Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 PM

16,913 posts, read 10,631,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's why his G-mail account was full of e-mails about taking the SAT, and applying for college.
Multiple suspensions doesn't look good on a college application. Plus, he can't get student loans with a drug possession. And just because you go to college doesn't mean you give up the kind of lifestyle he was apparently following.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Geeee, you must have worked really, really hard to come up with that many enormously biased opinions at one time.
Nothing in that post is biased. That is what the witnesses said, and that is what I heard from people following the case.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow.
What a thought provoking post... Something to take pride in... You should make note of this one and save it

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,672,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Multiple suspensions doesn't look good on a college application. Plus, he can't get student loans with a drug possession. And just because you go to college doesn't mean you give up the kind of lifestyle he was apparently following.
"the lifestyle he was apparently following" ---- ? Drug possession?---- yeah right...

Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Nothing in that post is biased. That is what the witnesses said, and that is what I heard from people following the case.
Well then, it must be true.....

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Maybe you have a problem with reading?? How or where did you find that much Trayvon hatred information or should I say "misinformation"? Where do you people come from? I want to make sure I never accidentally go there.
Suspended 3 times (and I forgot to mention to burglaries):

Trayvon Martin was suspended three times from school - U.S. News

On drugs:

Trayvon Martin Drug Photos Can't Be Mentioned, Says Judge - ABC News

Glorified drugs and guns:

More guns and fighting:

George Zimmerman's lawyers: Trayvon Martin

So that would be NBC, ABC and the Daily News, along with countless others.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I took classes involving quantum mechanics and advanced differential equations in school. Couldn't solve a problem in either one now to save my life. I don't use them on a regular basis. Does that mean I am guilty of..well, something? Much like GZ, I don't recall all the details of a small portion of a specific class.

BTW...would these be the same professors that stated that GZ hoped for a career as a prosecuting attorney?
Well, you education sounds much more difficult than Zimmerman's and I'm guessing Zimmerman took those classes more recently that you did.

Anyway, not surprising that Z had ambitions of becoming a prosecutor. Lots of LEOs have degrees and then go on to law school. Of course, Zimmerman had not even gotten his Associates degree yet, so Law School and the LSAT were off in the distant future. He wanted to start as a local law enforcement officer I guess. Maybe that's how he saw himself paying for his bachelors and the law degree. Unfortunately he was a bit over-zealous and maybe even a little obsessed. I'm guessing that guy that got on the stand and said George was the best friend he'd ever had, and then wrote a book about what George told him, had a lot of influence on George.......although it seemed to me that at this point, at this time, Zimmerman does not consider that guy his friend. He's making money off Zimmerman's story, something he probably told the guy in confidence. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,614,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wish I could rep you for this post. She was in a difficult situation and it took courage to stand up to all the crap that's been thrown at her both in and out of court.
If only she could have done so without, well...lying quite so much.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Do you read what you post?

"Trayvon Martin, was suspended from school last month for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue in his book bag, a family spokesman said Monday.

"There was no substance found. There was a baggie that school officials believe may have formerly contained marijuana. There was no arrest or citation from the police," Ryan Julison said.

The Miami Herald reported that Martin was suspended two other times from school. The first time was for missing school or being late.", the second time for writing graffiti on a locker.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,783 times
Quote:

On drugs:

Glorified drugs and guns:

More guns and fighting:

George Zimmerman's lawyers: Trayvon Martin

So that would be NBC, ABC and the Daily News, along with countless others.
There's a good LEGAL REASON why the Judge did not let that crap come in at the trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies