Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM

593 posts, read 470,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
No, having an abortion is taking personal responsibility, period. And it has nothing to do with government either, contrary to the last sentence in your OP.

Oh, and it's not killing a child, it's a blob, a fetus. Sorry you refuse to believe that.

If it's LIVING, that means it's ALIVE. no matter if it's a 2 days old or 9 months old.

And it's a sick personal decision after the fact aka Killing, NOT Personal Repsonsibiity.

And If that's your definition of Personal Responsibility, then you should have no problem with shooting a burglar 10 days after he broke in your house right? It's the same logic you're using here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Personal Responsibility??? It's not my responsibility if someone else doesn't support banning abortion or fighting laws against guns.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
The truly smart people were to busy having fun and avoiding responsibility. The less smart were ambitious and ran for public office...the less smart started to dictate - by the time the brighter people took notice that idiots were running the nation. It was to late...idiots and extremists along with a few fanatics made this mess. Take Canadian abortion policy- The newly late Doctor Henry Morgantaler who was personally responsible for championing abortion in Canada - and who personally preformed over 80 thousand abortions himself...was a Jew who survived Nazi concentration camps.

This abortionist was totally delusional. He made this bizarre statement and no one quite got what he inferred.

"Unwanted children become concentration camp guards"

What was this old lunatic thinking? Did he believe he could save the world by killing a few million unborn "unwanted" children as a pre-emptive strike against Nazis yet to be born?

Did he target blue eyed blonde woman that he assumed were Germanic? The Doctor died recently - some laud him as a great Canadian hero...some think of him as a misled wack job...The guy in my opinion was off the mark...I heard him read some of his poetry on the radio one day - This master abortionist was stark raving mad...but no one noticed..They were too busy being caught up in all the rhetoric and slogans about "choice" and "woman's rights"...

Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Personal Responsibility??? It's not my responsibility if someone else doesn't support banning abortion or fighting laws against guns.
but Big Government got your back though right?.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Many unplanned pregnancies are the result of things beyond the control of the woman involved. Do you think that broken rubbers, failed birth control pills, rape and other things are under a woman's control? Responsible women have already tried to prevent the pregnancy and are making the responsible decision to end it. It is her body and her choice.

In a similar vein I, as a male, do not want you or anyone else, telling me what kind of gun I can own or where I can carry it so long as I am responsible for the damage done if I shoot it. If I plan on shooting someone and do so I am responsible for committing the crime of murder. If I, or someone I am near, is attacked and I respond by shooting my assailant I am not guilty of ANY CRIME. At most I have committed pest control. In this case, if I do not shoot, I should be considered guilty of aiding a criminal act.
Pest control? So children are pests also?

Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
If it's LIVING, that means it's ALIVE. no matter if it's a 2 days old or 9 months old.

And it's a sick personal decision after the fact aka Killing, NOT Personal Repsonsibiity.

And If that's your definition of Personal Responsibility, then you should have no problem with shooting a burglar 10 days after he broke in your house right? It's the same logic you're using here.
LOL, ok buddy. It's a blob, a fetus. Not a child.

Hey, you started the OP. Now you don't like the answers? Go cry to someone who cares.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
IMO, The pro-Abortion crowd are the victims of overly promiscuous daughters to be honest. THIS is main reason why they want it to be so unlimited unrestricted. Because they know they have no control over their daughters and their daughters are gonna do what they wanna do.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Woman's rights over her body. For if they practiced self-control and Personal Responsibility, they would have absolute control over their own bodies. but they fail to see that. how ironic.

This is why I didn't go down there to the Capital in Austin. too many ignorant people to see validity in Personal Responsibility.

there's that word again.
Sorry, but your post is one of the all time stupid conclusions that I've ever read on this board. In the "pre-AIDS" days of the 1970s, people--especially teenagers--were a lot more promiscuous than they generally are now. That said, kids have always had sex before marriage, and they always will. I grew up in the age of shot gun weddings and/or girls who mysteriously disappeared to live with an aunt in another state for a year. It's always happened. You're trying to rewrite history and make this into a new thing. And for the record, I don't have daughters.

I'm old enough to remember the days before legalized abortion--when the only option for some women was to go to a back alley butcher, if you could find one. Women died.

Women have sought abortions under desperate circumstances since the beginning of time. The truth is that sometimes birth control fails, sometimes women are raped, and sometimes going forward with a pregnancy would kill them. Abortion is a difficult and painful choice for any woman--it needs to be safe, legal and very rare. That's why reproductive health education and access to birth control are so important. The only rational argument against abortion in the early stages of pregnancy are religious ones. I couldn't personally ever have an abortion (unless my life was in danger) but that doesn't mean I have the right to make that choice for someone else who doesn't share my beliefs. We don't live in a theocracy.

Last edited by mb1547; 07-01-2013 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 12:34 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
How do you "unplan" a pregnancy? that's Cop-out language.
Can you speak English? He's using the word unplanned as an ADJECTIVE--a word that describes a noun (pregnancy) and not as a VERB (an action word).

Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
How is abortion not personally responsible? Is it not irresponsible to bring a baby into a struggling life?
The irresponsibility was getting knocked up in the first place.... killing a baby cannot be viewed as a responsible act.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
a person can use condoms and birth control and still get pregnant. They are being responsible.

But its not for you to determine who is or not being responsible.

Accidents happen. It has no determination on responsibility.

A person who gets into a car accident, wears his seat belt all the time when driving. the accident left him paralyzed from the neck down. The accident wasn't his fault. Are you saying that he should never have driven, because by driving he's being irresponsible?

that's how ludicrous your logic is.
All the more reason Personal Responsibility is important. Because it forces your Common Sense to come into play.

And technically, males and females know exactly when the rubber breaks because the sensation will change., so the excuse that "accidents happen" is a small one. not THAT many accidents happen. and definitely not over and over with the same promiscous irresponsible individuals either.

I know this because was very promiscuous as a young lad but I made darn sure I wrapped it up itight and if in doubt, I pull it out...no excuses...and I managed to not have a child until I was ready to have one.

So all excuses aside, Personal Responsiblity trumps "accidents" anyday. sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies