Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Even after today's testimony, you're sticking with the 'training in MMA,' even though he could barely beat up a punching bag.
He didn't have to be able to beat someone up....He carried. Maybe that is why he carried....because he was so lousy w/ a punching bag. Maybe terrorizing teens was the way he got his jollies, got his validation.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
GZ is a hero and Trayvon was a thug-in-training.

17,430 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, because his anger and violence emerged in his personal life. The jury will never see his accounts, but it shows that like many short-tempered people George could be nice in a work or less personal setting and then be quite nasty in their personal lives.

At work, he was apparently a great employee, even though he did get into a dispute with another employee because the guy broke the lock that George used to lock his "special" chair to his computer station at night.
And Trayvon was talking about buying a gun, being a gangsta, buying drugs, fighting, getting thrown out of his house by his mother and getting high.

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
No, because his anger and violence emerged in his personal life. The jury will never see his accounts, but it shows that like many short-tempered people George could be nice in a work or less personal setting and then be quite nasty in their personal lives.

At work, he was apparently a great employee, even though he did get into a dispute with another employee because the guy broke the lock that George used to lock his "special" chair to his computer station at night.
Did GZ posts shots of himself blowing Marijuana smoke out of his mouth, post pics of pot plants, post video feed of street fighting, post on FB about buying Codine or DMX? Like TM did?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
And what is your belief of what happened now?
My opinion is that both parties were doing nothing illegal up to the point of physical contact, or inciting contact.

There is no evidence Zimmerman started the physical contact, or incited such that solicited a physical response from Martin.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM

17,430 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Did GZ posts shots of himself blowing Marijuana smoke out of his mouth, post pics of pot plants, post video feed of street fighting, post on FB about buying Codine or DMX? Like TM did?

Jinx, you owe me a soda.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Imagine buying his story, acquitting him....then finding out the truth. No matter what happens, this is not the last we've heard of this defendant....You might expect a rebellious teen to have some questionable postings, but a grown man, with apparent advantages in life...from a family with a judge and an uncle that appears to be an upstanding citizen...this stuff smacks of psycho.
The fact that people have had 16 months to get the correct facts and some people are still calling his dad a judge makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

These threads help me understand how Obama got re-elected. Some people aren't interested in knowing the truth, they prefer the false emotional narrative.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Other than her lying and not being respectful in court, I thought it was very rude for people commenting all over the Internet about her looks, thick neck, some calling her Precious, etc. Totally uncalled for.
I had trouble understanding her, but wasn't surprised after listening to her interview w/Bernie. Her looks, irrelevant. Honestly, with some questions lawyers ask, I want the witness to say, what a stupid question.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Once I read the ex-girlfriend's account, he had the classic abusive person's behavior profile. Domineering, controlling, jealous, and ultimately physically violent with her. And I know the report only gives her account, but in his Myspace comments above it sounds like he used clever legal maneuvers to as he says "break her" in order to avoid domestic violence charges.

Plus no matter if the criminal charges were dropped to misdemeanors, he did shove a police officer and resist arrest. Those are not the actions of a passive non-violent person.
You know what I have heard, with my own ears, law enforcement say about DV? "We try not to get involved because, usually the woman pulls back and drops charges or ends up defending the husband/boyfriend even after the emergency call."

GZ's GF did drop charges. You can go back and listen to O'Mara talk about charges being dropped. So, don't get all emotional over DV. Check out the GF and find out why she dropped charges?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He didn't have to be able to beat someone up....He carried. Maybe that is why he carried....because he was so lousy w/ a punching bag. Maybe terrorizing teens was the way he got his jollies, got his validation.
Why? Did he have a history of terrorizing teens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies