Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Are you MORE worried about economics than you or your family being beaten up, killed or robbed? If you are, you definitely have a different mindset than I do.
I'm worried about both, but for different reasons. I've been beaten up, both by Whites and by Blacks. A White teenager shot me with a paintball gun when I was about 11(going on 12). I also worry about economics because without a job, I'm in trouble. I look at the two situations differently. I have been beaten up. However, one of my attackers went to prison. When it comes to economics, one's livelihood is at stake. This is the thing. I could move to a place where the likelihood of me being beaten up is low. However, without the money, that is difficult.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
My guard is up for anyone until they prove otherwise and also depending on the setting. It will be up if I'm walking down some dark alley (which I would never do) vs if I were just out shopping somewhere. But in general I treat everyone with the same amount of suspicion. I don't believe in using racist logic.
I take people at face value.

I've lived around black people all my life never been raped, robbed, or shot.
Crime data is not "racist logic". It is fact. There is a big difference.
I have worked with poor black kids, and adults for the past 30+ years. I have never been assaulted either, but I have been subjected to unrelenting overt racism. Don't think for a moment, that it is a one-way street.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
She left the scene, got a gun, came back, and shot it at him. I don't know if I'd call leaving a house, getting a gun, and coming back and shooting it at someone "defending yourself".
Exactly. That case does not qualify as self-defense and most definitely not Stand Your Ground. The allegation that her husband was abusive does not factor into the legal equation.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Crime data is not "racist logic". It is fact. There is a big difference.
I have worked with poor black kids, and adults for the past 30+ years. I have never been assaulted either, but I have been subjected to unrelenting overt racism. Don't think for a moment, that it is a one-way street.
Most white people are murdered by other white people. So yes your logic is racist.

So what, I've been subjected to racism by whites as well. That's life, you can't abuse a group for centuries and expect them to love you back. Most blacks are racist due to the constant abuse against us by whites in the past though. Most whites are racist because they feel blacks are inferior. There is a difference. Both are still wrong though.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Most white people are murdered by other white people. So yes your logic is racist.

So what, I've been subjected to racism by whites as well. That's life, you can't abuse a group for centuries and expect them to love you back. Most blacks are racist due to the constant abuse against us by whites in the past though. Most whites are racist because they feel blacks are inferior. There is a difference. Both are still wrong though.
Enjoy your victimhood. By your logic, I would be safer living in Detroit or Chicago. Not!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times
Quote:
Most blacks are racist due to the constant abuse against us by whites in the past though.
Soviet Russia ruthlessly enslaved, tortured and murdered my white ancestors for decades but, of course, I experienced absolutely none of the abuse. Should I be hateful and spiteful toward Russians?

Do yourself a favor, and get an education, a life, and a time-filling hobby to keep you from spreading this awful, immature, and lazy excuses for white you hate white people.

I'll save you the expense: You hate white people because your own ****ed up culture grooms and teaches you that you should hate white people, and that you're a victim. You're a victim of none other than your own black leaders filling your head with nonsense, in an effort to keep you from succeeding in American society, because that what your racial profiteers want, are "victims"; it's good business for them - not for you.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Not understanding? That we are suppose to be mind readers? To be able to determine who we have to be careful of, and who is safe? We should be able to automatically know which are the good ones, and which are the bad? The problem is, there are an awful lot of bad ones. For those of us, who live in urban areas, even more so. So, you believe blacks can't take responsibility for other blacks, yet leaders like Al Sharpton can place all focus on whites, yet never preach to his own? Yo man Trayvon, pounded the crap out of George Zimmerman, yet he was not suppose to defend himself? Many blacks are deploring the Stand Your Ground law, because these laws make it more difficult to assault someone and get away with it. When you attack a law designed to help defend yourself, and you defend people who assault, that is called "Guilt by Association".

It was indicated on talk radio, that if all black crime was separated from white crime, the crime rate in the U.S. would be the equivalent to that of Switzerland.
I'd like to see some statistics on that.
Please provide them.

I heard it on talk radio so it must be true does not count for statistics.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM

93,396 posts, read 124,052,832 times
I'm just going to say that there is no need to be. Start saying "Hi" to another brother and to others, even if you know them or not. That alone can go a long way.

Stop worrying about the larger culture, as they have their own problems to deal with and if you have any idea of history, none of this should be a surprise.

If we have enough knowledge of ourselves and portray images to the larger culture and nation at large, then overall responsibility should improve. Like the title of the book by George Fraser states, "Success Runs in Our Race" and it is time to display it. Yes, we live in this larger society, but we aren't of the larger society and in turn, we need to keep in mind that networking, encouraging and down right loving those in the community, in spite of others, is going to get us to the next level.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

According to this, she was defending herself against her abusive husband.
Except that she left and returned. She was no longer in danger.

That's what got her the jail time.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Soviet Russia ruthlessly enslaved, tortured and murdered my white ancestors for decades but, of course, I experienced absolutely none of the abuse. Should I be hateful and spiteful toward Russians?

Do yourself a favor, and get an education, a life, and a time-filling hobby to keep you from spreading this awful, immature, and lazy excuses for white you hate white people.

I'll save you the expense: You hate white people because your own ****ed up culture grooms and teaches you that you should hate white people, and that you're a victim. You're a victim of none other than your own black leaders filling your head with nonsense, in an effort to keep you from succeeding in American society, because that what your racial profiteers want, are "victims"; it's good business for them - not for you.
What's your point? Black and whites relationship is like that of a man who beats his wife and then expects enthusiastic sex. Get real. Hate fuels hate, that is FACT. Good for you for getting over it, but that's not what most people do. Hence why we have so many cultural wars on this planet.

I spent time in Korea and some Koreans cannot stand Japanese people because of their bad history together. I actually met a Korean girl there who told me she hated Japanese people and would never date or marry a Japanese person.

Dominicans hate Haitians because Haitians ruled over their country for so long in a tyrant manner and now Dominicans look at Haitains like they are trash.

It's human nature!!! Whether you want to accept it or not, doesn't change that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies