Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Very true, and I don't think anyone said he was. At worst, he was engaging in "suspicious" behavior, standing on someone's front yard, in the dark, in the rain, staring at the house, or in the windows. I mean, if it were raining as hard as witnesses claim, most people I know would walk home rather quickly and get out of the rain. Other than perhaps trespassing if he was in the yard rather than on the public sidewalk, everything there is perfectly legal. Even though legal, it would still be considered suspicious by a good many homeowners though. And if you were to describe that situation to most cops...I'm guessing they'd consider it a bit suspicious as well.
Don't believe everything Zimmerman says.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:45 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Because she changed her story.

And she lied ... about nearly everything.

I believe she knows A LOT about what happened. And that's why she's reluctant to testify, to talk to the Fultons, to rehash anything and everything that happened that night.

And I believe she feels a lot of guilt over that night as well.
She lied about her age and the reason she didn't attend the funeral, neither of which has anything to do with the trial, quit exaggerating.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly, what either of them did before the night in question matters very little. Neither Trayvon's suspensions or possession of stolen property or Zimmerman's bar fight and poor grades in community college. What matters is who struck first, and who assaulted who. And if Z was "reasonably in fear for his life or great bodily harm". And even at that, we have two lives ruined.
Zimmerman created a hostile walking environment.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
She lied about her age and the reason she didn't attend the funeral, neither of which has anything to do with the trial, quit exaggerating.
She lied about her name, her age and said she was in the hospital.

I'm exaggerating? What kind of world do you live in?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Because she changed her story.

And she lied ... about nearly everything.

I believe she knows A LOT about what happened. And that's why she's reluctant to testify, to talk to the Fultons, to rehash anything and everything that happened that night.

And I believe she feels a lot of guilt over that night as well.
No one can fault a 19 year old girl for being reluctant to testify since it could open her up to ridicule and in fact, it did! She was totally believable because her story lined up with the timeline and geography of the area. If she wanted to embellish her story, she had the chance to do so, but she didn't. She did not have to admit that TM called GZ a derogatory name, but she did. She was not a prosecuters dream witness, but she was real and told it as she heard it.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I agree. The most upsetting thing about this whole case for me is how folks are making a mockery of Trayvon's death. No matter how you feel about what happened that night or whether or not you feel Zimmerman is being railroaded, there's no need to attack Trayvon, Rachel Jeantel and/or his parents.

There's no need to make light of his death. He was not a pedophile, mass murderer and/or depraved person. He was a teen with behavioral issues (not a foreign concept with teens), who was killed. No matter the hows and whys, this is a death to be mourned, not mocked.

But I agree with you, those who wish to think ill of black people won't be moved. And while I also hope there are no riots, perhaps the buffoons rioting will collide with the buffoon racists and we can eradicate both from this world.
I could not agree with you more. It is acceptable to debate and disagree. But, reducing your defense to racial slurs is ridiculaous, and it makes those defending anyone that way look ludicrous.
Where is the humanity in sluring a dead teen. Humanity has no color.....

Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:

Those are exaggerations? What kind of world do you live in?
She said she was in hospital because she didn't want to go to the funeral, nothing to do with the trial.
She didn't lie about her name, those other 2 names were nicknames.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:

I'm exaggerating? What kind of world do you live in?
You're definitley nitpicking more than a chimpanzee, I'll tell you that much. It is perfectly understandable why a young girl would be spooked by the thought of viewing the corpse and the funeral and the burial of the friend that was on the phone with her when he was killed.

I forget that some people are so damn unsympathetic and empathetic.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:01 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You're definitley nitpicking more than a chimpanzee, I'll tell you that much. It is perfectly understandable why a young girl would be spooked by the thought of viewing the corpse and the funeral and the burial of the friend that was on the phone with her when he was killed.

I forget that some people are so damn unsympathetic and empathetic.

Lying about her age & name are nitpicking?

Okie dokie.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Lying about her age & name are nitpicking?

Okie dokie.
Absolutely nitpicking. When was lying about age such a surprising and sinful thing? She lied to avoid being dragged into the case and testifying, which further proves that she was not exactly chomping at the bit to testify against GZ.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-11-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies