Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times

Advertisements

Obama administration put pressure on liberal judge...

http://www.infowars.com/judge-in-zimmerman-case-pressured-by-obama-administration/

How corrupt can scumbag Obama possibly be? If GZ is found guilty, it must be appealed...

Old 07-11-2013, 05:01 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Gosh! you're right. It wasn't two days...IT WAS THREE!!!

There appear to be many glaring errors on the part of the police department including, his parents say, the fact that police failed to identify their son more quickly.

Trayvon was reported missing by his mother, yet his body was left in the morgue for three days classified as “John Doe,” ABC News reports. This report conflicts with an interview PEOPLE did with Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin - see below.

According to the ABC News article, the family said officers didn’t bother to ask neighbors if they recognized Trayvon, who had been staying with his father who lives in the neighborhood where he was shot.

Trayvon Martin in morgue 3 days as 'John Doe' after mom reported him missing - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com

Seems that there is some conflict, but the point is that his parents filed a missing person report. He was not an orphan that no one was concerned about and he did have a home to go home to with people that loved him.

The body was identified on the 27th, the morning after the shooting.

Quote:
Martin's body was taken to the morgue, where he was tagged as a John
Doe
as he was not carrying any identification.[SIZE=2][22][/SIZE] Martin's father,
Tracy Martin, called to file a Missing Persons report early on February 27 and
police officers arrived at his fiancée's condo with photographs of his dead son
about 9:20 am.[SIZE=2][22][/SIZE][SIZE=2][110][/SIZE]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Trayvon Martin Shooting Fast Facts - CNN.com

Old 07-11-2013, 05:03 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good question. Do you also have a backpack full of stolen jewelry?
One thing that really bugs me about the internet now is that there are too many people that know how to rig it. For example, if you do a search for some hot issue, you'll find that very same sentence duplicated in many blogs and sites for pages and pages of Google searches. They know how to distribute quickly, and in volume. Not to get OT, but in the Newtown shootings, at one time I was trying to find out the turth as to whether an AR-15 was used or not. Pages upon pages headlined

NBC Admitted .........

Google this ar-15 not used in newtown shootings

to this day, I believe the nefarious blog headlines dominate, although less than they did before. I think many people are getting information this way, and the mediums used are more than delighted to polluter your brain with pure bunk. It's no different in this case.

So given what I've read, I'm not ready to throw Trayvon's reputation under the bus as of yet. He may very well have been headed downhill, some evidence points to it. Maybe his dad or someone would have reset that attitude. But let's all be far more suspicious of our sources, and question them, and find multiple sources to verify information. I think it's the only fair way to do it. I hate posting incorrect information, and try like heck to correct it if I do.

That should be a sticky on every web site.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Years ago, when we had a notorious bad guy sighted in our neighborhood, for a while at night I walked around with a big knife that looked something like this in my pocket. It was the type of military knife that goes on the end of a bayonet. awkward.

That was just for a while. My usual protection when running at night was a box-cutter in my pocket. I guess that makes me a future terrorist.

A Kabar is quite the blade to carry around! I love my folding Benchmade, very much a quality piece.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama administration put pressure on liberal judge...

http://www.infowars.com/judge-in-zimmerman-case-pressured-by-obama-administration/

How corrupt can scumbag Obama possibly be? If GZ is found guilty, it must be appealed...
You're actually buying something posted by Alex Jones? How gullible can one possibly be?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
One thing that really bugs me about the internet now is that there are too many people that know how to rig it. For example, if you do a search for some hot issue, you'll find that very same sentence duplicated in many blogs and sites for pages and pages of Google searches. They know how to distribute quickly, and in volume. Not to get OT, but in the Newtown shootings, at one time I was trying to find out the turth as to whether an AR-15 was used or not. Pages upon pages headlined

NBC Admitted .........

to this day, I believe the nefarious blog headlines dominate, although less than they did before. I think many people are getting information this way, and the mediums used are more than delighted to polluter your brain with pure bunk. It's no different in this case.

So given what I've read, I'm not ready to throw Trayvon's reputation under the bus as of yet. He may very well have been headed downhill, some evidence points to it. Maybe his dad or someone would have reset that attitude. But let's all be far more suspicious of our sources, and question them, and find multiple sources to verify information. I think it's the only fair way to do it. I hate posting incorrect information, and try like heck to correct it if I do.

Good points.

That's why I find it far more credible to learn that Trayvon had mostly A's and B's from an actual school teacher, quoted and identified by name in a reputable newspaper, than some far-right website claiming, with no source cited whatsoever, that he had missed 53 days of school.

Also there is a big difference being being a teenager who screws up occasionally and being a thug.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post

NBC Admitted .........

Honestly, what either of them did before the night in question matters very little. Neither Trayvon's suspensions or possession of stolen property or Zimmerman's bar fight and poor grades in community college. What matters is who struck first, and who assaulted who. And if Z was "reasonably in fear for his life or great bodily harm". And even at that, we have two lives ruined.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Yo YO a person doesn't have to have a gun to inflict deadly damage by slamming their head into the concrete sidewalk while high on dope...Martin jumped on and my man Zimmerman got him to "jump back off" lol note zimmerman was not high on dope. The local "community" needs to worry more about the guns being used in the wrong way than to try and send a man to jail who has used one in the right way. If you jump on a cop and start slamming his head into the concrete sidewalk I do think he will as a last resort use his weapon............thats is what zimmerman did...case dismissed
I know this "cop" issue has been responed to, but I want to add MY voice to those "myth busters" who say, "Zimmerman was no cop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
White Canadians will fix their hockey riots as soon as all the Black Africans and Blacks in South America fix their soccer riots and stampedes...and stuff like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Of course not. I have never, ever witnessed whites rioting over a sports event, or anything else.

You seem to think there have been such things. How many were killed? How many homes burned? How many stores looted?

None?

That's what I thought.
Maybe you should read this. Since most won't, I'll quote a few relevancies:

The Broncos won the Super Bowl in 1998, and the swath of destruction in Denver was likened to the path of a tornado. Phillies fans went berserk following the 2008 World Series, giving new meaning to the phrase Broad Street bullies. Lakers Nation went bonkers after last year's NBA Finals, burning LAPD squad cars.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6...-riot-big-wins

I recall the riots in Denver. I don't know if any homes burned, but I know some cars did.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-11-2013 at 05:31 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Good points.

That's why I find it far more credible to learn that Trayvon had mostly A's and B's from an actual school teacher, quoted and identified by name in a reputable newspaper, than some far-right website claiming, with no source cited whatsoever, that he had missed 53 days of school.

Also there is a big difference being being a teenager who screws up occasionally and being a thug.

I'm willing to give you the 53 days of school issue, I find the sources pretty suspicious, often quoting the same verbage. I'm more concerned about the vandalizing and stolen property, which is reported in several, generally reliable (as much as the MSM is) news sources.

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Police investigated Trayvon Martin over jewelry - Boston.com

Trayvon Martin: Miami-Dade Police Investigated Slain Teen Over Jewelry Found In Backpack At School

I find them at least as believable than ONE article that was written with input from Martin's parents, says he weighed 140 lbs and that Zimmerman was 100 pounds heavier at the time of the shooting. You see, I actually read the links you provide.

Though, in honest, none of that matters. Tragic situation all the way around.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly, what either of them did before the night in question matters very little. Neither Trayvon's suspensions or possession of stolen property or Zimmerman's bar fight and poor grades in community college. What matters is who struck first, and who assaulted who. And if Z was "reasonably in fear for his life or great bodily harm". And even at that, we have two lives ruined.
I agree that grades,suspensions, and most other history is not relevant for either of them.

But since we only have George's version of things, and this case involved violence, I think that knowing if either of them had a history of assault or violence is somewhat important.

In this case, George's history of assault was not brought up in court, because I believe that the previous criminal charges or convictions against a defendant are not allowed to be mentioned to the jury because it would be prejudicial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies