Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
All the more reason Personal Responsibility is important. Because it forces your Common Sense to come into play.

And technically, males and females know exactly when the rubber breaks because the sensation will change., so the excuse that "accidents happen" is a small one. not THAT many accidents happen. and definitely not over and over with the same promiscous irresponsible individuals either.

I know this because was very promiscuous as a young lad but I made darn sure I wrapped it up itight and if in doubt, I pull it out...no excuses...and I managed to not have a child until I was ready to have one.

So all excuses aside, Personal Responsiblity trumps "accidents" anyday. sorry
You weren't responsible--you were really really lucky. And FYI--if the rubber breaks it's already too late to do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
LOL, ok buddy. It's a blob, a fetus. Not a child.

Hey, you started the OP. Now you don't like the answers? Go cry to someone who cares.

"it's a blob"

is it a "blob at 40 weeks sans 1 day? (full gestation is 40 weeks)
babies have been born at 21 weeks and survived. babies feel pain at 18 weeks.
or is it a "blob" at conception that stops being a "blob" at some point before birth?

Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
"it's a blob"

is it a "blob at 40 weeks sans 1 day? (full gestation is 40 weeks)
babies have been born at 21 weeks and survived. babies feel pain at 18 weeks.
or is it a "blob" at conception that stops being a "blob" at some point before birth?
If you can't figure it out then I can't help you, sorry. You're simply looking for an argument. You won't get one.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
All the more reason Personal Responsibility is important. Because it forces your Common Sense to come into play.
It was common sense to believe the world was flat.
It was common sense to believe that the Earth revolved around the Sun

Abortion is taking personal responsibility by not bringing an unwanted child into this world. Personal reponsibility is about REDUCING risks; risks CAN never be 100% avoided.

Still can't comment on the car accident example I see.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
It was common sense to believe the world was flat.
It was common sense to believe that the Earth revolved around the Sun

Abortion is taking personal responsibility by not bringing an unwanted child into this world. Personal reponsibility is about REDUCING risks; risks CAN never be 100% avoided.

Still can't comment on the car accident example I see.
You won't get one. Notice the join date of the OP?

Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You weren't responsible--you were really really lucky. And FYI--if the rubber breaks it's already too late to do anything about it.
Knowing from an early age why nature devised sex...I never tried to prevent pregnancy unless the woman was firmly insisted...I never wore a condom - If a woman was to become pregnant - I would have been happy and know that I did my duty as a man in this world...if I did not have this attitude - I would just be some old guy sitting alone in a room..Today I have a bunch of adult children...and they gave my life meaning and gave me emotional and material security. It would be very unlucky to not have kids.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Knowing from an early age why nature devised sex...I never tried to prevent pregnancy unless the woman was firmly insisted...I never wore a condom - If a woman was to become pregnant - I would have been happy and know that I did my duty as a man in this world...if I did not have this attitude - I would just be some old guy sitting alone in a room..Today I have a bunch of adult children...and they gave my life meaning and gave me emotional and material security. It would be very unlucky to not have kids.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 PM

593 posts, read 470,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

Luck my butt. I was FOCUSED AND DETERMINED not to get a female pregnant, That's called Personal Responisbility.

"Lucky" is when you get shot at by a criminal and they miss. Or when you fall 100ft and only break a finger. BIG difference.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
It is lucky to conceive a child- It is unlucky to go to the grave childless...In my mind I keep things very simple.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Luck my butt. I was FOCUSED AND DETERMINED not to get a female pregnant, That's called Personal Responisbility.

"Lucky" is when you get shot at by a criminal and they miss. Or when you fall 100ft and only break a finger. BIG difference.
When I was in high school, the condom broke. LUCKY FOR ME, there was no pregnancy. If there would've been, off to the clinic for an abortion. That's called personal responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies