you the day after.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They should screen applicants before things like this happen.
she seems like an idiot, but I don't know if you can specifically screen someone for racism. most people would have sense enough to lie about their beliefs if asked directly.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:04 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The City of Dallas has a social media policy that she agreed to follow when she took the job.

She has nobody but herself to blame.
wow. this chick really was as dumb as she thinks we (black people) are. lol. she knew they could look at her fb at anytime and still posted this crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.