Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 PM

593 posts, read 470,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
It was common sense to believe the world was flat.
It was common sense to believe that the Earth revolved around the Sun

Abortion is taking personal responsibility by not bringing an unwanted child into this world. Personal reponsibility is about REDUCING risks; risks CAN never be 100% avoided.

Still can't comment on the car accident example I see.
It was Personal Responsibility to make sure the Ships were built well and wouldn't sink on their quest to see if the world was flat.

It was Personal Responsibility for Gallileo to retract those statements when he found out the truth.

Abortion is taking a legal measure to kill your offspring, nothing more. No Personal Responsibility in that.

Being ignorant is a Personal Choice for a lot of people though.

Thank God definitions of words can't be twisted just because a person wants them to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
If you can't figure it out then I can't help you, sorry. You're simply looking for an argument. You won't get one.
the problem is YOU can't figure out that once conception happend (Egg/sperm join) and cells begin to double up and mutate, it's a living being. Why do you think Doctors agree with the Pro Life stance of when conception happens? and they DON'T agree with Pro-choice stance that it's just a "blob"? Apparently, you think a baby is not a baby until it breaches the womb...lol

If Doctors believed your stance they would go broke overnight, so even if they deny the truth of conception, they agree when it happens. even for the sake of making a dollar $$.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
The conservative utopia: the perfect USA

Now it's time to wake up to reality.

And that reality is what? that Abortion is the *New* Contraception? because it will be if the
pro-choicers have their way.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is a story almost daily where a child gets mom or dads gun and shoots someone. There are also many cases daily where a stolen gun was used in a crime.
Where did that freak from sandyhook get the guns he used? His moms stash.

I am in no way a gun grabber, I am a gun owner, but I support logical restrictions.

Just like I support logical restrictions on abortions. After 22-24 weeks (viability) the only reason for an abortion should be the health of the woman or severe medical issues with the fetus.

How many kids killed somebody with their parent's gun today vs. how many Abortions were performed today?. I bet the Abortions win 100 to 1

Can't let 1 or 2 bad incidents spoil the whole idea.

22 weeks is way too long to decide if you wanna keep a unborn child. that's madness. Any logical sense would put that at 2 days at the most. It don't take THAT LONG to make a life changing decision like that and women don't need that long. Why?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
And that reality is what? that Abortion is the *New* Contraception? because it will be if the
pro-choicers have their way.
Don't hyperventilate dearie. Your dramatics must be exhausting you. Personally, I'd rather pay for the depo shot or pills instead of an abortion. Much cheaper. Surely even YOU can understand that very very very simple concept.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:14 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Sure they are. Have you listened to Diane Feinstein at all? What about Cass Sunstein? BOTH want a total disarmament of the American people.
There is nobody that is taken seriously by either side that wants to disarm law abiding citizens and deprive them of their right to self defense. For every Feinstein, Schumer, or Sunstein raving on the left, I can name you 5 rabid people on the right who clamor for the complete uncontrolled distribution of firearms to all U.S. citizens, be they felons, or mentally deranged. In their eyes, that's what the Constitution reads.
Society has just as much a right to enact responsible gun control laws that minimize the threat of criminals and mentally unstable people from owning guns and using them on society at large. I will go as far as to say that society has a responsibility to pass restrictions and standards designed to mitigate the damage done by deranged individuals with firearms.

When the "guns for all" crowd and the NRA refused to sit down with the legislatures and even consider background checks prior to purchase, that's when they lost a large portion of the "Responsible" gun owners. I started a thread on what responsibilities do gun owners have to society and the overwhelming answer by the gun advocates was "None!"

"Shall Not Be Infringed" was infringed before the ink was dry on the Constitution. There have always been reasonable restrictions on firearm ownership and usage. Since the Bill of Rights was written, it has been illegal to carry a firearm on any personal property or business if the owner doesn't allow it. So in effect, the property rights of the landowner trumps gun rights every time, every where and under all circumstances. How's the "Shall Not Be infringed" sound now? (The 2nd does not say "shall be infringed by all property owners and business establishments" but yet, that has always been the case since the 2nd's inception.

It was also standard procedure in the early western towns to disarm all the cowboys coming into town for the weekend and nobody went squealing that their 2nd amendment rights were being stripped.

Reasonable restrictions have always been with us. Responsible gun owners realize this.

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-01-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
ohh, give it a rest. Getting an abortion is not like walking down to McD's everyday to buy some fries.
Im certain it's not an easy choice to make.

Ohhh nooo! now im not being "personally responsible" as i am posting this post while im on the clock (lunch was over 3min ago)

ohhh the humanity!
Good GAWD!@!!

You seem to think Personal Responsibility will somehow come into play after the floodgates of 24 hour
Abortion clinics open up? why after, and not before she gets pregnant? how crass.

Look for 24hour Abortion clinics will be popping up on every corner like Walmart and CVS if the bill fails.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Don't hyperventilate dearie. Your dramatics must be exhausting you. Personally, I'd rather pay for the depo shot or pills instead of an abortion. Much cheaper. Surely even YOU can understand that very very very simple concept.
Don't self-destruct honey boo boo. Women have a host of remedies to kill their baby with Pills, 'accidental falls', and dumpin' them in the trash can , why add more? and make it legal at that?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
Oh goodie...another abortion thread...we haven't seen one of these in ohh about an hour.

1. A woman's health care decisions should be between her and here doctor.

NO ONE should have the right to dictate their choices no matter what they are.

2. Don't believe in them...very simple don't get one and leave the rest of us alone.

By what right do any of you lifers have to dictate healthcare choices to anyone else my body my choice your body your choice.

3. Abortion is LEGAL...get over it and move on and quit harrassing woman.

4. And this is my fav; the following clip is from George Carlin who sez it best (adult language):

George Carlin: Pro Life, Abortion, And The Sanctity Of Life - YouTube

Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There is nobody that is taken seriously by either side that wants to disarm law abiding citizens and deprive them of their right to self defense. For every Feinstein, Schumer, or Sunstein raving on the left, I can name you 5 rabid people on the right who clamor for the complete uncontrolled distribution of firearms to all U.S. citizens, be they felons, or mentally deranged. In their eyes, that's what the Constitution reads.
Society has just as much a right to enact responsible gun control laws that minimize the threat of criminals and mentally unstable people from owning guns and using them on society at large. I will go as far as to say that society has a responsibility to pass restrictions and standards designed to mitigate the damage done by deranged individuals with firearms.
Name them.

Quote:
When the "guns for all" crowd and the NRA refused to sit down with the legislatures and even consider background checks prior to purchase, that's when they lost a large portion of the "Responsible" gun owners. I started a thread on what responsibilities do gun owners have to society and the overwhelming answer by the gun advocates was "None!"
They didn't lose nothing. the language in the Bill was BS to begin with. You have to understand that the "surface" information on MOST bills, have underlying crap that is not needed and therefore the whole bill should be scrapped. This is how Liberals work, they propose something already being done like Background checks, but the fine print of the bill might say "And all guns should be confiscated by Dec. 2014 by midnight"...which is WHY clear thinking individuals should never vote on BS bills like that.

Quote:
"Shall Not Be Infringed" was infringed before the ink was dry on the Constitution. There have always been reasonable restrictions on firearm ownership and usage. Since the Bill of Rights was written, it has been illegal to carry a firearm on any personal property or business if the owner doesn't allow it. so in effect, the property rights of the landowner trumps gun rights every time. (The 2nd does not say "shall be infringed by all property owners and business establishments" but yet, that has always been the case since the 2nd's inception.

It was also standard procedure in the early western towns to disarm all the cowboys coming into town for the weekend and nobody went squealing that their 2nd amendment rights were being stripped.

Reasonable restrictions have always been with us. Responsible gun owners realize this.
People like you LOVE it when we go to war to keep foreign enemies at bay with Guns, but Oh Nooooooo don't dare let a citizen have a gun, now way...

You forget what protects this country from Tyranny, and that's unfortunate.

Because simple words, protests, and marches won't keep Tyranny at bay. only a lead projectile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies