Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

It's fascinating, what I learn about liberal thought from the right-wingers here.

And when I say 'right-wingers here' I mean whiny little crybabies who think their government's job is to dry their tears and prevent them from having to deal with anything that makes them sad. "Wahh! Mommy, those women should be forced to bear children against their will because abortion makes me sad!" I believe that sums up the position of this forum's population of right-wing extremists on this matter nicely. My solution? Legalize abortion on demand, but make government-issue tissue available for free to all those who are disturbed by the decisions strangers make about their own lives. Everybody wins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Liberalism is all about feeling good no matter how stupid the cause.
funny, its seems that its the GOP that are "feeling good" about restricting women's access to abortion.

Feeling so good, that they invoke God wherever and whenever they can.

Seems like they party and pat themselves on their backs when their restrictive laws get passed.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Still is not my problem. Those countries want to live in backward times, then that's their perogative. Who are we to dictate what their countries do? We can comment on their barbaric ways, but that is ALL we can do.

Here, in the US, where it matters, the woman is STILL free to chose what she wants to do. And no amount of pressure for the misogynistic beliefs running rampant through the GOP will change that. Every law the does something to hinder the access of freedom to choose, the fight will become bigger.
How is sex-selected abortion backwards or barbaric if choice is what matters and abortions are amoral issues anyways?

Abortion should be outlawed because its the intentional killing another human life.

If we are honest the major reasons women in the United States support TANF (which I support having) and legalized abortion is so that women do not have to be responsible for making better choices in men.

I'm not a Republican and I don't regard myself as a conservative. But I bet if TANF (all welfare programs too) was done away with and abortion criminalized a whole lot of young women would quickly become conservative in their life choices. Male geeks and dorks would look a lot more appealing. So would plumbers and drywallers.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
How is sex-selected abortion backwards or barbaric if choice is what matters and abortions are amoral issues anyways?

Abortion should be outlawed because its the intentional killing another human life.

If we are honest the major reasons women in the United States support TANF (which I support having) and legalized abortion is so that women do not have to be responsible for making better choices in men.

I'm not a Republican and I don't regard myself as a conservative. But I bet if TANF (all welfare programs too) was done away with and abortion criminalized a whole lot of young women would quickly become conservative in their life choices. Male geeks and dorks would look a lot more appealing. So would plumbers and drywallers.
So we should punish women for enjoying sex just like men do?

How about this.
For every woman that get an abortion, and the father left her, or wanted nothing to do with the pregnancy, we castrate the man. I bet that would make men a lot more conservative in their life choices. Those female dorks and geeks would look more appealing. Men would get over the "barbie" type party girl real quick.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:39 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So we should punish women for enjoying sex just like men do?
The U.S. Supreme Court Justices when ruling against Roe For Men, stated that males knowingly engage in risky behavior when they decide to have sex, therefore, they must accept responsibility for fatherhood even if the woman lies and says she can not get pregnant.

Quote:
How about this.
For every woman that get an abortion, and the father left her, or wanted nothing to do with the pregnancy, we castrate the man. I bet that would make men a lot more conservative in their life choices. Those female dorks and geeks would look more appealing. Men would get over the "barbie" type party girl real quick.
I'm sure the real threat of castration would make men more conservative in their choices.

Castration by government order and enforcement is not symmetrical with the elimination of welfare or criminalizing abortion. Its asymmetrical with them. Castration is more on par with past government forced sterilization policies on certain categories of girls and women in the United States.

Forced Sterilization in the United States - History of Forced Sterilization in the United States

Quote:
Though primarily associated with Nazi Germany, North Korea, and other oppressive regimes, U.S. forced sterilization laws fit in perfectly with the eugenic culture of early 20th-century Americana.

Gordon Lincecum, a famed Texas biologist and physician, proposes a bill mandating the eugenic sterilization of the mentally handicapped and others whose genes he deems undesirable. Although the legislation is never sponsored or brought up for a vote, it represents the first serious attempt in U.S. history to use forced sterilization for eugenic purposes.
Quote:

In Buck v. Bell, the U.S. Supreme Court rules (8-1) that laws mandating the sterilization of the mentally handicapped do not violate the Constitution. Writing for the majority, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes makes an explicitly eugenic argument:
It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind.
Quote:

Public domain. Image courtesy Wikipedia.

Nazi propaganda defends Germany's forced sterilization program by citing the United States as an ally in the eugenic movement, and its laws as proof of its status as same. World War II, and the atrocities committed by the Nazi government, would rapidly change U.S. attitudes towards eugenics.
Quote:

A survey conducted by Family Planning Perspectives finds that approximately 70% of American hospitals fail to adequately follow U.S. Department of Health and Human Services guidelines regarding informed consent in cases of sterilization.

Oregon performs the last legal forced sterilization in U.S. history.

Inside Story Americas - Forced sterilisation: Time for compensation? - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies