Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, I have faith that jurors with discretion will see the discrepancies and the scales tipped in George's favor w/ regards to his whole defense being based on his own story, simply because the victim was shot and killed.
Plenty of proof George was the one following Trayvon, loaded gun, training in MMA, Gun enthusiast to the point of obsessiveness...Look at his best friends testimony...Obviously they lived for their guns. Lies about his knowledge of pertinent information. George didn't say it was his screams either. George won't testify....
That is gonna stick in at least one persons craw....especially since the defense now has permission to use Trayvon's toxicology....George wasn't even tested. Someone may think....Hmmmm...maybe that is why he refused to go to the hospital that night....Lies about donated money...There are so many.
Scales of justice...visualize it...Really tipping with the negatives on George's side, discounting what many think are his advantages. imo
Also, if we can see the drama filled biased testimony for what it is....even pointed out by staunch George supporters on this thread...they may too.
RIP Trayvon Martin
Well said!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It was, but George's one friend, the one who's always on TV,suggested Trayvon punched George before he could say that, although George has never made that comment to the police. But he had 3 opportunities: when he first saw Trayvon, when Trayvon approached his truck, and then when they finally encountered each other for the last time.

Apparently at least one of George's windows on his truck was down, because he described how he rolled up the windows as Trayvon approached. Sure, if you're so scared, roll them up but allow an inch at the top, and yell out "I'm with Neighborhood Watch? Do you live here?" --- would have taken all of 2 seconds.
Now that's odd, isn't it? Didn't the conversation end up with (according to GZ anyway) TM saying " “Well now you have a problem.”

Obviously, if that was said by TM, common sense dictates that GZ, did in fact, have to deny that he had a problem in the first place and in that amount of time, GZ could have, in the same breath, tell TM who he was . GZ's friend is either lying or confused and Zimmerman threw away the chance to defuse a situation that need not have turned deadly.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-08-2013 at 11:38 PM..

Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe tomorrow we can match gz's Myspace against tm's texts and pics in a contest of who comes off worse and more dangerous.
Trayvon Martin would be a teen, whereas George Zimmerman is an adult.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly who is threatening violence and riots if Zimmerman is acquitted? Apparently I didn't get that memo from who ever "they" are in your fear-mongering life.
Do you have a Twitter account?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly who is threatening violence and riots if Zimmerman is acquitted? Apparently I didn't get that memo from who ever "they" are in your fear-mongering life.

SAD TIME!!! Liberal Youth pre-plan riots if Zimmerman Found Not Guilty – Check out Social Media Messages |

Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 PM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Trayvon Martin would be a teen, whereas George Zimmerman is an adult.
I agree with you here. It's as if many posters here don't give allowance for the difference in age between the two. If we all look back at the stages of growth in our lives, and the changes, concessions, naiveté, know-it-all attitudes, as well as our time believing that our wildest dreams are possible into the time that we settled into a "regular" life; then Trayvon Martin deserves a lot slack in regard to incriminating photos or +marijuana tests.

At the end of the day, Trayvon was a kid, so he shouldn't be judged as if he had the judgement of an adult, because he didn't.

*Again, not saying that Zimmerman was guilty, but allowances should be made where fair as far as character is concerned. The fact that Zimmerman is on trial does not mean that Trayvon wasn't a kid.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
I agree with you here. It's as if many posters here don't give allowance for the difference in age between the two. If we all look back at the stages of growth in our lives, and the changes, concessions, naiveté, know-it-all attitudes, as well as our time believing that our wildest dreams are possible into the time that we settled into a "regular" life; then Trayvon Martin deserves a lot slack in regard to incriminating photos or +marijuana tests.

At the end of the day, Trayvon was a kid, so he shouldn't be judged as if he had the judgement of an adult, because he didn't.

*Again, not saying that Zimmerman was guilty, but allowances should be made where fair as far as character is concerned. The fact that Zimmerman is on trial does not mean that Trayvon wasn't a kid.
And how many young adults do you know that respect older adults?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Mainstream Media Race Hustling has Put George Zimmerman on Trial

The mainstream media did not handle that call responsibly, at all. Instead of airing the call as it was made on the night of February 26, NBC News deceptively edited it to make it appear that Zimmerman targeted Martin because the teen was black.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
And how many young adults do you know that respect older adults?
The vast majority. Why, how many do you think?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post

This is what I have been saying for a while, too, and I use my own boys as examples (I have five boys ranging from 18 to almost 38). There is a huge difference in how they think and their world experiences, even between the 18-year-old, who just graduated high school, started his first job, and is looking for an apartment, and the almost 23-year-old, who has been a self-supporting adult for the last four years and who just bought his first home.

There was an eleven year age difference between Trayvon and Zimmerman and I find it difficult to understand why so many give Zimmerman a pass for the poor choices he made that night while holding Trayvon responsible for what happened (he should have run home, he should have called 9-1-1, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies