Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times

Advertisements

Whatever turn you on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM

593 posts, read 470,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Generally the same people who are pro choice, are also in full support of sex ed, safe sex, and easier access to birth control. Those that are anti choice tend to be in favor of abstinence only education.

The issue with "responsible" gun owners is that some are not, in fact, responsible. Children getting their hands on a loaded gun, because their parents did not secure the gun, is not an example of "responsible" gun owners. I am a gun owner myself. I take every possible precaution to keep my guns out of the hands of everyone.
Using the argument that children gaininig access to guns and kill is lost cause strawman because it's so few kids do that compared to those that do.

Same with Abortion. the Baby Killers use Rape as the crux of why they want Abortion rights unlimited. but that's a strawman argument to say the least when so few abortions are the result of a rape.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
No, having an abortion is making a bad decision after the fact.

Personal Responsibility is taking responsibility for your actions and dealing with the consequences.

If Killing an unborn child is your idea of dealing with your responsibilities, then that's just sick.
No, having an abortion is taking personal responsibility, period. And it has nothing to do with government either, contrary to the last sentence in your OP.

Oh, and it's not killing a child, it's a blob, a fetus. Sorry you refuse to believe that.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Using the argument that children gaininig access to guns and kill is lost cause strawman because it's so few kids do that compared to those that do.

Same with Abortion. the Baby Killers use Rape as the crux of why they want Abortion rights unlimited. but that's a strawman argument to say the least when so few abortions are the result of a rape.
There is a story almost daily where a child gets mom or dads gun and shoots someone. There are also many cases daily where a stolen gun was used in a crime.
Where did that freak from sandyhook get the guns he used? His moms stash.

I am in no way a gun grabber, I am a gun owner, but I support logical restrictions.

Just like I support logical restrictions on abortions. After 22-24 weeks (viability) the only reason for an abortion should be the health of the woman or severe medical issues with the fetus.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Many unplanned pregnancies are the result of things beyond the control of the woman involved. Do you think that broken rubbers, failed birth control pills, rape and other things are under a woman's control? Responsible women have already tried to prevent the pregnancy and are making the responsible decision to end it. It is her body and her choice.

In a similar vein I, as a male, do not want you or anyone else, telling me what kind of gun I can own or where I can carry it so long as I am responsible for the damage done if I shoot it. If I plan on shooting someone and do so I am responsible for committing the crime of murder. If I, or someone I am near, is attacked and I respond by shooting my assailant I am not guilty of ANY CRIME. At most I have committed pest control. In this case, if I do not shoot, I should be considered guilty of aiding a criminal act.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 PM

IMO, The pro-Abortion crowd are the victims of overly promiscuous daughters to be honest. THIS is main reason why they want it to be so unlimited unrestricted. Because they know they have no control over their daughters and their daughters are gonna do what they wanna do.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Woman's rights over her body. For if they practiced self-control and Personal Responsibility, they would have absolute control over their own bodies. but they fail to see that. how ironic.

This is why I didn't go down there to the Capital in Austin. too many ignorant people to see validity in Personal Responsibility.

there's that word again.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Many unplanned pregnancies are the result of things beyond the control of the woman involved. Do you think that broken rubbers, failed birth control pills, rape and other things are under a woman's control? Responsible women have already tried to prevent the pregnancy and are making the responsible decision to end it. It is her body and her choice.

In a similar vein I, as a male, do not want you or anyone else, telling me what kind of gun I can own or where I can carry it so long as I am responsible for the damage done if I shoot it. If I plan on shooting someone and do so I am responsible for committing the crime of murder. If I, or someone I am near, is attacked and I respond by shooting my assailant I am not guilty of ANY CRIME. At most I have committed pest control. In this case, if I do not shoot, I should be considered guilty of aiding a criminal act.
How do you "unplan" a pregnancy? that's Cop-out language.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
IMO, The pro-Abortion crowd are the victims of overly promiscuous daughters to be honest. THIS is main reason why they want it to be so unlimited unrestricted. Because they know they have no control over their daughters and their daughters are gonna do what they wanna do.
Thanks for the first laugh I've had all day.

BTW: Dad needed to tell you all about the laws of the United States of America. One of those laws is that abortion is legal. We also have the freedom to make our own choices. Don't like abortion? Don't get one.

God bless civil liberties!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
It's more irresponsible to get pregnant before you know if you can afford to bring a baby into a struggling life.
a person can use condoms and birth control and still get pregnant. They are being responsible.

But its not for you to determine who is or not being responsible.

Accidents happen. It has no determination on responsibility.

A person who gets into a car accident, wears his seat belt all the time when driving. the accident left him paralyzed from the neck down. The accident wasn't his fault. Are you saying that he should never have driven, because by driving he's being irresponsible?

that's how ludicrous your logic is.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
How do you "unplan" a pregnancy? that's Cop-out language.
No it isn't.

It's plain English. I suggest you look up the definition of unplan/unplanned. You seem to not know basic words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies