Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 03:29 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Sadly, coonin in rap music will probably never die. He may leave, but 20 more will be right behind him. Their is big bucks in coonin and displaying black dysfunction.
Unfortunately, this stuff is much older than hip-hop. This has been going on for over a century. It's about the money. It is about playing what alot of people want to hear. As long as there are people who want to hear this, there will be people who will sell themselves short to make short term money.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Sadly, coonin in rap music will probably never die. He may leave, but 20 more will be right behind him. Their is big bucks in coonin and displaying black dysfunction.
the c word. I wasn't sure if we could use it here, but that is exactly what it is. there's no more "well this is where I come from" excuse. Tupac was homeless, had a crack head mom, but I believe if he were alive today he would call these little c***s out and their careers would've been over yesterday. did he rap about violence and hos, yep, but he also had a message and he would've never sold out like these little punks.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Census bureau provides bogus stats?
Or don't you like them.
Guess what, hispanic isn't a race.
Big duh for your
I said YOUR DATA was bogus. And why cant you answer my questions.. I answered yours! You refused to accept my answers and went out and presented data in a way that is distorting the truth! You csnt discuss the truth because you refuse to accept it when doesn't support your ideology. I understand there are a lot of racist individals who want to point fingers for the purpose of degrading. I am not one of those. It a shame because people like you that are willing to basically lie to avoid an issue are just as bad as the racist pigs that enjoy bringing down another group of people!

Old 07-20-2013, 04:52 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Of course it isn't right! What did you think I meant?

And it is not some. It is a lot.
Since I live in a predominately white town, I haven't had any overt racism geared towards me. That's why I said some white, not a lot, not most, and I don't like making false generalizations to support my ideology or agenda. That's not right either.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
And just what is a "stereotype"? Let's all stop ****ing lying to ourselves, here. The majority of the mid-younger generation of black males, and largely, for that matter, females, enjoy the modern hip-hop/rap/thug culture. Even the way the common black youngster speaks, is a reflection of rap culture.

Again, you're not making yourself clear on "real" black people and stereotypes. To me, stereotypes exist because of common social observation, and while it may not be true for all black people, the stereotypes exists not because whites "made it up", but because blacks perpetuate it, then become defensive and offended when it's talked about.
I'm not offended nor do I need to be defensive for what a select minority of black people do. They don't represent ALL black people. To me, anyone who thinks that way is flat out schizoid. But, if every white person were labelled/stereotyped as racist, then I guess we should expect to see every white person be racist toward black people every time they encounter them. I hope you see where I am going with this.

White people, when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, were stereotyped by my black friends and what we saw on TV as successful, upper middle class to rich, all spoke standard English, all lived in big two story houses, and for the most part moved away from urban areas to get away from us black people. That's what I saw when watching tv shows like the Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, Family Ties, Happy Days, and the list of TV shows can go on and on. I saw no black people on those shows. Their neighbors weren't black. So to me, it sent a message that black people weren't supposed to live like that.

What I realized after going to college and moving to the burbs was that, my image of ALL white people being successful was wrong. I saw working class whites living in houses similar to the house I grew up in in Compton, but their working class neighborhood was predominately white. I saw poor whites living in poor trailer parks, as well as in dilapidated modular homes.

My point is to stereotype a group of people just because a minority of them perpetuates it, sounds like an excuse to be racist toward the majority but justifying it for blaming the minority for perpetuating the stereotype in the first place . If that's what you saying, then this discussion on race won't ever move forward. All we are doing is playing tit for tat.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this is something you aren't understanding. Black men like me are not contributing to the violence and the crime. When you see these crimes being committed by Black men, it isn't people like the Huxtable family or the like. It's some hood rat who was raised poorly. It is not me you should be worried about.

And how are law-abiding Black people suppose to take responsibility for those who keep committing crimes? I have a relative(a somewhat distant relative) who has been in and out of prison. My father has tried to talk some sense into him. He won't listen to my father, nor will he learn. My father can only do so much. Think about it. Hood rats often make fun of Black people like me. What can you do? I can only control MY behavior.
GM, screw that! Why should we had to explain for the misdeeds of others? I don't ever hear anyone else apologizing for the things that their relatives or someone that looks like them did, so why should we? The powers to be want whites afraid of their own shadows and anyone that does not look like them so that they can sell more guns and pass more restrictive laws to imprision more people. The vast majority of people believe everything that the government puts out in statistical form and never bother to look at the numbers more closely. For example, you hear that blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 40% of the crime in this country BS! That means that 60% of the violent crimes in this country are committed by 87% of the population! Lets break it down this way, that number comes from the results of convictions, which we all know that the court system is skewed towards those with money and are non-black. They are also throwing around the mythical number of 70% of black children are born out of wedlock, but yet they omit the fact that many blacks in this country marry late in life AFTER having kids and the number also does not count gay parents and kids being raise by other non-traditional households. Question, how can blacks make up 70% of unwed births but yet are not the biggest recievers of welfare? Does that mean that eventhough they are fatherless/motherless does that mean that they are still surviving without the help of the government, which means that these single parents are taking care of their responsibilities.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
And you automatically relate any level of black underachievement to racism. Can we meet in the middle, where the truth probably lays?
No I have never said that, what I was pointing out is that there are cases were racism does have an impact on some situations but not all. There are some blacks that have been shielded from it and proudly claim that it does not exist, these are normally second/third generation immigrants that are clueless about blacks in relationship to American history. There are also those who were raised in by and around whites exclusively and view other blacks the same way as the whites that they are familiar with. You also have those blacks who have struggled through obvious racism, rather direct or indirect and are fraustrated by it, but yet keep trying to go on living the right way. Now you have those who don't want to do anything right and blame racism for their lack of ambition and goals, these are the ones that usually end up as criminals and are the main focus of those in fear.

So in retrospect, we are in agreement to some point (except your first statement about black underachievement)

Old 07-20-2013, 06:17 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
GM, screw that! Why should we had to explain for the misdeeds of others? I don't ever hear anyone else apologizing for the things that their relatives or someone that looks like them did, so why should we? The powers to be want whites afraid of their own shadows and anyone that does not look like them so that they can sell more guns and pass more restrictive laws to imprision more people. The vast majority of people believe everything that the government puts out in statistical form and never bother to look at the numbers more closely. For example, you hear that blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 40% of the crime in this country BS! That means that 60% of the violent crimes in this country are committed by 87% of the population! Lets break it down this way, that number comes from the results of convictions, which we all know that the court system is skewed towards those with money and are non-black. They are also throwing around the mythical number of 70% of black children are born out of wedlock, but yet they omit the fact that many blacks in this country marry late in life AFTER having kids and the number also does not count gay parents and kids being raise by other non-traditional households. Question, how can blacks make up 70% of unwed births but yet are not the biggest recievers of welfare? Does that mean that eventhough they are fatherless/motherless does that mean that they are still surviving without the help of the government, which means that these single parents are taking care of their responsibilities.
well they try with other groups. every time there is an act of terrorism by someone who calls themselves a Muslim, there are people who ask why other Muslims don't denounce the act of terrorism. they can't understand that these other millions of people are just trying to live their lives and didn't have isht to do with this act of terrorism. when Tim McVeigh blew up the Oklahoma fed building I don't remember righties coming out denouncing him as a righty. they denounced him, but few had anything to say about his far right beliefs.

and bravo for you breaking down these statistics.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I didn't read the red. My point to you was that Blacks have been hated even before such accounts.
Indeed. We agree.

Racial animus has existed long before "recently." That goes for all peoples in the present and historically. And when the animus isn't about race, it's about something else, like culture, religion, tribe, clan, or nationality. Russians vs Russian Jews, Poles and Germans, Muslims and Hindus, Pondo and Zulu, Clans Gunn and Keith, etc etc.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
there was no fist fight argument. a neighborhood watch person tried to stop and question a suspicious person. that person jumped on him broke his nose and beat him up pretty badly. its an assault not an argument.
your assertion that they were having an argument says that every mugging is a terrible misunderstanding.
do u honestly think because of something i have said to you u find offensive that you have the right to jump on me drive me head into the concrete and brake my nose with your fists? then congratulations u have found the self justification for murder and the reason why 50% of homicides are black on black violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies