Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
^ This. Exactly.

How many times have people popped into this thread to spew inaccuracies that were debunked months ago?

Heck, how many current posters STILL say things like, "well, GZ's dad was a judge!"

My spouse works with a guy who to this day says GZ should get life for killing that little boy.

If GZ is found not guilty and there are riots, it's the media who will have blood on their hands.
If George's Father wasn't a Judge...Than it is just another example of George's lies. " Zimmerman writes that his “father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the supreme court (sic) of Virginia"

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz2YYXVnZ7i
Here is a link...Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate

Last edited by JanND; 07-09-2013 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: link

Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Zimmerman isn't going to testify, he doesn't need to.
And I have a feeling if GZ was going to testify, we would be hearing that he shouldn't be allowed to because Trayvon can't.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How many posters still think:

Trayvon was going to rob the 7-11 (this despite taped evidence showing him PAYING for his purchases)

Trayvon was carrying a "Slim-Jim"

Jewelry found in Trayvon's backpack when he was at school in Miami was traced to a burglary in Sanford, implying he had robbed homes in Sanford previously.
Not seen much discussion on these issues here.

BTW, did they ever try to find out where that Jewelry came from and why he had a Flat Blade screwdriver in his backpack ?

Did you know Flat Blade screwdrivers found on suspects are considered "Burglary Tools" ?
It can be used as evidence of a crime.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
There are not OTHER reasons, their is one reason. Zimmerman's lies would be exposed by cross examination. The defense knows it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No. It will show that you can set someone up, PROVOKE them and then shoot and legally kill them by claiming you acted in self defense.
Nothing like prejudging.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
If George's Father wasn't a Judge...Than it is just another example of George's lies.
Here is a link...Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate
a magistrate is a very low level assistant judge.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
This guy is horrible to listen to.
He's a computer animation nerd. He's doing his best.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
A question. What if one of your boys when he was 20 or 21 years old had problems with the law. Say mutual restraining orders with a gf and a runin with an underover cop at a bar. Signs of an anger management problem that he went to classes to resolve.

That boy is now 28 years-old and accused of murder. Would you think that 'past history of violence' and 'criminal record' is an indicator that he would commit the murder he's accused of 7 years later ?
I know the question wasn't directed to me, but that's a good question.

I don't know if it means anything for this court of law, but personally, yes, I would think it's significant that a 21 year old had a history of domestic violence, and assaulted a cop and resisted arrest, because it's a history of violence, perhaps not severe violence, but it does indicate something. Let's admit it, most people don't have personal histories like that.

If 7 years later I found out this person was accused of murder, I would be less surprised than if someone had no documented history of violence.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not seen much discussion on these issues here.

BTW, did they ever try to find out where that Jewelry came from and why he had a Flat Blade screwdriver in his backpack ?

Did you know Flat Blade screwdrivers found on suspects are considered "Burglary Tools" ?
It can be used as evidence of a crime.
I posted yesterday what was uncovered by a FOIA request. Miami police connected the jewelry taken from Trayvon to homes that were burglarized near his school there after a detective noticed some jewelry sitting on the evidence shelves but never reported by the school that it came from Trayvon.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Nothing like prejudging.
Yep. Good point. That is exactly why George is on trial....prejudging...And the actions he took after doing that.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yep. Good point. That is exactly why George is on trial....prejudging...And the actions he took after doing that.
George judged right too. That jewelry that was taken from Trayvon turned out to be stolen property from homes a mile from his school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies