Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I have a question for you, and I want an answer from you. I have looked at what you have just said. Do you really believe that all Black people are animals? I have to ask that question in light of what you have just said. You say "telling the truth is a revolutionary act". I have to assume you were referring to the comment on that woman's facebook status. It was your first post.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Americans are quickly becoming idiots.

Between twitter, Facebook and various blogs our hatred for each other is growing by leaps and bounds.
I don't think we have become "idiots". I think the idiots were already in existence long before. The difference between today and back then is the internet. The internet, facebook, twitter, world star hip hop, youtube, and any other media have merely reflected the stupidity that exists in this world, and then puts it back in the world. The racist tweets right after the election, well, that merely reflects how many were feeling anyway.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have a question for you, and I want an answer from you. I have looked at what you have just said. Do you really believe that all Black people are animals? I have to ask that question in light of what you have just said. You say "telling the truth is a revolutionary act". I have to assume you were referring to the comment on that woman's facebook status. It was your first post.
...and I have a question for you. What difference would it make if Kreutz DID think that? How are you harmed by their opinion or by them saying it? Is speech only protected when you are doing it in a group, marching on a capitol somewhere?

I understand you don't like it. But really... so what? You aren't being harmed just because it is their belief or because they voiced that belief. Yet you will do whatever you can, put whatever kind of pressure you can, maybe even get someone fired from their job because they don't hold the same opinions or values as you?

Which of the two is an action and which is a voiced opinion? Which of the two can cause harm, the action or the voiced opinion? So which is OPPRESSIVE?

Are you free when you cannot even express an opinion?
Are you free?

Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
...and I have a question for you. What difference would it make if Kreutz DID think that? How are you harmed by their opinion or by them saying it? Is speech only protected when you are doing it in a group, marching on a capitol somewhere?

I understand you don't like it. But really... so what? You aren't being harmed just because it is their belief or because they voiced that belief. Yet you will do whatever you can, put whatever kind of pressure you can, maybe even get someone fired from their job because they don't hold the same opinions or values as you?

Which of the two is an action and which is a voiced opinion? Which of the two can cause harm, the action or the voiced opinion? So which is OPPRESSIVE?

Are you free?
You can say whatever you want but don't expect people to sit back and be insulted with no consequences.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM

563 posts, read 807,539 times
Quote:

Are you free?
Let's clarify this. So should I be free to engage in public nudity because I believe it is a natural right without facing termination? Or If I walk down a street calling out "******" to everyone because I think I should be allowed to do so without facing any consequence for my action?

~never-more

Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM

567 posts, read 1,120,312 times
Quote:
...and I have a question for you. What difference would it make if Kreutz DID think that?
Not much. But it's worrisome. It makes one wonder:

1. Just how many of them are out there? And...

2. What are the chances they're going to try and pull something? Like that one Buford what's-his-face who shot up the Jewish daycare in L.A.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz
In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Kreutz, plead the 5th or just don't answer like Holder.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:05 PM

The framers, who are far wiser than me, did not believe public nudity is a "natural" GOD given right. There are laws against public indecency.

The framers, who are far wiser than me, did not believe inciting a riot is a "natural" GOD given right. There are laws against that as well as disturbing the peace.

The framers, who are far wiser than me, DID believe free speech is a "natural" GOD given right. One can assume that if free speech is a natural right, then free thought is also a natural right. These natural rights were referred to as "unalienable" rights. GOD given rights.

Quote:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world...
But because someone doesn't like another person voicing an opinion they don't like, we should take action against them, cause them to be fired, or worse... and THAT is justified because those evil people had hate in their hearts. Is that how this will be from now on? Or will a person's calmly voiced opinion continue to be a GOD given right?

Who gets to decide which morality (or moralities) all people must adhere to? Who gets to decide which opinions all people may or may not express? Who gets to decide which thoughts all people may or may not have? You? Is that YOUR decision? Do YOU get to dictate YOUR will because YOU like or don't like something?

I choose LIBERTY.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
Not much. But it's worrisome. It makes one wonder:

1. Just how many of them are out there? And...

2. What are the chances they're going to try and pull something? Like that one Buford what's-his-face who shot up the Jewish daycare in L.A.

I see... We can presume (prejudge... i.e. prejudice) that a racist will commit harm. Wait a minute... didn't we just prejudge, based upon ZERO evidence, and now we will convict in the court of public opinion, and cause that person to forever more not be able to hold reasonable employment because we KNOW what is in their heart, and therefore we KNOW what they will do to another?

Really?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Most of you people are too STUPID to deserve liberty. You deserve no freedom, no liberty, no justice. You deserve to wallow in a fascist state, answering to everyone who makes a demand of you because that is exactly what you expect others to do of your demands.

Until you learn to embrace the liberty of another that is causing you no actual harm, you deserve to be serfs and nothing more.

I choose LIBERTY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies