Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times

Advertisements

I would file a civil suit against the person who left the nuggets unattended in the first place. She would still have her job if not for the neglectful actions of the nugget maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Never.

Those children are entrusted to the teacher's care with the understanding that they will be constantly supervised. Constantly supervised. Not only do the parents expect their children to have an adult with them the entire time, but the LAW requires that those children have an adult with them constantly. And the owner of the daycare center is responsible for seeing that the LAW is followed, else she loses her license to operate the daycare center, and ALL her employees lose their jobs.

If you take your children to the neighborhood pool, and leave them in the care of the lifeguard, and the lifeguard steps away from the pool for whatever reason, if your child drowns is any reason going to be good enough? If you take your child to the park, and leave them in the care of a park ranger, and the park ranger goes off to do something, and your child runs into the street where he is struck by a car and killed, will you care why the park ranger left your child unattended?

Daycare centers don't just have rules. Daycare centers are governed by strict laws. Laws that tell them how many children they can accept per caretaker. Laws that tell them what they can feed children, and how much they can feed the children, and how often they can feed children. Laws that tell them what sort of activities they can involve the children in. Laws that tell them that they have to do complete background checks on their employees. Laws that tell them how much insurance they must carry. Their facilities are inspected regularly. The kitchen has to meet certain standards. The playground has to meet certain standards. They have to provide storage for the children. They have to provide a system of checking-in and checking-out, so that they always know how many children are there, and where those children are. If children under their care receive medication, they have to have someone qualified to administer that medicine and they have to have procedures for keeping the medicine locked up, and ensuring that no one has access to it, and that only the child authorized for the medication receives it.

Daycare centers are highly regulated. Which is one of the reasons daycare is so expensive.

The owner of this daycare has to think of those things. The owner has to think of the possibility of being sued. The owner has to think of the possibility of the state fining her or revoking her license.

Leaving kids unattended at a daycare center is a major violation. However well-intended the teacher was, she should have made sure the children had an adult supervisor with them, either by calling for help or by taking the children to another classroom. If something had happened to her in a fire, and the other teachers were busy evacuating their kids from the building, would the other staff had known to check on her kids? In the confusion, would her kids have been left behind, or left to figure out on their own that they had to get out of the burning building? What if one of the kids went looking for her? What if one of the kids hid in a closet or somewhere (very common thing for frightened children to do, and deadly in a fire)?

NEVER leave a classroom of pre-schoolers alone without adult supervision. NEVER.
But ... but ... LIBRULS!!!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:15 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What if, what if, what if. How about what if the fire had exploded and blocked the escape route? That, my rule bound correspondent, is the BIG IF.
Then at least the children would have had an adult with them to follow additional protocols for that location. That's the point, for God's sake.

What if the fire had exploded when the teacher went into the kitchen, and she was injured? (A question I posed way up thread.) Then the children would be on their own to escape an exploded fire. That's why rules in schools like this call for the teacher to NEVER abandon the children.

This isn't rocket science. And no one seems to want to answer my question about what could have happened in the situation in Post #58 if I had decided to make up my own protocols instead of following the rules and evacuating children ASAP.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,689,057 times
I got bad news. Life is not fair. Once the teacher broke the rules and regulations of the Daycare center SHE put the children's lives at risk. Instead of handling this right way she decided to "be a hero", and now she's unemployed. No one's fault but hers.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's easy to be judgmental, yes. But day care workers have some training just like all the rest of us do in our company's policies for emergencies. I believe they have to conduct periodic fire drills. They know the rules.

I'm sorry you have to resort to personal attacks.
I am sorry you were offended. I should not have said that to you. I deleted the comment.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm sorry you have to resort to personal attacks.
GoM's post does not violate the Katiana Rule.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
What would you have done? Got some marshmallows and had a roast?
Typical ******* in action here folks
I never had Roast ******* before. Is it any good? I would think it would be like a cross between yellow spotted dick and English pudding dish in the 18th century?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
GoM's post does not violate the Katiana Rule.
well, I found these :, to be quite rude when used in certain situation. But I
don't stress over it. If I did that I have no business on this board. I didn't think my comment was a personal attack. But if she felt so and was offended or hurt, I rather remove it. No need to start conflicts over a few stinking words.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Thanks for the kind words. And I agree about emoticoms. I hate them.

@Harrier: I'm not in the mood to play your games today, pal.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
I have a question. Who put the chicken nuggets in the microwave that were smoking? Perhaps it was the same teacher who put out the fire? If so, perhaps that's the part she's getting fired for? For leaving her room to cook chicken AND for leaving the room again when they caught on fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies