Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
But George had no knowledge of Trayvon whatsoever. He didn't know that Trayvon had jewellry in his backpack found at his school in Miami.

And Trayvon was not engaging in any criminal behavior that night, even the defense concedes this.

LOL, 16 months and the game never changes. Claim over and over things that are wrong. And when you are proven wrong, say, "Well that didn't matter any way."

Why are we suddenly being inundated with March-May 2012 articles with info that was proven to be false a long time ago? So many people are posting details that are known lies at this point.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The one thing I can see causing them to vote guilty is peer pressure. The fear they will be labeled racist for a not guilty verdict. No evidence or testimony was strong enough to convict GZ. IMO.
The lies have it!

Considering that the lies would stand, on acquittal, the jurors would be accessory.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sorry. I couldn't go any further than the first "fact":

Timeline:
February 26, 2012 -
George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Florida, calls 911 to report "a suspicious person" in the neighborhood. He is instructed not to get out of his SUV or approach the person.

This is simply NOT true, period.

God, I get sick of lies and stupid people. Why do people swallow this crap? The tape has been played a bazillion times. Why, why, why does this crap get printed?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The prosecution made some valid points, but alas they choked throughout the trial. I firmly believe that it was a needless shooting. That said lack of evidence means they will acquit.
lolol. Valid points like "the gun was overloaded"?

There were no valid points in the closing. It was pure comedy gold.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
You know this case makes me very very sad! I am a white Hispanic that looks very Anglo, my cousin is a white Hispanic that has a African/white mixed father and he looks Arabic because of the make up, his kids one daughter looks Hispanic, his son looks like me fair skin, blonde.

I look at this case as a tragedy, nothing more! how many times in the heat of the moment we have regretted things, actions, words?!

I think based on seeing the trial there is reasonable doubt on both sides, I see Trayvon's parents and I have a 19 year old son and I genuinely feel sad for them, I see GZ and honestly believe he feared for his life. This is a sad case of a confrontation getting outta hand.

For me taking emotion out of this and just taking evidence at the moment of the gun shot, GZ is not guilty of second degree murder, manslaughter is a little iffy.

I would hate to be one of the mothers on this jury because I know myself I would take everything in, I would not be surprised if this is a hung jury.

That being said, can we all just cut off the this side or other side rudeness and base why we think the jury will rule one way or the other based on what we have listened to to trial? That is the main reason for this thread anyway.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I think we can all gain something, by just sticking to the case.
And the bolded, underlined statement is all you need to know. Nothing else matters. Fortunately, GZ had the means to neutralize that which was causing him to fear for his life.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sorry. I couldn't go any further than the first "fact":

Timeline:
February 26, 2012 -
George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Florida, calls 911 to report "a suspicious person" in the neighborhood. He is instructed not to get out of his SUV or approach the person.

This is simply NOT true, period.

God, I get sick of lies and stupid people. Why do people swallow this crap? The tape has been played a bazillion times. Why, why, why does this crap get printed?
CNN has continued that same lie for well over a year, long after it was known to be a lie. One reason I expect you'll see their acronym change to ZNN one of these days.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:

You really would think a prosecuting attorney would be a little less ignorant about firearms, wouldn't you?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:

LOL the guy was a nut job.
The valid point I actually agreed with.
If GZ was so afraid of TM then why did he get out of his vehicle and follow him?
The obvious answer is he wasn't at the time. He only became afraid when he got knocked on his azz.
We have gone round and round on this and I have no desire for a rehash given the fact that I actually don't care either way what the verdict will be.
Events like this one make me happy and grateful to live where I do. No neighborhood snitches, no chronic break ins and 19 year old seniors can generally verbalize a thought.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Call it personal biased. I believe in a safe weapon. Thats why I like a 1911. It won't go bang unless you really want it to. There are many double action pistols that use an external safety The S&W mod 645 for example. Hated the one I had. horrible trigger. It would clear the door but if you needed to shoot tight you might as well throw it at the target.
Honestly, I used to feel the same way a few years ago, when I started carrying. I grew up with rifles and shotguns, always carried with the safety on. I wasn't comfortable with a handgun w/o one. My first CCW gun was a Witness .40, carried condition one (hammer back, safety on) like a 1911. I eventually upgraded to a 1911 compact. As I got more comfortable with CCW, I became less concerned. A "switch" isn't what makes a handgun safe or not, the operator does. And a 1911 is a big chunk of stainless to carry. My most recent handgun is a M&P Shield, carried "no safety". No different than how millions of police carry their Glocks every day.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
And the bolded, underlined statement is all you need to know. Nothing else matters. Fortunately, GZ had the means to neutralize that which was causing him to fear for his life.
He also created or at least initialized the event that caused him to feel the need to shoot. No one knows what led to the first punch. GZ certainly put TM on edge at the very least.
No one knows why TM didn't call 911, or run home.
That night 2 people lacked a lick of common sense.
Following people around at night isn't the smartest thing in the world to do, especially when you believe they are a criminal. Call the cops and let them do their jobs.
The point is moot because some believe it is acceptable to behave in this manner and some of us dont and we will never agree.
I understand that following someone isn't illegal. I also understand that some people might take it personally. I also understand that fights happen over less. Why invite it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies