Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 02:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,569,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That is NOT an established fact that Martin was following George or that was George going back to his truck. The fact is Rachel/DeeDee testified Martin said he was near Jenna's house, not AT it. 'Near' is a relative term. You're just repeat the 'at' in this thread because the defense lawyer kept trying to get her to say Martin was AT Jenna's house and Rachel kept correcting him that she didn't say that. She said NEAR. Near could be a mile or a block or a few steps. Martin had just walked a mile from the store and was in the complex so it's anyone guess what he meant by 'near'. No one really knows---but George---who was following who just before the shooting, so quit acting like you do. NO evidence has proved or dis-proven this point---and George has a vested interesting in lying about.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Too Late.... the 2 ft x 2 ft photos have already been shown, and the witness was asked if what he heard could have been from someone that was sustaining the depicted injuries.

The answer was YES.
What witness? I've been asking through what witness any photos have been entered into evidence as an exhibit or exhibits. They say things like, Your Honor, this is Exhibit marked as Exhibit No. (whatever) for identification or We offer Exhibit No. (whatever) into evidence. Then if the other side objects to that exhibit coming into evidence, they object and the Judge rules. Exhibits CANNOT be offered without some testimony by some witness about the exhibit, UNLESS both sides stipulate to the admission of such exhibits.

Okay. O'Mara is questioning the PA and using a photo of Zimmerman, so that photo has most certainly has been entered into evidence, and someone earlier in the trial had to testify as to who took the photo and when. Unless, of course the prosecution and defense stipulated (agreed) that it was okay for that photo to come into evidence.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
As others have stated, it's not a huge recoil from that gun. George is left-handed, but uses his right hand for the gun. Having your hand/wrist in an awkward position like that while flat on your back will change the impacts of recoil, or rather, your ability to control it. Think of arm wresting and what constricts movement, and reduces the force of your normal strength.
Thats the point.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:06 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,950,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Oh, I don't know. You know how us old retired military types are. Mention shootings, fightings our ears perk up. Gotta know all the details.
I hear ya...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,525,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You have no way of knowing what future State witnesses will say. You guys are still "fragmenting" the evidence, as you all did prior to the trial, so many feel that their biases are being validated. Some of these witnesses are contradicting each other, even if you-all don't like to remember those contradictions. There are many things that jurors are instructed to do/use when considering the credibility of EACH WITNESS. You'll hear those in the Jury Charge at the end of the trial. I also believe that in Florida now a hard copy of the Jury Instructions from the Court are given to the jurors in the jury room for their reference during deliberations.
I have an excellent way of knowing Much of what future witnesses will say. Not everything, not precisely, but pretty close. You know, don't you, that many of their statements are public information. John Good, for example, said nothing that surprised me.

I think you've somehow set your computer or tv to "Redact cross-examination.'

Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I have an excellent way of knowing Much of what future witnesses will say. Not everything, not precisely, but pretty close. You know, don't you, that many of their statements are public information. John Good, for example, said nothing that surprised me.

I think you've somehow set your computer or tv to "Redact cross-examination.'
Actually, I have work to do from time to time so I can't sit in front of the TV through all the testimony in this trial. I find that to be very disappointing, but it's just a fact of life.

Since you know much of what future witnesses will say, could you let us know who the future witnesses for the State will be? How many more witnesses do they have left to call?

I haven't seen John Good's testimony, neither direct or cross. Maybe you could find a YouTube of it, or maybe it will get replayed somewhere on TV tonight. I didn't return home today until sometime after 2:00 p.m. Didn't watch any of the trial prior to leaving home this a.m.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ok, I'm watching this thing for the first time.... his cross of the attending physician is pathetic.

OH MY GOD! He is questioning a witness about a photograph that they have never seen and whom he has not diposed?!?!?
Seems pretty good to me. He's trying to validate their claims, and he's asking all the right questions. He's showing her the most dramatic photos, and asking her to comment on every square inch of the photos.

Seems pretty logical to me.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Seems pretty good to me. He's trying to validate their claims, and he's asking all the right questions. He's showing her the most dramatic photos, and asking her to comment on every square inch of the photos.

Seems pretty logical to me.
In short a diagnose based on pictures? Is that possible?

Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,063,434 times
It's refreshing to hear a real medical professional speak in depth about the evidence showing injuries to George Zimmerman.

For the last year there are people here and elsewhere who have sworn that Zimmerman was not injured but the evidence being spoken about during the trial doesn't support those who feel he was unharmed.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:21 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,063,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
In short a diagnose based on pictures? Is that possible?
This woman examined Zimmerman the day after the attack, this isn't just based on photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies