Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Rivera says an all white jury aint going to convinct Zimmerman, which I've said before this case started. This is the white version of the OJ trial, except it will be whites jumping up and down celebrating the verdict at the end instead of the OJ trial when it was the other way around.
I dont believe for a second you'll see even close to the reaction by whites or Hispanics if he is not guilty. Where do you come up with this stuff? But if he's found guilty, we will see the same reaction by blacks as we did with OJ. If not guilty, I believe there will be unrest if not violence by blacks. And no, not all blacks but enough to cause a scene and do damage. I wish that wasn't the case but I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen

Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
In my opinion, Rachel would be insulted, dissed, disrespected, by your claim that she is too English- illiterate to know that what she told Bernie ---

"It could be Trayvon. Like I said, I don't know but it could be. The dude sounded kind of like Trayvon. Trayvon do got that soft voice and that baby voice sometimes. So, it could be, I don't know."

is Not the same as 'It was Trayvon.'
You cannot possibly understand the cultural differences between white attorneys and people who grow up in a Haitian culture. I think Rachel would understand exactly what I'm talking about and would not be insulted.

I did not say English illiterate. I said that Haitian Creole French was probably her first language which she learned as a child. Clearly she speaks English. The problem with communication, IMO, had to do with the cultural differences between the white attorneys and the lack of understanding of young urban people and the world they live in today.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Tilt like you I would want a jury to listen to all the evidence and make a just decision based upon the evidence.
In this story we have 2 people who acted in ways that defy logic and reason. 1 of them ended up dead for it.
We don't know what TM intended or if GZ's life was actually in danger. Tm may have only intended to deliver what he considered to be a well deserved whooping upon GZ. I certainly would have entertained thoughts of giving GZ a whooping.
But the law is about how GZ felt at the time. Did he feel like he was about to be killed? LOL getting whooped makes you think it may happen.
It is a sad story all the way around. It is a shame we can't cure stupid.
Youre right. And I wish there was better concrete evidence to prove what exactly happened. I dont envy the jury and it will be sad no matter the outcome.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
...with a close range shot through the large chamber of your heart, you are NOT going to be able to say ANYTHING AT ALL.
ty Madame Medical Examiner.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
OK, so Mr. Good didn't see anyone "slamming a head into the concrete". Is this supposed to be some kind of defense for Trayvon being on top whopping George?

...waiting for the smoking gun.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ty Madame Medical Examiner.
I've heard many, many medical examiners testify in court. I've also read many medical examiners' reports. I have helped find medical examiners to examine autopsy reports made by other medical examiners to be hired by the defense to testify as expert witnesses. And, additionally, I dated a chief medical examiner for a large city for a good while. He was the one of the smartest folks I've ever met. Very, very good at his job. So I do have a clue as to what types of things medical examiners can and do testify about. ty.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Youre right. And I wish there was better concrete evidence to prove what exactly happened. I dont envy the jury and it will be sad no matter the outcome.
The evidence is being presented as we speak.

Mr. Good just testified that the guy with the dark clothing was on top of the guy in red, straddling him, whoopping his ass.

Mr. Good seems to have been the only eye witness to the entire thing.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 AM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:
You cannot possibly understand the cultural differences between white attorneys and people who grow up in a Haitian culture. I think Rachel would understand exactly what I'm talking about and would not be insulted.

I did not say English illiterate. I said that Haitian Creole French was probably her first language which she learned as a child. Clearly she speaks English. The problem with communication, IMO, had to do with the cultural differences between the white attorneys and the lack of understanding of young urban people and the world they live in today.

Sure..sure..it's all the "white attorneys" fault.

Look...in any language...tell the truth.

"Cultural differences..." "young urban people"...LMAO.. ..that's funny stuff!

Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:

Are we all supposed to go out and learn how to butcher the English language to cater to a miniscule part of the population?

Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hmmm, having trouble determining why the prosecution called Mr. Good. So far, he's perfectly described George as being on the bottom with Trayvon straddling him, whopping the crap outta him.
Are we watching the same trial? Mr. Good didn't say anything like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies