Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM

593 posts, read 470,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
also want people just to do as he says without questions, he sure as heck doesn't have the guts to answer any
I'm still waiting on YOU to answer my questions?

1. Does Personal Responsibility take a back seat to Government Intervention?

2. Do Women actually need the Government to pass laws to control their bodies FOR them since they can't seem to control it themselves?

2 questions. And I'd appreciate something more than some sorry one-liners as answers please. Think before you respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Nonsense, I am a woman, that had a fully planned pregnancy, and didn't know until I was 10 weeks pregnant. And that was with doctors checking hormone levels weekly.
I also had very irregular cycles, and could go for months with only a little spotting. Even while pregnant this didn't change until around 18 weeks, then started again a few weeks before delivery.
It only takes 4 weeks to realize you missed a cycle though. I didn't say irregular cycles, I said missed altogether. THAT'S the #1 indicator that it's time to take a test to see for sure. Even Men know this about Women. Are you being fecetious?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Well at least you Pro-Choicers agree on one thing...Personal Responsibility prior to getting pregnant is not warranted so long as Abortion is available.
Yes, birth control (yet you say birth control is also murder)

but birth control can fail.

so the responsible thing to do is if it fails, other options open up. Abortion is one of those options.

that is being responsible. by not giving birth to an unwanted baby, that will become a burden on others to take care of.

there is no Ironically in trying to connect abortion to gun ownership. they are two vastly different topics.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM

[quote=Arus;30282309]

Quote:
that's your guess. doesn't mean you are right.
Statistics will prove I'm right too. Convenience is the #1 reason to abort.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Only difference is, Carlin was a comedian. Jefferson and Franklin wrote YOUR FREEDOMS into existence. What did George Carlin ever do for you?
so what if Carlin was a comedian. Comedians still have things to say and opinions to express.

As with Jefferson and Franklin, they didn't 'write' our freedoms into existence. Those FREEDOMS have always existed. Their "OPINION" was what made us REALIZE they have always existed.

you are as ignorant on US History and rights, as you are about abortion and pregnancy (and gun control)

Old 07-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, during a time when Abortion was pretty much illegal, unregulated, and unsafe. You are comparing apples to oranges.

SAFELY done abortions do not leave a scar, and women go onto have children later in life.
Women die and have complications from Abortions everyday. please stop

Quote:
Yes, the "bill" will fall to tax payers if women are forced to carry a pregnancy that they don't want. Because the tax payers will have to now pay for that child, through welfare.
AND the bill will fall to those who won't or can't pay for the Abortion. You didn't think this through did you?

Quote:
$300 to have an abortion (cheaper in other states/clinics) or $20,000 a year to raise a child (at least, most of which will be footed by the taxpayers)

A woman can easily afford an abortion, compared to the higher cost of forced pregnancy.

no they are not. The fact that you can't tell the difference between a non-viable fetus and living breathing human being says a lot of of why you are incapable of arguing a point.
Make the mother pay. simple. She laid down FREE but wants to get up FREE? ....no dice pal.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Statistics will prove I'm right too. Convenience is the #1 reason to abort.
Please provide your survey results of every woman you asked who has had an abortion. RemembeR ALL women who have had an abortion

you need to start with women in the year 1760 BCE.

come back to use when you have invented the time machine and interviewed every woman.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
define struggling life?
maybe this can help...

How to talk to your child about poverty and homelessness | BabyCenter

Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Women die and have complications from Abortions everyday. please stop
You need to stop, because this is an outright lie.

Here in the US, you more likely to survive an abortion, than pregnancy (and for some reason or another - mostly cardiovascular disease, pregnancy related deaths are on the rise):

Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2009

Quote:
Deaths of women associated with complications from abortions for 2009 are being investigated under CDC's Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System. In 2008, the most recent year for which data were available, 12 women were reported to have died as a result of complications from known legal induced abortions. No reported deaths were associated with known illegal induced abortions.
CDC - Pregnancy-related Deaths - Maternal and Infant Health - Reproductive Health

Quote:
  • Of the 5,001 deaths within a year of pregnancy termination that occurred between 2006 and 2008 and were reported to CDC, 1,953 were found to be pregnancy-related.
  • The pregnancy-related mortality ratio was 15.2 deaths per 100,000 live births for the period 2006–2008.
  • Considerable racial disparities in pregnancy-related mortality exist. During the 2006–2008 period, the pregnancy-related mortality ratios were—
    • 11.3 deaths per 100,000 live births for white women.
    • 34.8 deaths per 100,000 live births for black women.
    • 14.5 deaths per 100,000 live births for women of other races.
If you do your math correctly, that is a little more than one death per DAY due to pregnancy.

so, you're again WRONG!

Now, if you are talking about countries outside the US, statistics are rare and hard to come by, but I'm not concerned about the happenings in other countries

Quote:
AND the bill will fall to those who won't or can't pay for the Abortion. You didn't think this through did you?
No it doesn't. Abortion has to be paid for up front. Some clinics allow a person to do payment plans, in order to pay for it. It never falls to "other" people to pay for.

You seriously didn't think this through did you?

Quote:
Make the mother pay. simple. She laid down FREE but wants to get up FREE? ....no dice pal.
She already has. by paying for the procedure, and by making that difficult decision to do so.

Notice how you only focus on the MOTHER, but no complaints against the FATHER. Seeing as it takes a MAN in order for the woman to become pregnant.

What are your solutions to making the man pay?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM

18,396 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting on YOU to answer my questions?

1. Does Personal Responsibility take a back seat to Government Intervention?

2. Do Women actually need the Government to pass laws to control their bodies FOR them since they can't seem to control it themselves?

2 questions. And I'd appreciate something more than some sorry one-liners as answers please. Think before you respond.

you never directly asked me any question, however I have directly asked you the same 3 or 4 questions 3 times and you have yet to answer.
personal responsibility:
I will reply sure personal responsibility is a great thing and most women are responsible. abortion is responsible. before pregnancy women use birth control, sometimes it doesn't work. women who are in their 40's and done with having children sometimes find they are pregnant because of BC failures. these woman should not have to have another baby if they don't want to.

for that matter neither should a dumb teenager who got carried away one night have to have a baby. babies raising babies is not the way to go.

women who do not want a baby should not be forced into being a mother. irresponsible people are better off not having children. hookers and drug addicts? you want them having children? they make great moms

government passing laws:
yes government did need to intervene to make abortion legal. women were dying from back alley and coat hanger abortions. women do desperate things when they don't want to remain pregnant. abortion needs to remain legal and safe. period.

now your questions for the 4th time

how are you gonna make sure women stay pregnant that do not want to be? armed guarded breeding camps?

sex education in schools? free and low cost birth control for the sexually active? in agreement?

why should women live by your moral value and not their own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies