Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,427,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, technically it would be 51 to 49%, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. In this case though, what evidence is there that Zimmerman is "guilty" of action in a civil suit? He had a lawful right to be where he was. All the physical evidence points to Martin as the aggressor (what injuries did Martin have that would indicate that Z instituted physical force)? Who was it that had a broken (fractured per the PA) nose? The only physical injuries M had (well, other than a bullet wound) was an abrasion on his hand...hardly a defensive wound. While Z had..what again?
I'm great with numbers, as you can see! LOL

Well, if Chuck is right, that you can't file a wrongful death case in Florida against someone who killed another person in self defense if they are acquitted, guess you can't file a wrongful death case against Zimmerman here. I'm just not really sure about that. Most of the work I do is in criminal cases, although I'm rarely involved a bit in civil cases, so I could be wrong about the wrongful death thing.

One of my family members was killed in an automobile accident, and the person who was driving the car was charged with vehicular homicide in criminal court. She was acquitted, and I was happy about that because I thought it was just clearly an accident. Anyway, we had attorneys who advised us to file a wrongful death case against her/her insurance company, but we didn't. It was a very tragic accident for everyone. So I was thinking that even if one is not convicted in criminal court, which takes away your freedom, that a civil action, wrongful death, could be filed in civil court. I was unaware that killing someone in self defense was an exception. And I still want to look into that more. The cite which was given sounded more like it applied to SYG immunity hearing, rather than generally to other cases including self defense.

I find it interesting that these CC courses teach stuff like the self defense and SYG law, etc. That means George got at least a DOUBLE DOSE of what to do if he ever shot someone, between his classes to enable him to carry his gun and the classes he took at Seminole State.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,077,624 times
Not only is that story months old but everything he said in those tweets were right.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,928,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
To jumble two sayings --- The truth shall get you stitches.
Very good!!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,956,021 times
I haven't been able to watch all of the trial myself, but unless the prosecution has a rabbit somewhere in a hat, I don't see why they don't simply throw in the towel... The only thing they have proven so far is their incompetance...

10,942 posts, read 10,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In any event, it sounds like Zimmerman did society a favor by taking Martin off the streets.
Wow.

10,553 posts, read 9,679,754 times
I feel threatened by a guy with a gun stalking me and that puts me in justifiable fear for my life...so does that mean I can stone them to death with Skittles?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,643,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow.
Why the mad face? Seriously. He was kicked out of school repeatedly for drugs and fighting. He glorified guns and drugs. He was making racist comments with his friend. He was in several fights. It was only a matter of time before he hurt an innocent person.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,679,754 times
Quote:
Why the mad face? Seriously. He was kicked out of school repeatedly for drugs and fighting. He glorified guns and drugs. He was making racist comments with his friend. He was in several fights. It was only a matter of time before he hurt an innocent person.
That's why his G-mail account was full of e-mails about taking the SAT, and applying for college.

And why Trayvon's Trayvon's brother Fulton told CNN that Martin was an honor student who couldn't wait to go to college after visiting his brother at Florida International University during spring break.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2Y2oESVl2

Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I watched the opening statements and some of the witness testimony. I was not able to watch the entire case, though I wanted to. My view on the case so far:

-The prosecutor should (and would in my state) be disbarred for his opening testimony. He lied and said that Martin was getting candy for his friend when he knows that Martin's cell phone information (not admitted by Jaba the judge) shows he was using it to make lean. He also talks about Zimmerman saying "Effing punks" when the cell phone and other non-admitted information showed that Martin was, in fact, a self-proclaimed gangbanger, drug dealer (likely), drug addict and "punk".

-The white nutter lady witness had no idea what she heard or saw. She was obviously prepped to say that the "aggressive" voice was Zimmerman and the "boy" voice was Martin. Who characterizes someone's voice as "aggressive" other than a person who was prepped? I have never in my life heard someone characterize a voice as "aggressive". Martin was a 17 year old man who already went through puberty, not a "boy". Even the expert said it was impossible to say who was screaming for help. This lady could not make out a single work of the fight exception knew that Zimmerman was talking "aggressively" but she didn't know what he was saying, and the boy was screaming for help, but she did not know what else was said? Give me a break.

-The Spanish lady actually say the "bigger one" on top, which she did not know was in fact Martin because she believed the lying news stories that showed Martin when he was 12.

-I watched part of the cop's testimony who wouldn't even say they considered Zimmerman a suspect.

I heard from a lot of people following this who were neutral say things are going very badly for the prosecution. It is impossible to know what will happen, but hopefully Zimmerman will come out with something less than a murder 2 conviction. In any event, it sounds like Zimmerman did society a favor by taking Martin off the streets.
Geeee, you must have worked really, really hard to come up with that many enormously biased opinions at one time.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Maybe you have a problem with reading?? How or where did you find that much Trayvon hatred information or should I say "misinformation"? Where do you people come from? I want to make sure I never accidentally go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies