Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 03:09 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times

Advertisements

I have to reread my copy of the constitution. I missed the part where it said none of this applies if you're homosexual. Must be in the fine print at the end.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
And now you will see how you have just lied, maybe unknowingly, but still...

A Self-Styled 'Gay Revolutionary' Offers a Challenge to Straight America:

"We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, ...wherever men are with men together. Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us. All churches who condemn us will be closed. Our holy gods are handsome young men. ...We shall be victorious because we are fueled with the ferocious bitterness of the oppressed..."

Michael Swift - Boston Gay Community News - February 15-21, 1987

If special legal treatment and rights are given based on homosexual fetishes, what does that imply for other fetishes?
Some have already pushed for it.
Cool! Now I can judge all Christians as being exactly the same as the Westboro Baptists!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.

Your life may become very challenging if something as simple as flyer hand outs bother you or you avoid people with different opinions. Take it from this old mama, the only thing in life you control is your own reaction .

Old 06-27-2013, 03:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
I agree with much of what you've mentioned here and I appreciate how you've expressed multiple perspectives and are thereby are in a better position to see potential consequences. It seems rare that one is able to show true compassion and understanding of people, while acknowledging potential harms of behavior or inappropriate legal action.

Ultimately, people are people - we all have weaknesses, but we shouldn't be getting rights based on them. We should try to "make weaknesses strong."

As you've implied, if homosexual fetishes are enough to justify legal rights, that paves the way for other fetish rights, which would be dangerous for many, especially those most vulnerable (children).
You two are just plain crazy and biased. First off, being gay is not a fetish, nor is it a weakness or a behavior, but what ever you want to choose to say we are, you do it so that you can justify discriminating against us. No wonder so many think that christians are nutjobs and crackpots. See how that works. If neither one of you is gay, then you know diddly squat about homosexuality. Come back to us when you live a year or two in our shoes and then say you know what being gay is. But since being gay is not a choice, you cannot do that.

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Well Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia would likely welcome you with open arms.
Dang, you forgot Somolia. I hear it's lovely this time of year.

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And you don't even have to go back that far. Go back to the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s and ask people, "Do you think one man should be able to 'marry' another man. Or one woman 'marry' another woman" and the reaction you would have gotten would be like you just dropped in from outer space!
Why stop the questions there? "Do you think a wife should be allowed to turn down sex with her husband?" would have a few people baffled. Of course she couldn't do that! Or "Do you think different races can share the same school?" - that one had some ferocious debate, as you may recall. Or how about "Can black people serve in the same militray units as whites?" - it was a ridiculous concept, unit cohesion would never survive that.

We have moved on.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did you get the one with a whistle, or the one that lights up?
I also received a 4 ft glossy poster of the Village People as a guide to stereotypical dress for informal occasions.

Thus far, none of it has worked. I am still straight. I am slowly starting to believe that, just perhaps, sexual orientation is a trait. Surely, that can't be, can it?

It's so confusing. The "normal," straight, anti-gays don't have a clear message. Accordingly,

1.) you are taught to be gay.
2.) you are infected by homosexuality if you are around gays.
3.) homosexuality is a mental illness.
4.) gays are just living out a sexual fetish.
5.) homosexuality is a choice.
6.) you are brainwashed by liberal public schools to become gay.

I find this utterly confusing, given that gay people always tell me that they were "just born this way."

Old 06-27-2013, 03:17 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,228,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
I have to reread my copy of the constitution. I missed the part where it said none of this applies if you're homosexual. Must be in the fine print at the end.
It's in the proposed 28th Amendment that conservatives are currently working on.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
My son is in his 20s and he grew up around a lot of gays and transsexuals. Not only did he not catch the gay, but he realizes that they're people, just like anyone else, and deserving of the same rights and privileges, just like anyone else.
I'm sorry you have led such a sheltered existence that being around gays puts you in such a tizzy.
(And that "older people don't know what we're going through" line is absolutely priceless!)

Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
You seem to lack understanding and have jumped to conclusions based on your lack of understanding.

That list is from men who have overcome or were in the process of overcoming homosexual fetishes.
You suggesting it turns me on is ridiculous, besides illogical. But maybe a form of projection.

If one with homosexual fetishes had no desire to do anything sexual with someone - and it was all platonic, then one wouldn't have homosexual attraction.

"Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."
Fetish | Define Fetish at Dictionary.com

So, intercourse between a man and a woman consist of genitals, but 2 men or 2 women have genitals that don't match, so they resort to "non-genital" substitutes - fetishes.

I know, it's pretty pathetic to realize one has been pushing for rights based on fetishes.
It's even more pathetic to continue doing so when one realizes the likely harm it will cause children if other fetishes are legally supported.
What is pathetic is to justify your hatred of gays, you resort to calling our love and relationships fetishes. You are a typical bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies