Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Several posters on this forum could prosecute this case FAR more effectively.
Well, I have faith that jurors with discretion will see the discrepancies and the scales tipped in George's favor w/ regards to his whole defense being based on his own story, simply because the victim was shot and killed.
Plenty of proof George was the one following Trayvon, loaded gun, training in MMA, Gun enthusiast to the point of obsessiveness...Look at his best friends testimony...Obviously they lived for their guns. Lies about his knowledge of pertinent information. George didn't say it was his screams either. George won't testify....
That is gonna stick in at least one persons craw....especially since the defense now has permission to use Trayvon's toxicology....George wasn't even tested. Someone may think....Hmmmm...maybe that is why he refused to go to the hospital that night....Lies about donated money...There are so many.
Scales of justice...visualize it...Really tipping with the negatives on George's side, discounting what many think are his advantages. imo
Also, if we can see the drama filled biased testimony for what it is....even pointed out by staunch George supporters on this thread...they may too.
RIP Trayvon Martin

Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No. She was the one with the long, dark hair who is the wife of the guy who wrote a book about what Zimmerman told him, and the two of them are "saving" the money from the book in THEIR savings account for George "after".....
"Normally", that kind of activity would have outraged the purists. No mention now.

People are funny in a hypocritical sort of way.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

There is no way in H*ll that I would want a jagoff like him in my neighborhood. Unlike the Zimmermans and Trayvon's father's girlfriend, I live in a neighborhood of single family homes where most are homeowners and many people have lived for years. There's very little turnover. Still, I don't know everyone, or their friends, and to think that one of my house guests might get shot, and, yes KILLED b/c s/he "looked like s/he were up to no good" walking home from the 7-11, is just unfathomable.

Oh, I'm not so sure you'd have a lot to worry about. Unless your house guests make a habit of assaulting your neighbors, pinning them to the ground, punching them in the face "mma style" and oh, smashing their heads into concrete. Just for watching them. A guy like Zimmerman, that cares enough about his neighborhood to form a NW and is alert enough to keep his eyes open and report suspicious activity to police, would be a great neighbor. Martin too, I guess. Unless of course your neighbors don't like their jewelry stolen or property vandalized.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Several posters on this forum could prosecute this case FAR more effectively.
But then they'd have to deal with reality, rules, witnesses and could not use the term IMO.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The defense witnesses put on Oscar winning performances today, O'Mara is an excellent coach, maybe he should try directing movies.
Oh please. The Prosecution's witnesses sound the most rehearsed and fake.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If they bring that in then I hope that the prosecutor gets off of his -ss and brings in GZ's 3 prior arrests for violence against his girlfriend and an assault on a police officer.
Charges with the GF were mutual and dropped. Police Officer didn't identify who he was and charges lessened.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
Now ladies and gentlemen I present the quintessential theorist of fantasy. Why, Good Lord why,, are there so many people interested in sending this man to jail for defending his rights to be vigilant and protect his neighborhood. The mean streets of Miamie were brought to a sleepy little suburb and this is also a part of te young immature undisciplined young mans misunderstand of the world outside his mean culture.

I am reminded of the many Westerns I watched growing up where the croud gathers at the gallows with picnic baskets waiting for the show to quench their sad lives. Then there were the Salem witch trials! I think little has changed in the evolution of man. Like the old days the community leaders lead the drive for blood lust! Hail Ceasar give the people their bread and their circus and they won't notice the theivess entering the back door. In the sad event this goes bad for Georgie Porgie, we are all in a helluva pickle to defend ourselves against the thuggery to which our culture has devolved.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, I have faith that jurors with discretion will see the discrepancies and the scales tipped in George's favor w/ regards to his whole defense being based on his own story, simply because the victim was shot and killed.
Plenty of proof George was the one following Trayvon, loaded gun, training in MMA, Gun enthusiast to the point of obsessiveness...Look at his best friends testimony...Obviously they lived for their guns.
What discrepancies? What evidence do you have of murder 2? If you have some, please give it to the state as they do not have any.

Also, none of the above you mentioned, the gun, MMA, etc, are illegal; so how is that relevant? Are you saying people should be convicted of murder because they engage in legal activities?

Quote:
Lies about his knowledge of pertinent information. George didn't say it was his screams either. George won't testify....
It is not unusual for a defendant to not testify; is this your only experience with criminal trials? That and the 5th Amendment, you against the US Constitution now?

Quote:
That is gonna stick in at least one persons craw....especially since the defense now has permission to use Trayvon's toxicology....George wasn't even tested. Someone may think....Hmmmm...maybe that is why he refused to go to the hospital that night....Lies about donated money...There are so many.
Zimmerman not being tested is not Zimmerman's fault, it is the government's fault; cannot be held against Zimmerman, so the presumption has to be made Zimmerman was clean, as the burden is on the state to prove otherwise.

Quote:
Scales of justice...visualize it...Really tipping with the negatives on George's side, discounting what many think are his advantages. imo
Also, if we can see the drama filled biased testimony for what it is....even pointed out by staunch George supporters on this thread...they may too.
RIP Trayvon Martin
Seems more than a few people have already made up their mind that Zimmerman is guilty, and craft all the evidence around this opinion, ignoring any other evidence, and lack of.

In my opinion, the state has not shown any proof that Zimmerman initiated the physical contact that evening; where is the proof that Zimmerman did? Because everything else up to that point both parties were doing was legal.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Charges with the GF were mutual and dropped. Police Officer didn't identify who he was and charges lessened.
The Police Officer George assaulted said he did show identification. But who knows.

The entire incident is described in an FBI report, which is on p. 103 of the linked pdf file.

The events that lead to the domestic violence charges are on p. 141 of this file. It is the statement from the ex-girlfriend, who said George was dominant and possessive, had a bad temper, kicked her dog, slapped her in the face for chewing gum and shoved her.

http://axiomamnesia.com/TrayvonMarti...efendant_R.pdf

Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Police Officer George assaulted said he did show identification. But who knows.

The entire incident is described in an FBI report, which is on p. 103 of the linked pdf file.

The events that lead to the domestic violence charges are on p. 141 of this file. It is the statement from the ex-girlfriend, who said George had was dominant and possessive, had a bad temper, kicked her dog, slapped her in the face for chewing gum and shoved her.

http://axiomamnesia.com/TrayvonMarti...efendant_R.pdf

He passed an FBI background check to purchase a firearm and get a Concealed Weapons and Firearms Licence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies