Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, I understand that Zimmerman is entitled to the best defense possible. However, the animation and Root's testimony are largely based on Zimmerman's stories. It seems questionable that they have to rely on evidence that comes from a source that is purely self-serving. It reminds me of the days when a female could be raped, and if she brought charges against the offender she'd be subject to questions about how she usually dressed, how often did she have sex, etc. If your defense case is strong, it wouldn't be necessary to try to assassinate the character of the victim.

If the States case was strong, they wouldn't have a problem with evidence that showed Martin participated in fights.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Yes, I understand that Zimmerman is entitled to the best defense possible. However, the animation and Root's testimony are largely based on Zimmerman's stories. It seems questionable that they have to rely on evidence that comes from a source that is purely self-serving. It reminds me of the days when a female could be raped, and if she brought charges against the offender she'd be subject to questions about how she usually dressed, how often did she have sex, etc. If your defense case is strong, it wouldn't be necessary to try to assassinate the character of the victim.

What else could they possible base it on? There is only one side of the store here, so that is what they have to go with. Whiteness/story's are all biased based off of what side they are testifying for. You dont think Dee Dee's testimony was biased and self serving?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Root says close-range gunshot by GZ doesn't show ill-will, hatred, spite toward TM.

Root says it's best to take general statement from shooter early, then give delay before detailed statement.
How on earth can he say that about someone he's never met?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So what? He's dead.
I'm aware of that, I'm pretty sure everyone else here is aware of that as well.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He should work for a hospital where he can diagnosis people purely on how they look in a photo. That could save a lot of testing and money.
He could join forces with so-called Dr. Rao.

What a pair!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Excellent points you make today. If I might add, anyone in any neighborhood that sees someone they think looks out of place or suspicious? I don't personally think it's prudent to go over and introduce yourself and try to engage in smalltalk.

If I had seen TM that night, a darker and rainy night, I would have stayed in my vehicle and on the call. It's a big world out there, and an unpredictable one. Some unsuspecting neighborhood watch person some night, may do exactly what GZ did that night. Better to wait for law enforcement rather than test out how lucky you are that night. A crowbar in the face would suck, as would a bullet.

I just hope this incident doesn't make others that are also "fed up" any braver.
At 7 p.m. at night, if I'd seen Trayvon in my condo complex, I would have done absolutely nothing. I've seen kids in hoodies before....Now maybe someone skulking around at 4 a.m., different story.

In fact, any time I saw new unknown teens in my complex, I'd usually wave at them and they always waved back. I'm friendly.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good discussion of legal concealled carry right now. Particularly when it's OK to draw a gun, carry with a round in the chamber and how IWB holsters are common.
Yes, because it just makes George's story that Martin saw the gun that much less believable. It was concealed inside of his pants, under his jacket in the back he was supposedly laying on.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How on earth can he say that about someone he's never met?
Yet you believe the opposite of someone you never met

Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:

Just what does that have to do with this case?

Again, it's the defense attorney's job to get his client off. And this animation is a useful way to summarize their version of events in a way that the jury can see and understand, perhaps putting themselves in the defendant's position. Why would they not use that tool?

Flip side, why didn't (or doesn't) the prosecution, with their virtually unlimited resources, do the same? Put together an animation showing their version of events, based upon the testimony they would like to "promote" or have make an impression with the jury? Could it be that they couldn't put together an animation that fit their version of events? Or what story would they like to present?

Honestly, I really look forward to it. Put it together "real time" with overlays of the various NEN and 911 calls. It would go a long way to clairify the timeline vs the actual distances and locations we're talking about.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Ut Oh...Witness states George's frustrations expressed by fing punks, a--holes does not express ill will, malice or intent....Just George's frustrations about all the "others that got away"

Love the Prosecutor questions so far!!
Wasn't other options in approaching the state in the same way??? So, He could have gone either way??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies