Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Serino told the FBI he felt pressured by officers in the department to send the charges to the DA.

One myth exploded from Serino's testimony --- he never felt manslaughter charges should be filed the night of the killing.
He hadn't interviewed everyone the night of the killing. By the time he finished a few days investigation, he concluded there was probable cause for manslaughter charges. I don't believe the FBI was involved that early.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Obviously did not run all the way home or straight home. Maybe he didn't want Zimmerman knowing where he was staying. Maybe he didn't want to endanger the other child who was at the house. I wouldn't lead some weirdo home if my parents were not there. If he wanted to fight Zimmerman from the beginning, he could have attacked him as soon as he got out of the car or while he was in it. If he didn't feel threatened, why would he run?
Zim would not have seen where he was staying because Zim had lost sight of TM. TM obviously let GZ find him because he wanted to confront the "creepy ass cracker".

Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Ok....I just did a search....Richardson hearing....must be some precedent. Anyone explain what that is?
"A Richardson hearing is a hearing to conduct an inquiry into the surrounding facts and circumstances of an alleged discovery violation. For example, a Richardson hearing might be requested because the opposing party attempts to call a witness not included on their witness list. The court will attempt to determine whether discovery violations are inadvertent or willful, trivial or substantial, or affected the defendant's ability to properly prepare for his\her case. The question of prejudice does not depend on whether the undisclosed evidence might have affected the outcome of the trial, but whether the violation affected the defendant's ability to prepare."

Richardson Hearing Law & Legal Definition

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Judge ruled last week that Prosecution didn't violate discovery rules when De la Rionda met with the ME and was told the ME changed his mind as to TM being affected by marijuana. They knew about that 3 weeks ago and didn't say a word to the Defense.
Now how did you get sooooo confused on that issue? There was a Richardson Hearing to determine whether or nor the ME told the State Attorney about his change of opinion regarding what he put in his report prior to testifying. In fact, at a bench conference the Judge put the State Attorney under oath. The ME testified that he did NOT tell the State attorney about his change of opinion regarding something he put in his report, and the Court found there had NOT been a Richardson violation.

In addition, if the State Attorney had known about the change of the ME's findings, even one hour before court and had not notified the Defense, it would have been a BRADY violation, and the State Attorney could have lost his job and license for that. So, you're very wrong in your conclusions.

Key things to learn about: Richardson Hearings and Brady vs. Maryland.

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
A "professional athlete" is not going to score a 1 out of 10. LOL!
I could try out for the Dallas Cowboys and would be a .05 out of a 10.

That's where GZ was on the spectrum compared to a Pro. Not even comparable.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Zim would not have seen where he was staying because Zim had lost sight of TM. TM obviously let GZ find him because he wanted to confront the "creepy ass cracker".
According to you. He could have stayed where he was instead if running.

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree; however, IMO the gym owner said some things that would hurt Zimmerman, too. He said Zimmerman was very diligent, worked hard, attended classes, lost weight, etc., which indicates that George was in better shape than he had been in the past. He was also comparing Zimmerman basically to a professional athlete. How many folks out there can really compare to professional athletes? He didn't compare Zimmerman to other out of shape people who had attended classes at his gym for a year or so.

Something else he did which made me wonder why the State didn't object. He offered HIS OPINION that when he saw Zimmerman after the incident that not only did he have physical injuries but "looked like he had be traumatized." This guy was not qualified by the Court as any expert, and that bit of testimony was his opinion of Zimmerman's psychological state. Only an Expert in psychology is legally allowed make opinion statements/assertions like that. I think the State should have objected right away when that came out of his mouth.
I agree but the state hasn't been very good at objecting to much.

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Trayvon Martin didn't feel threatened, why would he run?[snip]Zimmerman did not allow the justice system to work when he made himself judge, jury and executioner the night he killed Martin. Some may believe he deserves the same treatment.
Speculation: he could have run to hide a baggie of something. Perhaps found in dry condition by a lucky resident of the apartment complex.

Again, gz would be insane to stay in the country if acquitted.

Nelson ruled in favor of the defense on an issue

Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree; however, IMO the gym owner said some things that would hurt Zimmerman, too. He said Zimmerman was very diligent, worked hard, attended classes, lost weight, etc., which indicates that George was in better shape than he had been in the past. He was also comparing Zimmerman basically to a professional athlete. How many folks out there can really compare to professional athletes? He didn't compare Zimmerman to other out of shape people who had attended classes at his gym for a year or so.

Something else he did which made me wonder why the State didn't object. He offered HIS OPINION that when he saw Zimmerman after the incident that not only did he have physical injuries but "looked like he had be traumatized." This guy was not qualified by the Court as any expert, and that bit of testimony was his opinion of Zimmerman's psychological state. Only an Expert in psychology is legally allowed make opinion statements/assertions like that. I think the State should have objected right away when that came out of his mouth.
Yes...As though he were offering expert testimony on trauma...I expected the state to object.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM

The defense want's to present the toxicology report of Trayvon's showing he had a very low level of THC in his blood.

Very unfair if admitted, since bloodwork was not done on the defendant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies