Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Pretty sure, I'm doing what you are: living an ORDERLY life.
I guess they are getting their panties in a bunch over the closing arguments, so they want to verbally attack "the Blacks" again. They are still upset that a Black teenager's parents loved him sooo much that they were wiling to move mountains to see justice served for their son. I hope there are no riots, but these people are quite hypocritical to advocate vigilantism against a teenager who wasn't doing anything wrong, then to turn around and call another group of people feral animals for their vigilantism. When "the Blacks" do it, they're animals. No point in wasting your time defending "the Blacks" to people who view us as subhuman. They'd be upset if GZ killed a dog, but since it's a Black teenager, they can crack jokes, call him a thug and LOL.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Please see the Thread title. We are here to discuss the trial.

If you want to talk Blacks / Whites rioting or world problems, take it somewhere else.

Do us a favor and stay with the trial.
It's very much on topic. Someone suggested that blacks would riot if Zimmerman is found not guilty and how that looks bad in the black community.

Absolutely relevant to the trial (and its outcome). But I can see why you want to change the topic.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I guess they are getting their panties in a bunch over the closing arguments, so they want to verbally attack "the Blacks" again. They are still upset that a Black teenager's parents loved him sooo much that they were wiling to move mountains to see justice served for their son. I hope there are no riots, but these people are quite hypocritical to advocate vigilantism against a teenager who wasn't doing anything wrong, then to turn around and call another group of people feral animals for their vigilantism. When "the Blacks" do it, they're animals. No point in wasting your time defending "the Blacks" to people who view us as subhuman. They'd be upset if GZ killed a dog, but since it's a Black teenager, they can crack jokes, call him a thug and LOL.
Exactly. The only thing they think Zimmerman could have been charged with is littering. Trayvon Martin's life meant nothing to them.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Who slammed whose head into a sidewalk? There was no confirmation of that. Who was high on dope? Nobody tested Zimmerman - why not? - and the toxicology tests on Martin confirmed only that he had a small amount of THC in his system.
Zimmerman had his head slammed into the sidewalk, you have proof otherwise? The burden is on the state to prove guilt, not for Zimmerman to prove innocence; where is the proof Martin was not responsible for slamming Zimmerman's head?

The police messed up by not getting tests on Zimmerman, that is not Zimmerman's fault, nor can it be held against him.

That small amount of THC is enough to state a person does drugs; a person can get fired for having that amount in them, kicked from the military, or put back in jail if on parole.

Quote:
You have no idea whether or not Zimmerman was high on dope or anything else. We do know that Zimmerman had active prescriptions for psychoactive drugs.
It does not matter if anyone knows; point is there was no testing, so it cannot be held against him. If Zimmerman has a prescription, was he on them when this occurred? Is he allowed to possess a firearm and drive while on this drug?

Quote:
Who says Zimmerman used his gun in the right way? Oh, that's right - Zimmerman said it. I guess that's all we need to know.
I have no idea, you may be right or wrong, but I did not hear this in court.

Quote:
George Zimmerman is not, was not, and has never been a cop. For some reason, apologists for racist murderers can't seem to comprehend that.
Who said he was a cop? Also, the only racism in this case was from Martin's mouth when he referred to Zimmerman as a "cracker"; where is Zimmerman's racist remarks towards Martin?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Bingo. If they don't do exactly that, and also make the jury aware just how long the assault went on, I would be amazed. We hear George screaming for over a minute as he's being pummeled...ask the jury to imagine someone punching them in the face and slamming their head on the concrete while the tape is playing. Have the foam dummy there, straddle it and punch away with that tape on. Then ask them how long they would let the assault continue if they could stop it. IMO, that should be the last thing the defense does, so the jury goes away with that image in their minds.
Hey! No blood on Trayvon's hands.

Too bad the rain didn't wash away all the blood on Zimmerman.

The rain only seems to favor black people.

Zimmerman had blood all over his ridiculous head and hands and gun - most likely he DID pummel himself, I mean from what the evidence shows.

Zimmerman has blood on his hands to this day.

Trayvon's blood.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Of course not. I have never, ever witnessed whites rioting over a sports event, or anything else.

You seem to think there have been such things. How many were killed? How many homes burned? How many stores looted?

None?

That's what I thought.
So because you didn't witness the riots, they didn't happen? Just an FYI: Google is a big help in learning about these things.

And I won't do your research for you. But continue to live in your bubble of deluded perfection in the white community.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree. The most upsetting thing about this whole case for me is how folks are making a mockery of Trayvon's death. No matter how you feel about what happened that night or whether or not you feel Zimmerman is being railroaded, there's no need to attack Trayvon, Rachel Jeantel and/or his parents.

There's no need to make light of his death. He was not a pedophile, mass murderer and/or depraved person. He was a teen with behavioral issues (not a foreign concept with teens), who was killed. No matter the hows and whys, this is a death to be mourned, not mocked.

But I agree with you, those who wish to think ill of black people won't be moved. And while I also hope there are no riots, perhaps the buffoons rioting will collide with the buffoon racists and we can eradicate both from this world.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
I'm a wannabee Olympian athlete, but I don't want to give up smoking.

Can I do both?

If I don't give up smoking AND become an Olympian athlete, wouldn't that show that I am a Super Athlete?

I think Zimmerman asked and answered this kind of question to himself.

He chose to be a Super Cop!

Along the same line, this might be why some liberals believe Obama to be a Super President.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Of course not. I have never, ever witnessed whites rioting over a sports event, or anything else.

You seem to think there have been such things. How many were killed? How many homes burned? How many stores looted?

None?

That's what I thought.
That was sarcasm right.

Vancouver Riot 2011 With Fights and Looters - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KN21PSCATI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOXiQToz64

Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Exactly. The only thing they think Zimmerman could have been charged with is littering. Trayvon Martin's life meant nothing to them.
Every life means something. Sadly Trayvon's was being squandered away and taken in by thug culture. Cell phone full of fighting messages and photos of guns, eroding performance in school, drug use, making "lean" from his little 7 Eleven jaunt, calling Zimmerman names, beating a man up to be tough......sadly, the thug lifestyle is what caused his life to end. Quite sad really. The jury should find Zimmerman not guilty....the true criminals are the ones in the black community who perpetuate the thug lifestyle with outcomes like this.

Let's hope the jury sees this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies