Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
When I take my kids to a babysitter they don't need to be bathed. You take that upon yourself apparently. Climb up on toilets. I let kids climb trees. They are children not prisoners. Lord have mercy.
As a parent, you have the freedom to make these choices. And I've frequently had children left overnight with me. So I don't take it upon myself (you're insinuations are getting tiresome, by the way. Why don't you just stop trying to be subtle and accuse me of something? Oh, that's right, you're trying to attack my character but not violate the TOS. But since an attack on me is both off-topic and a violation of the TOS you fail on both counts.), they have baths before bedtime because that's what you do with children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 11:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As a parent, you have the freedom to make these choices. And I've frequently had children left overnight with me. So I don't take it upon myself (you're insinuations are getting tiresome, by the way. Why don't you just stop trying to be subtle and accuse me of something? Oh, that's right, you're trying to attack my character but not violate the TOS. But since an attack on me is both off-topic and a violation of the TOS you fail on both counts.), they have baths before bedtime because that's what you do with children.
It won't kill a kid to not take a bath for a few days.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It won't kill a kid to not take a bath for a few days.
Which has to do with the topic, how????????????????????????????????????????

Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Harrier was responding to the following off-topic comment.
Quote:
I've frequently had children left overnight with me...they have baths before bedtime because that's what you do with children.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier was responding to the following off-topic comment.
Yes, I know. Perhaps you'd like to return to the topic, now?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I recall a teacher being fired at a Catholic school for getting pregnant yet not married. It was against the school's policy so people here justified it.
Being that they may be one and the same you would have no point.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
When they are pre-schoolers, I certainly am. It's not like we're talking about seventeen kids here. But your attacks on me are OFF-TOPIC.
I am commenting on what you claim you did. You go to the movies (according to you) you take the kids (according to you) you accompany a kid that has to pee to the restroom (according to you). Who is watching the rest of the kids? Not you.

If you do not want to discuss it, don't bring it up as an example.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
I can see both sides of this. I think it is good that she took the initiative to put out the fire. However, I would feel uneasy with the fact that she smelled smoke and left sleeping children behind in another room to investigate the cause of the smoke.
Me, too. The fact is this turned out great, she put out a fire and all were safe. BUT it could have turned out differently. What if the teacher left the room to investigate and had a burning ceiling fall on her which would have doomed the sleeping children she left behind? Rules are made for the worst case scenarios. Maybe a compromise could have/should have been worked out where she got time off without pay and some re-training.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Understood. But the teacher leaving a room full of pre-schoolers is putting those pre-schoolers at risk. So the rule isn't stupid. And the teacher could have called for help, or could have taken the kids to another classroom before investigating the fire. The children are the priority. Always the priority. And the rules make the children the priority.
Absolutely right.

Interesting parallels here. And look how this turned out:

PA Employment Law: Commonwealth Court: Preschool Teacher Fired For Leaving Child Unattended For Four Minutes In Violation of Employer's 100% Supervision Rule Not Entitled To Unemployment Compensation Benefits

Old 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Me, too. The fact is this turned out great, she put out a fire and all were safe. BUT it could have turned out differently. What if the teacher left the room to investigate and had a burning ceiling fall on her which would have doomed the sleeping children she left behind? Rules are made for the worst case scenarios. Maybe a compromise could have/should have been worked out where she got time off without pay and some re-training.
What if's are useless. Worse case is she doesn't put out the fire and it ignites the gas stove sending the entire building into an inferno along with everyone inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies