Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 06:19 AM

370 posts, read 247,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Did you see the post I responded to ?

child, adult mean different things for different purposes under Law. Neither word is sensible to apply to tm in normal, everyday speech.

so..if he's buying skittles he's a "child"..when he decides to physically attack another person he becomes an "adult", right?

Play adult games, reap adult consequences.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
so..if he's buying skittles he's a "child"..when he decides to physically attack another person he becomes an "adult", right?

Play adult games, reap adult consequences.
I don't call him a 'child.' That word is part of the media, Team Martin narrative.

Do you decide what you're going to write before reading the words someone posts ?

Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't call him a 'child.' That word is part of the media, Team Martin narrative.

Do you decide what you're going to write before reading the words someone posts ?
no..I'm replying to your comment about "nonsensical standards". I pointed out that 17 (and younger) can be considered an "adult".

Old 07-04-2013, 06:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The Martin kid had every right to go to the 7-11 for skittles and Iced Tea and walk home without fearing that some Vigilante wanna be "tough guy" with his "courage" tucked into his waist band, well maybe not so tough as it turns out, would kill him for that.

Last edited by florida.bob; 07-04-2013 at 06:46 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So, the witness demonstrated that it takes two hands to shoot George's gun? So, how did George manage that again?
A Kel-Tec PF9, right?

That's laughable.

Here's a photo of my Kel-Tec P32. The 9mm version is only slightly larger, to accommodate the larger cartridges:

Kel-Tec handguns are designed for one purpose - concealed carry. They're reliable, not terribly good as range guns, they're cheap and they're small. Anyone who says that it takes two hands to shoot a Kel-Tec handgun is either lying or amazingly ignorant. Regardless of which it is, this "witness" has no business testifying about things they clearly know nothing about.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Martin kid had every right to go to the 7-11 for skittles and Iced Tea and walk home...
yes.
...but the moment he physically attacked zimmerman it no longer matters where he went and what he bought beforehand.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:44 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A Kel-Tec PF9, right?

That's laughable.

Here's a photo of my Kel-Tec P32. The 9mm version is only slightly larger, to accommodate the larger cartridges:

Kel-Tec handguns are designed for one purpose - concealed carry. They're reliable, not terribly good as range guns, they're cheap and they're small. Anyone who says that it takes two hands to shoot a Kel-Tec handgun is either lying or amazingly ignorant. Regardless of which it is, this "witness" has no business testifying about things they clearly know nothing about.
It was a misunderstanding of how double action worked by the person you quoted. The reason the witness (an expert in firearms) used two hands was simply to help steady the weapon as they asked her to hold it in her non-dominant hand. Nonetheless, we already cleared it up for the person you quoted - she wasn't arguing the point as much as confused.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
It was a misunderstanding of how double action worked by the person you quoted. The reason the witness (an expert in firearms) used two hands was simply to help steady the weapon as they asked her to hold it in her non-dominant hand. Nonetheless, we already cleared it up for the person you quoted - she wasn't arguing the point as much as confused.
I just read a post from that person that indicated something like that, so I came back to clear my post. But you've quoted it, so I'll leave it.

This thread moves WAY too fast to try and keep up with it. I have no idea how the people who are being active in here are finding the time for it. Does nobody on this forum work or have a family to take care of?

Anyway, to whoever it was I was responding to (Jan something or other?), disregard my post. The points I made were accurate, but I understand now that I misunderstood your position.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
yes.
...but the moment he physically attacked zimmerman it no longer matters where he went and what he bought beforehand.
The kid popped in the face, knocked him down where Zim banged his on the sidewalk, Then probably after peeing his pants, decided to kill the kid. Yep, RW version of justifiable homicide, huh?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Bottom line is, I think Martin had every reason to believe he could walk to the store for some goodies and not be killed by some deranged Vigilante.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies