Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That was the daycare's policy. Care to tell us why that policy is a bad policy?
I just don't happen to think life is black and white, right or wrong ok ?

I believe there are exceptions to rules, especially when there is a favorable outcome.
And that's my OPINION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not "dismissable."

"Note to public: Teachers are NEVER to leave their children. Never to allow the children to be out of their sight no matter how short of a time. There is a reason why the average teacher has an enlarged bladder and is often “irregular” when it comes to excretion. Teaching is not like a job in the business world. There are no trips to the water cooler, no coffee breaks when you are feeling sluggish, no brief trips to the washroom just because your body is calling for it. Unless another teacher or someone from the office is available to stand in for a teacher, THERE IS NO LEAVING YOUR CHILDREN WHEN YOU ARE DESIGNATED TO BE WITH THEM!"

PUBLIC OUTRAGE OVER TEACHER FIRING – SORRY, SHE DESERVED IT | Teachers Fight Back
If you are telling me teachers don't use the restroom during the class time I'm completely ignoring that as total B.S.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No different than her going to the rest room. The idea that there is no supervision because the person is in the next room for a couple minutes is silly and dismissable.
I have a friend who owned a daycare. And when one of the caretakers needed to go the bathroom, they would have another caretaker supervise her children. The children were NEVER left unsupervised.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now who's playing "what if" with various scenarios ?
Should I quote the part where I said:

Quote:
We don't know that. That information is not in the article.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I have a friend who owned a daycare. And when one of the caretakers needed to go the bathroom, they would have another caretaker supervise her children. The children were NEVER left unsupervised.
I have a three-year-old. Leaving her unattended for even ten seconds can result in disaster. I can't imagine what could happen leaving a whole classroom of kids unattended. Unworldly horrors the likes of which you've never seen!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Well lets look at the daycare and the raging fire that could have killed all these children...............That tiny little oven looked like it was right next to where this evil lady and the kids were to begin with. Where was olga? I bet she is the one who started the fire to begin with. . Lady saw it smoking took everybody outside went back in and still put the thing out after they took a head count and all that became of it was a little smoke damage. Quite amazing that liberals would rather they all stand around outside and let the building and the entire strip mall burn to the ground waiting for the fire department instead of just taking out some burning nuggets. Quite amazing indeed. All hail authority though. Owner appears to be communist too.

Daycare Teacher Fired For Leaving Classroom To Save Children From Fire - YouTube

Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I have a three-year-old. Leaving her unattended for even ten seconds can result in disaster. I can't imagine what could happen leaving a whole classroom of kids unattended. Unworldly horrors the likes of which you've never seen!
Yeah they might fall down and scrape a knee. Oh the horror!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
How do you know? Where you there making sure they were never left unsupervised?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well lets look at the daycare and the raging fire that could have killed all these children...............That tiny little oven looked like it was right next to where this evil lady and the kids were to begin with. Where was olga? I bet she is the one who started the fire to begin with. . Lady saw it smoking took everybody outside went back in and still put the thing out after they took a head count and all that became of it was a little smoke damage. Quite amazing that liberals would rather they all stand around outside and let the building and the entire strip mall burn to the ground waiting for the fire department instead of just taking out some burning nuggets. Quite amazing indeed. All hail authority though. Owner appears to be communist too.
Here's a suggestion since you're so convinced that this daycare is the core of all that is unholy and wrong. Run your own daycare! Tell people they shouldn't follow the rules if "common sense" tells them not to do so. See how far that gets you.

I have an ever better idea: if this employee doesn't like the rules, she doesn't have to work there. Isn't that the free market? Is anyone forcing her to work there? Is anyone forcing anyone to work there? If their employees have such a disdain for rules, they should go find some anarchist daycare.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you are telling me teachers don't use the restroom during the class time I'm completely ignoring that as total B.S.
Actually no they cannot leave a class unsupervised. They need to go inbetween classes.
If emergency you need to call the office to get someone to come watch your class.
100% supervised..NEVER left alone.

I subbed for a teacher that went for 3.5 hours straight before she had a planning period.
When that bell rang for 2nd period though I had to go so I locked the classroom and went and left the kids to be waiting for me in the hall during the 3 minute switching time as they could not enter the classroom if I was not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies