Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You have nothing but George Zimmerman's different versions of the story...which one is your basis of knowledge about this trial? Did Trayvon circle Zimmerman's car or not? What's your reasoning in terms of Zimmerman never identifying himself as a NW person? Who was the one taking grappling lessons? Who was taking a mixture of Adderall (an amphetamine) and temazepam (a benzoduazapine) ? Why would a rational person believe a proven liar?
We have Dee Dee's testimony (he made it to the back porch of the house) and John Good's eyewitness account plus the forensic evidence of Zimmerman's injuries.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Little Freudian slip?
Great catch! Glad you quoted it.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, there is no way Zimmerman is getting convicted of anything. I don't even know why in the hell we are even arguing about it. I don't know of any reputable news outlet who really believes he is going to be convicted. The prosecution isn't even calling any more witnesses.

We can sit around moaning about whether or not Zimmerman should be following people while carrying a gun. And you can try to push new laws. But Zimmerman is simply not going to be convicted. Get it through your heads. Because everyone else is laughing at your stupidity.
Not everyone likes bullies. Not everyone enjoys laughing at people or applauds vigilantes who make idiotic decisions that result in the deaths of teenagers who were minding their own business. You are entitled to your opinion, but not EVERYONE agrees with you. I bet you said the same thing about Obama, yet the majority if Americans voted for him. Whether he's convicted or not, I think what he did was wrong. His life will never be the same...I wonder if he thought about that when he thought he was carrying out God's plan.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You didnt answer the question.
Because I can't answer for them. I can only answer for me, which I did. My neighborhood watch discourages carrying firearms and no one that I know of has ever been attacked while on it. If you look for trouble you'll find it.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not everyone likes bullies. Not everyone enjoys laughing at people or applauds vigilantes who make idiotic decisions that result in the deaths of teenagers who were minding their own business. You are entitled to your opinion, but not EVERYONE agrees with you. I bet you said the same thing about Obama, yet the majority if Americans voted for him. Whether he's convicted or not, I think what he did was wrong. His life will never be the same...I wonder if he thought about that when he thought he was carrying out God's plan.
And not everyone likes bully teens who think they can whip up on crackas.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
To hear you tell it, the Teen contributed nothing to the outcome.

What about the Teen's decision making to search for Zimmerman rather than enter the safety of the house?

What about the Teen's decision to jump Zimmerman, punch him in the nose, and drag him to the ground?

What about the Teen's decision to straddle and punch Zimmerman "MMA style" and to bang his head into the concrete?

To hear you tell it, we could argue that rape victims are guilty of stupidity, irresponsibility, and bad decision making. "If she hadn't been walking alone at night...If she hadn't been wearing a dress..."
Do you hear yourself? A teen's decision? Waliking home UNARMED in the rain after making purchases at a 711 while talikng on the phone with a friend? Feeling paranoid and intimidated because of an unidentified creepy guy following him for no apparent reason? Give me a break!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Do you hear yourself? A teen's decision? Waliking home UNARMED in the rain after making purchases at a 711 while talikng on the phone with a friend? Feeling paranoid and intimidated because of an unidentified creepy guy following him for no apparent reason? Give me a break!
He made it to the back porch of the house according to Dee Dee's testimony. Why didn't he just go inside and call the police? This is what a conversation with the police might have sounded like:

Trayvon: Hello? There's a creepy-ass cracker following me. Can you send some police to investigate?

NEN: OK

Trayvon: Should I go outside and try to find this guy?

NEN: No, we don't need you to do that.

Trayvon: Can I punch him in the nose and slam his head into the ground?

NEN: No, we don't need you to do that.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Cannot rep you yet...

Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, there is no way Zimmerman is getting convicted of anything. I don't even know why in the hell we are even arguing about it. I don't know of any reputable news outlet who really believes he is going to be convicted. The prosecution isn't even calling any more witnesses.

We can sit around moaning about whether or not Zimmerman should be following people while carrying a gun. And you can try to push new laws. But Zimmerman is simply not going to be convicted. Get it through your heads. Because everyone else is laughing at your stupidity.
I think you may be correct from what I've seen of the trial and the talking heads.

I do hope that Mr. Zimmerman will think twice before ever shooting some again. As I watch the public spectacle that every televised trial seems to turn into; I think that his life will never be the same. I think that every time I see his doughy, slightly uncomprehending face.

Being the coward that he is; we will not get to hear him speak or be cross-examined.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times
I had to miss the end of today's testimony of the animation guy. Did the judge make any rulings on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies