Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 02:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Geezsus! Have none of you people ever lived in a city with lots of folks from other countries? And do you think that all people are born with the same IQ level?

I think she is being a good witness. She is coming off as being very authentic. She has good reasons, from her perspective, for what she did. Makes sense to me. She's being honest about the significant issues. She is clearly a sort of self-conscious person and does not like be the center of attention. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think the Defense is winning in this cross examination.
I agree.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The taxpayers of FL aren't getting their money's worth out of the tax dollars spend on education, that's fo sho.
Most people in forums have no idea who the other posters are. I've talked with people in the South that I had no idea what they were saying. Now I certainly don't make fun of all White people for this, nor all Southerners.

There are areas all over the nation filled with pockets of ignorance and poor education. Many poor white/black/Hispanic folks can't read or write. Ironically, some turn in at major universities playing sports. We have a niece that graduated from a top university in Florida, went on the grad school, was nationally ranked in sports, and will become a doctor at some point. She went through those crappy Florida public schools as well.

There's not much I can do about this lady's education, but I've taken care of my own kids to make sure they can speak English well, can learn on their own, and make up their own minds about things. In cases like this one, you tend to find out a lot about people.

OH, back on topic. This woman is making a fool out of this well-educated white lawyer. The reason is this. He's outside his comfort level, and completely incapable of not being pompous and overbearing. She had enough, and started whoopin him.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This young woman is not a "pretty standard" witness, and I think that's why West's technique is not working with her. I think he's hurting the defense now. She is very authentic in her testimony.
But it is a legal technique that can be effective. If she is caught lying in her testimony, the defense can ask the judge to instruct the jury to disregard all of her testimony and would likely get that granted.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I believe this is actually a technique employed by defense attorneys. At first, a witness is alert and really keeping careful about what they say. The longer they are on the stand, the more careless they get. They might slip in something asking about earlier testimony, hoping to get a contradiction as well. It's pretty standard of a technique actually.
Maybe so. Seems he could get her to impeach herself on the things that matter more to the defense of gz, rather than the indictment of crump.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe so. Seems he could get her to impeach herself on the things that matter more to the defense of gz, rather than the indictment of crump.
Doesn't matter, the more she admits were lies, the worse it looks for her. It's all about credibility.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
I think that will likely come later. Get the witness comfortable, tired even, and perhaps a bit more careless. That's when they ask the hardest questions.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Most people in forums have no idea who the other posters are. I've talked with people in the South that I had no idea what they were saying. Now I certainly don't make fun of all White people for this, nor all Southerners.

There are areas all over the nation filled with pockets of ignorance and poor education. Many poor white/black/Hispanic folks can't read or write. Ironically, some turn in at major universities playing sports. We have a niece that graduated from a top university in Florida, went on the grad school, was nationally ranked in sports, and will become a doctor at some point. She went through those crappy Florida public schools as well.

There's not much I can do about this lady's education, but I've taken care of my own kids to make sure they can speak English well, can learn on their own, and make up their own minds about things. In cases like this one, you tend to find out a lot about people.

OH, back on topic. This woman is making a fool out of this well-educated white lawyer. The reason is this. He's outside his comfort level, and completely incapable of not being pompous and overbearing. She had enough, and started whoopin him.
It can be hard to understand many regional accents if they're really strong, and you're not from that region!

Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's all about credibility.
If it's "all about credibility," then you might as well stick a fork in old George because he is very low on the credibility ladder himself.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Doesn't matter, the more she admits were lies, the worse it looks for her. It's all about credibility.
That's been West's strategy. He dwelled on her lies about the funeral and her age.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
She didn't say that.

She Did say tm was right by his house. Are you now believing gz went all the way right near tm's house and then one chased the other back to the T area.

If West is capable of focusing on what's important, he'll get to that, the 'hearing the grass,' things like that.
Indeed, and anyone with an IQ over 5 would have grasped that immediately. If T and Z were so close to 'Trayvon's daddy's fiancee's house', why didn't he just march his butt on in?

This confirms what George has said about Trayvon jumping him as he was going back to his truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies