Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yeah, and we know who's partially responsible for that. The media, some black politicians, and some Hollywood big mouths.

Bologna. If that had been your child shot down on the way home from the convenience store, you'd be storming the jail. Many of the people outraged by this killing are brown, white and yellow. This case demanded attention on its own merit; most Americans don't want to HAVE to carry a gun because of people like George Zimmerman, and find it tragic that a young person died needlessly. However, it's
convenient for racists and fanatical gun owners to project the blame elsewhere, thinking that it will distract people.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,472,724 times
Broward County Sheriff’s Office Releases PSA Asking People Not To Riot After Zimmerman Verdict…

PIO 13-7-9 RAISE YOUR VOICE, NOT YOUR HANDS - YouTube

Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I like that prosecutor, Rich Mantei. He has such a mobile face, I like the expressions he makes.
Me, too. I've liked him from the get-go. Too bad Bernie had seniority, as John Guy is good as well. I wish I could give you a rep!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The poor animator shouldn't be so defensive. Just say that the animation depicts the defense's version of events. Maybe he gets a bonus if it gets admitted.
It sure seems like he is trying to be deceptive. Bizarre for an expert witness to be so invested. I think he was planning on making his career out of testifying....
Wish this young Attorney had been doing more during prosecution....Doesn't mess around.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
If someone taps you on the shoulder, how much force do you think is justified in response?
I usually just reach across, grab the hand and pull......with the same-side elbow at head level.. It usually works well.

Oh, and then I say I'm Sorry

Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
[quote=Evenstar51;30402703]Affirmative Defense - Florida Legal Wiki

Quote:
Often a Defendant will assert affirmative defenses without any supporting factual allegations. Such affirmative defenses are improper since an affirmative defense is a pleading and must be supported by factual allegations like the allegations in a Complaint. The proper response to such unsupported affirmative defenses is a Motion for More Definite Statement per Fla. R. Civ. P. 1.140(e). If, following a hearing and Order of the Court, factual support is not provided, the challenged affirmative defense may be stricken.[end quote]

While this point in re striking isn't relevant, the section which notes an affirmative defense is a pleading that must meet specific requirements is applicable. It will be interesting to see how the jurors interpret
the evidence. Judge Nelson is another matter; maybe she's watched Judge Judy enough to know that you don't follow someone that you claim to fear.
You think there are no facts or evidence supporting self defense. Maybe I'm overestimating Nelson, but I'm pretty sure she'll see there's more than enough to let the jury decide.

Judge Judy would hear the call to dispatch and ship gz to jail.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
I think it's very PC of everybody not to out Mark O'Mara as an elf.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Broward County Sheriff’s Office Releases PSA Asking People Not To Riot After Zimmerman Verdict…

PIO 13-7-9 RAISE YOUR VOICE, NOT YOUR HANDS - YouTube

That's a wonderful thing to do, and shows a sincere and solid front. Good for them!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Bologna. If that had been your child shot down on the way home from the convenience store, you'd be storming the jail. Many of the people outraged by this killing are brown, white and yellow. This case demanded attention on its own merit; most Americans don't want to HAVE to carry a gun because of people like George Zimmerman, and find it tragic that a young person died needlessly. However, it's
convenient for racists and fanatical gun owners to project the blame elsewhere, thinking that it will distract people.
Unless you can claim you were not in the country during that time or were in a coma, you are not being honest. ANYONE who was in America and awake saw what the media and others did with this whole thing when they first broke it. If you cant even be honest with that, nothing else you say here is worth even reading.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,472,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That's a wonderful thing to do, and shows a sincere and solid front. Good for them!

If there are riots I'm sure they won't be as bad as the rioting Whites after the O.J. trial. All those stores broken into, all the damage to public buildings and cars set on fire. All by neighbors still have the TV's they took from the stores, along with cases of liquor, etc. If only the Whites back then had a leader like Sharpton or Jackson who stand for law and order in all cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies