Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
His father wasn't even home.
Well, excuuuuse me! It was where his father was living and he was on his way home to watch football with his father's fiance's kid. His father expected him home and had no idea where TM was for two days. right back atchya!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think he even had significant behavioral issues, he was an average student, he got A's and B's in school, he was looking at SAT training and scoping out colleges, he was going to Aviation School part-time, he babysat his cousins and baked them cookies. His parents were college-educated, his brother was in college, and he apparently had every intention of going to college.

He had been suspended from school three times for reasons totally unrelated to violence or aggression. He smoked weed, and talked tough on social media ---something a lot of teenage males do.

People want to portray him as a thug, or future criminal. Truth is, he wasn't.
I read that TM was turned over to the school police and school system to handle instead of the Miami police.

What I read said that he was caught with burglary tools on him.

These things were suppressed.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No one wants to talk about Bernie's fancy circa 2005 computer graphics?
I think his 8th grade daughter put it together after her swim class Tuesday.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think he even had significant behavioral issues, he was an average student, he got A's and B's in school, he was looking at SAT training and scoping out colleges, he was going to Aviation School part-time, he babysat his cousins and baked them cookies. His parents were college-educated, his brother was in college, and he apparently had every intention of going to college.

He had been suspended from school three times for reasons totally unrelated to violence or aggression. He smoked weed, and talked tough on social media ---something a lot of teenage males do.

People want to portray him as a thug, or future criminal. Truth is, he wasn't.
Stop. stop, stop.

He was suspended 3 times in one year, missed 50+ days of school. He was no longer an A, B student, if he ever was. Kicked out of his mom's house. Weed and vandalism are crimes the school chose to handle in-house to keep a young black man from having a criminal record. They didn't even report the women's jewelry to the real cops. We don't know his full school record of behavioral issues.

I realize you isolate each of tm's behavioral issues to present him as a 'typical' teen boy. That's nonsense. He was having what to normal people are significant behavioral issues over the last 6 months to year of his life.

That doesn't mean to me he was a thug or future criminal.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Are you aware that whites riot? And over dumb stuff like losing hockey and football games. At least if/when blacks riot, it's for a *somewhat* respectable reason (travesty of justice, etc). You mofos riot if you lose a sporting game.

So what are you doing to fix this in your white community?
For that matter, a bunch of white kids at Penn State rioted when Joe Paterno was fired, and that dude provided cover for a repeat child rapist. Not the sort of person I'd riot over, if I were the sort of person to riot.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, excuuuuse me! It was where his father was living and he was on his way home to watch football with his father's fiance's kid. His father expected him home and had no idea where TM was for two days. right back atchya!
His father reported tm missing the next morning and had a positive ID within hours. There was at the time a lot of garbage from Team Martin about tm laying in the morgue as a John Doe for days. Bunk.

I'd like to give an opinion on what a responsible, concerned father could have done if he came home at night and his son was gone, but that'd be seen as victim bashing.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,294 times
So that was it eh? What a sorry closing, from a very deranged attorney.

I see where he(Bernie) even said Zim had a "overloaded weapon"? Now that's pure stupidity. Of the six jurors one is a former permit holder, and another has a currently holds a permit. I bet that very stupid remark went over real well. Haven't seen anyone post here or elsewhere that the state proved "deranged mind, or intent".

I bet the only decision that MOM has to make now, is which of Bernie's foolish arguments to dissemble tomorrow morning. They better have the EMT's on hand in case Bernie has a stroke tomorrow.

I just moved from hung jury to not guilty on any of the Crumped up charges.

Last edited by gregm; 07-11-2013 at 04:11 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Bunk. That's just not true.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
So that was it eh? What a sorry closing, from a very deranged attorney.

I see where he(Bernie) even said Zim had a "overloaded weapon"? Now that's pure stupidity. Of the six jurors one is a former permit holder, and another has a currently holds a permit. I bet that very stupid remark went over real well. Haven't seen anyone post here or elsewhere that the state proved "deranged mind, or intent".

I bet the only decision that MOM has to make now, is which of Bernie's foolish arguments to dissemble tomorrow morning. They better have the EMT's on hand in case Bernie has a stroke tomorrow.

I just mover from hung jury to not guilty on any of the Crumped up charges.
I just finished watching. Here's my thoughts:

Bernie was all over the place ... not cohesive. Still don't have a good idea of exactly what they're saying happened.

His voice was also majorally annoying ... all the high pitchy, screetchy-ness hurt my head.

His computer graphics were circa 2005. I can't believe they weren't embarrassed to put that up there.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,294 times
OK some advice for those who are going to commit per-meditated murder.

As part of your pre-meditated plot to commit murder due to racial hatred, You must call the police first, and alert them to what I am about to do. Shoot the person, then beat yourself about the face and head on the sidewalk. Plus you then need to bribe your neighbor, of have evidence to blackmail him with so's he can testify for the state against you....wait a minute this is getting slightly out of hand. Even as smart as I am, I can't make this work. And we all know Zim was a dimwit, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies