Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
An unidentified, off duty police officer purportedly attacked a friend of Zimmermans. How does standing up for a friend make a neighborhood less safe? In fact, he was doing the same there as he was with NW, attempting to defend a weaker person from an attack.

I find it amazing how many of those that are always so quick to attack the police in other threads, are so quick to support an out-of-uniform, off duty officer in this case.
Yeah, Zimmie! The strong silent type.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Has any evidence been put forth that GZ expected there to be a physical confrontation when he got out of the car while talking on the phone with dispatch?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If acquitted though Zimmerman will still be alive. He'll still be able to feel the sun on his face, enjoy a meal, even have kids if he wants, and heck, he can go get some plastic surgery, change his last name, and move to Idaho if he wants. His life is not over, Trayvon's is.

Zimmerman brought this on himself the moment he profiled Trayvon and got out of that truck, and he took a life; my sympathy level for him is pretty low.
I said his family. You think he's going through this alone?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Has any evidence been put forth that GZ expected there to be a physical confrontation when he got out of the car while talking on the phone with dispatch?
Yes.

He carried an "unworking" flashlight and a gun.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He:

1. Got out of his vehicle to check for an address. At that point, he didn't know where Trayvon had gone.
2. He wasn't afraid of him until he bashed in his face.

Why, oh why, is something so simple so difficult for some to comprehend?

Seriously stuck on something!
Even if GZ were trying to catch up with TM, if TM did not want to be caught he wouldn't have been, unless he wanted to. TM could have outrun GZ even if GZ were triplets and running as a relay to chase down one TM.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If acquitted though Zimmerman will still be alive. He'll still be able to feel the sun on his face, enjoy a meal, even have kids if he wants, and heck, he can go get some plastic surgery, change his last name, and move to Idaho if he wants. His life is not over, Trayvon's is.

Zimmerman brought this on himself the moment he profiled Trayvon and got out of that truck, and he took a life; my sympathy level for him is pretty low.
And what I find especially appalling is that he will still be able to legally possess a firearm (if acquitted).

Personally, from what I have seen (such as his behavior in the Hannity interview), I doubt very much that he feels he did anything wrong that night ("god's plan" and all that), and with all the support he's gotten from the NRA and racists, I suspect he will come out of this seeing himself as something of a martyr.

A martyr with a gun.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He also created or at least initialized the event that caused him to feel the need to shoot. No one knows what led to the first punch. GZ certainly put TM on edge at the very least.
No one knows why TM didn't call 911, or run home.
That night 2 people lacked a lick of common sense.
Following people around at night isn't the smartest thing in the world to do, especially when you believe they are a criminal. Call the cops and let them do their jobs.
The point is moot because some believe it is acceptable to behave in this manner and some of us dont and we will never agree.
I understand that following someone isn't illegal. I also understand that some people might take it personally. I also understand that fights happen over less. Why invite it?
No, he didn't. He was trying to report an address to 911. Period. Deal with it!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
George Zimmerman's story (and multiple lies) do not add up.

GZ stated that TM jumped out the bushes and attacked him....there are NO bushes in that area at all

GZ claimed that TM grabbed his gun....TM's fingerprints were not on the gun

GZ told the police that his gun was in his back and that TM was straddling him at his armpits....this would have made it IMPOSSIBLE for TM to know that he had a gun let alone grab his gun

The only way that TM saw the gun was because GZ pulled his weapon on TM and threatened him. Upon seeing that gun TM naturally fought for his life.

George Zimmerman may have killed the only other witness to his crime...but God is watching.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Even if GZ were trying to catch up with TM, if TM did not want to be caught he wouldn't have been, unless he wanted to. TM could have outrun GZ even if GZ were triplets and running as a relay to chase down one TM.
Exactly.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No, he didn't. He was trying to report an address to 911.
No he wasn't!

He was doing quite the opposite, in fact.

He told them, I won't call you, you call me.

Until then, stay out of sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies