Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The Defense filed a case of Affirmative Defense; they have to prove that it's a case of self defense.
No, the State is charging 2nd degree murder, they must PROVE that!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
They will have to harp on his inconsistencies about the insignificant facts. That's all they have. They have nothing when it comes to eyewitnesses or forensics.
Lying under oath is hardly "insignificant." It's perjury...judges and jurors tend to frown on that.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Again, PROVE it happend. Thats what this trail is about, PROOF. If you cant prove it, it didnt happen
You need to reword that because as it stands, that is not necessarily true. The jury will rely on tangible evidence, but they are also reliant on common sense and the entire incident and everyone involved as a whole, to draw a conclusion from the bigger picture.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You need to reword that because as it stands, that is not necessarily true. The jury will rely on tangible evidence, but they are also reliant on common sense and the entire incident and everyone involved as a whole to draw a conclusion from the bigger picture.
Still doesn't mean it actually happened though. They may THINK it happened, but if they can't prove it, they really have no idea.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Lying under oath is hardly "insignificant." It's perjury...judges and jurors tend to frown on that.
In order for him to perjur him self, he will have to testify, and there way he is going to do that

Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Absolutely...I'd be BEGGING for X-rays and a CT Scan if my head had been pounded on concrete to the point that I feared for my life, much less my freedom being at risk for having killed an innocent teen.
If your head was pounded as hard as GZ claims his was, they would be cleaning the brains and grey matter off the streets for weeks. His head was not repeatedly pounded and the two small cuts he has proves that. Really, enough with that talking point.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,091,635 times
does anybody think that the jury will find GZ guilty Murder in the 2nd degree at this point? If so, why? I just don't see it happening should have went for manslaughter from the start, just not enough there to get this conviction. The more the defense brings forth witnesses, the more the prosecution's case weakens.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, the State is charging 2nd degree murder, they must PROVE that!
Yes, but that doesn't negate the fact that the Defense chose an Affirmative Defense as opposed to SYG.
They DO have the added burden of proving that Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin in self defense. Personally, I'd be just fine with conviction on a lesser charge, as long as Zimmerman must take personal responsibility for having needlessly killed a teenager. A prison sentence for him would be justice and a heads-up for other hotheads on both an upper and a downer and carrying a gun that there are consequences for taking a human life senselessly. Zimmerman's actions and subsequent lies go directly to the stipulation of a depraved mind...he might get 2nd degree yet.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
What's silly is basing one's presumptions on internet blogs instead of reading the actual legal documents that have been posted repeatedly in these threads show. People who do that know about Zimmerman posting about "running over Mexicans," that he's consistently identified as "white" on those documents, and the exact timeline. It's 1 minute and 20 seconds between the end of Zimmerman's call to the police and the shot that killed Martin. Ellemint has posted the links...it's there for everyone to read. One minute and twenty seconds, and part of that time was spent with Zimmerman following Trayvon. That doesn't leave a great deal of time for Zimmerman's several versions to play out.
Prior to that 1 minute and 20 seconds (the hangup with dispatch) Zimmerman spends about 2 minutes on the phone with dispatch after he answers "OK" when told "we don't need you to do that". He continues the conversation in a normal (not winded or running) voice. If he were trying to run down M, as the person I responded to proposed, do you think that would be likely? If so, as I said, M is the slowest running teen I've ever heard of.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So how long would it take porky to shoot Trayvon, get out from under the body, roll the body over, and spread his arms out? Seems like by that time Trayvon would be dead for sure, given the 15 second window.

Unless that fat soft man was mighty quick! MIGHTY quick!!
So, no one wants to counter this? The defense's medical witness said Trayvon would be alive for up to 15 seconds, did he not?

Add to the timeline that Trayvon, upon being shot, sat up and said "Awww, ya got me!" That must have taken a few more seconds...

Well, just another lie chalked up to the fat boy. Nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies